• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2 Ramsey Questions

sabret00the

Established Member
Play him till the end of the season in place of Fabregas?

And if his role ultimately a squad player (backup to Fabregas) or will he be a Fabregas replacement?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Ramsey is definitely his own player - he can play as a CM with Cesc, with Jack or with both and having Song rested.

I believe that he will be an incredible addition to our squad next year - genuinely "like a new signing".

Y va marquer

Established Member
If Cesc is unavailable then yes play him until the end of the season.
If Cesc is available play Ramsey instead of Jack - he looks like he needs resting especially now that he's going to be shipped off to the Under 21 competition.

As a replacement for Cesc? Not for another season at least.
Remains to be seen if in the longer term his fitness will be reliable.

His potential is exciting though, I have great hopes for him.

mo50

Established Member
He's not ready to fully replace Cesc. He'd be a terrific squad option in midfield, something we have lacked this season. After next season, who knows?

I'd play him for the remaining 3 games. Fabregas can have an extended holiday and get himself sorted for next year.

McIntyre

Established Member
Replacement for Cesc? Maybe eventually.

But in the meantime I'm more looking forward to him being a replacement for Diaby/Denilson in the middle and Bendtner/Eboue as back-up for the right wing position.

darthwenger

DJ_Markstar said:
Ramsey is definitely his own player - he can play as a CM with Cesc, with Jack or with both and having Song rested.

I believe that he will be an incredible addition to our squad next year - genuinely "like a new signing".

I agree - to say Ramsey is just an understudy to Cesc is not giving him enough credit. Imo, they play nothing alike anyway.

Ramsey reminds me more of Steven Gerrard then Cesc - willing worker, involved in most of the play and arrives late in the box to try and score.

ebouenolike

Established Member
@darthwenger: I agree, Rambo reminds me so much of Steven Gerrard, thankfully without the scouse and the diving.

I would ease Rambo in the last few games, don't think I would start him against Stoke.

Floating

Established Member
Ramsey isn't as powerful as Gerrard yet - he doesn't have the turn of pace or the physicality that Gerrard does to make him such a potent threat for 'Pool time and time again. That said, Ramsey will grow and mature and be able to impose himself more - he's only 20! :)

Gunner_JT

Knee jerk reaction says yes. If Fabregas is still under an 'injury cloud' no point in risking him further and we'd be able to see where Ramsey is at on a weekly basis.

Spork

Established Member
Lol comparing Rambo with Stevie is a bit harsh really, I mean he could easily get there but there's still many years left.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Ramsey plays nothing like Gerrard; he's closer to Lampard at the same age except being more intelligent and more able to control games. But he certainly does need games and with Cesc being poor for the past few games it might be time to rest him.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
No. When Fabregas is available, he should play but Ramsey, Fabregas and Wilshere can be rotated till the end of the season.

For next season, he should be a Fabregas back up and should be rotated with Wilshere and Fabregas. He will eventually replace Fabregas but next season is too early for him.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
ibby said:
What about a Wilshere, Ramsey, Fabregas midfield?

That will work if they are both interchanging wich is impossible to defend against we saw it against United Ramsey and Wilshere were constantly interchanging. this will make us far more less predictable

scytheavatar

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
ibby said:

That will work if they are both interchanging wich is impossible to defend against we saw it against United Ramsey and Wilshere were constantly interchanging. this will make us far more less predictable

Against Utd, it was Song who completely nullified Rooney and caused their midfield to collapse. To me it's pointless playing both Ramsey and Fabregas together, that would be equlivent to playing both Lampard and Gerrard together. I have a hard time seeing those 2 working well together as we only need one guy to lead our midfield.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
scytheavatar said:
HollandGooner said:
ibby said:

Against Utd, it was Song who completely nullified Rooney and caused their midfield to collapse. To me it's pointless playing both Ramsey and Fabregas together, that would be equlivent to playing both Lampard and Gerrard together. I have a hard time seeing those 2 working well together as we only need one guy to lead our midfield.

Xavi Iniesta is exactly the same case you are reffering to.

Top Bottom