• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2 good enough premiership teams?

Anders Limpar

The first XI might just have their hardest opponents in the EPL when playing against their teammates in practise the following season:

Lehman

Lauren Toure Campbell Cole

Freddie Gilberto Vieira Pires

Bergkamp Vieira

Reyes Aliadiere

RVP Edu Parlour Pennant

Clichy Cygan Senderos Hoyte

Stack

Is anyone but me sure we'll make a good run in the League Cup this season?

Aussie

Established Member
Fabregas will play in the carling cup

Since when do we have two Vieira's

Since when does Henry not make the first team :wink:

TRUE GUNNER

What you doing why have u got vieira up front?

its-

Lehmann

lauren toure campbell cole

ljungberg vieira edu pires

bergkamp
henry
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reyes Aliadiere

van persie gilberto Fabregas parlour

clichy senderos cygan hoyte

stack

TRUE GUNNER

fabregas will be a great player for arsenal in 2 years time, they say he is the next best midfielder to vieira, and he only 17 if you get a chance to see the reserves play, go and see this guy because he is brilliant and even if it is a reserve match he is still up for the game and he puts his foot in

Aussie

Established Member
TRUE GUNNER said:
fabregas will be a great player for arsenal in 2 years time, they say he is the next best midfielder to vieira, and he only 17 if you get a chance to see the reserves play, go and see this guy because he is brilliant and even if it is a reserve match he is still up for the game and he puts his foot in

Already the youngest player to score for Arsenal isnt he. He scored against Wolves so it was against premiership opponents well sort of.

Two year time

vieira fabregas

in the middle.

flotz

i remember someone here said that cesc said in an interview that he was promised 15 to 20 match next season
i just have a question:
will he play in central midfield?
because he is more in the lampard style and our tactic is to have 2 dm in the centre
change of tactic?
because i cant see us playing with only vieira to cover the defense

Aussie

Established Member
flotz said:
i remember someone here said that cesc said in an interview that he was promised 15 to 20 match next season
i just have a question:
will he play in central midfield?
because he is more in the lampard style and our tactic is to have 2 dm in the centre
change of tactic?
because i cant see us playing with only vieira to cover the defense

15 to 20 games are you sure?

lewdikris

Established Member
I'd guess he might get 5-10 but 15-20 is a hell of a lot. But we'll see. We only had one occasion this season (Birmingham away amidst injuries and post-OT suspensions) when a fifth central midfielder would have got a game.

I don't think we'll see him centre mid yet - well, not against anyone decent anyways. More likely as a tucked in right winger a la Ray. The engine room of midfield's no place for a 17 year old, however good.

MightyArsenal

Hmmm im not so sure about that, I thought fletcher was pretty shít when he began the season but slowly but surely hes because one of utd's best players! I rate cesc higher than fletcher and so dont see why he cant play in central midfield. Although I would only play him if gilberto or edu were injured, id have him in front of parlour.

Soler

Established Member
lewdikris said:
I

I don't think we'll see him centre mid yet - well, not against anyone decent anyways. More likely as a tucked in right winger a la Ray. The engine room of midfield's no place for a 17 year old, however good.

I can only see him coming out if we're like, 3-0 up against Norwich or some relegation fodder, otherwise there's no need to bring on a 17 year old.

KingReyes

Established Member
Cesc will play Carling cup games and maybe on the bench for FA cup games. He'll probably make the bench for the league games but only late in the season after we win the league at ****e Hart Lane again. :lol: :lol:

MightyArsenal

Lets hope we dont get knocked out of the carling cup and FA cup games in the first rounds then otherwise our youngsters will get no games next season :roll:

Anders Limpar

Henry is crap...

...hahaha, sorry folks, wrote Vieira up front instead of Henry, but you should all be smart enough to understand my mistake...

Cesc seems to be drawing a lot of peoples attention! He will be 17 this year and still needs to grow into a full man before he can cope with the EPL, otherwise something is very, very strange...=) But he is welcome to prove me wrong...

goonerlove

I actually think that we will have MORE depth this year than last... barring major injuries, we should have:

GK - Lehmann, Stack, ???

Defense - Campbell, Toure, Cole, Lauren, Senderos, Clichy, Hoyte, Cygan

Midfield - Ljungberg, Gilberto, Edu, Vieira, Pires, Pennant, RVP, Clichy

Striker - Henry, Bergkamp, Reyes, Aliadiere, RVP, Ljungberg

RVP and Pennant give us more depth at midfield than we had last year. Senderos and Hoyte give us more depth at back (assuming they are not injured and have another year under their belt). And at striker, we lose Kanu and Wiltord but Reyes is with us another year, Ali develops, and RVP gives us even more cover.

It all comes down to injuries and the progression of younger players. If the youth looks good and we don't have any major long-term injuries, we have an even stronger team next year IMHO.

Goonerlove

goonerlove

uhhh... Ljungberg can play striker if need be... he has done it in the past and that is why I included him both in the midfield category and the striker category. It probably won't happen, but it is an option.

If you didn't notice, it is also why I put Clichy in both defense and midfield as options and RVP in midfield/striker...

Goonerlove

Latest posts+

Top Bottom