• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2 Ramsey Questions

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
outlaw_member said:
It is a given that we won't find a player who can replicate Fabregas's creative ability, but there are other CM's who can offer qualities which could still improve the team. Even a relatively underwhelming replacement like Sahin, who would be a different type of midfielder, would enable us to configure a different midfield set up and alter the manner in which it functions. Which could even turn out to be for better of the team.

The worst thing we could do is expect Ramsey and Wilshere to suffice in his departure, provided Cesc leaves within the next two years or so, because they simply won't be ready, or good enough to perform consistently over an entire season.

Like others have mentioned, I'd sign another creative CM to replace Fabregas, so that we have 3 options in the midfield who can offer creative passing. Whilst, also improving the front line so that there is a lesser need for an incisive pass.

I should have said, that it's too big an ask for both Ramsey and Jack, to replace Fabs as soon as he leaves us (which means this summer or next summer). Of course that's a partnership that has to grow no doubt about that.
They have the potential to perform good in our midfield, but they won't do that on a consistant basis as long as they're still just talents, I agree.

Thing is, I don't expect Arsène to re-invest the money we'll receive for Fabs into a finished article like CM, and with an eye on recent seasons, it wouldn't be a surprise if he Song-Jack-Ramsey became our starting midfield from the point Fabs is gone.

I rate Sahin a lot btw, but he's not experienced either and is yet to perform on a consistant basis over the course of two/three seasons, as much as Ramsey or Jack atm.
Whether he'd bring us further or not, is difficult to say.
Rumours are, that he's already signed for Real anyway.

ArsenalDNA

DJ_Markstar said:
Ramsey is definitely his own player - he can play as a CM with Cesc, with Jack or with both and having Song rested.

I believe that he will be an incredible addition to our squad next year - genuinely "like a new signing".

Looking forward to Wenger rolling this old gem out when we don't sign anyone of note next season. Same applies with Vermalen obviously.

Top Bottom