• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2004/05 Fixtures

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 1,247

va_va_voom

So what happened to at home to a newly promoted side though???

Also, Rooney (possibly) returning to the acclaim of the Goodison faithful after (possibly) guiding England to Euro 2004 glory!!!

Its all set up for the fat ginger lad to bust us up bad again!!!

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Interesting schedule; no really tough periods save for the end, what with Liverpool, (Spuds) & Chelski in there.

Adam

Established Member
Get Everton away out of the way early. We will be more fresh, focussed, and it's likely we will have a bigger chance of winning it than if playing there later on in the season.

A

Anonymous

Do united and chelsea play each other on the first day?

A

Anonymous

Thats bad for us then. Its good when they play each other in the middle of the season as we begin to reach the business end and they slip up against each other. At the start its a hard game out the way and a loss first game dont mean too much. Where a loss in one of the last 6 games could mean alot. GUTTED

Aussie

Established Member
No guv

I predict

RVN, Scholes, Keane, Neville, Lampard, Crespo, Terry all breaking there legs in that game.

Gunner4life09

not a bad schedule actually as beany pointed out their isn't any tough periods where we play a few heavy weights at a time so its pretty good.

KingReyes

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Thats bad for us then. Its good when they play each other in the middle of the season as we begin to reach the business end and they slip up against each other. At the start its a hard game out the way and a loss first game dont mean too much. Where a loss in one of the last 6 games could mean alot. GUTTED

Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Tottenham (H)
West Brom (A)
Liverpool (H)
Birmingham (A)

Those are our last 6 games of the season GUV, depending on no re-scheduling of course. Chelsea will obviously be the toughest match I feel are capable of winning the other games. I feel its a fair run in.

Now compare it to Chelscums and the Mancs

Chelsea:

Man Utd (A)
Arsenal (H)
Fulham (H)
Bolton (A)
Charlton (H)
Newcastle (A)

Manure

Chelsea (H)
Everton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Charlton (A)
West Brom (H)
Southampton (A)

Pretty evenly mathed with maybe Chelsea having it a bit tougher.

leongsh

Visiting Goodison Park to play Everton on the first day of the season looks promising.

However, the biggie matchup on the first day is no doubt the Chelsea v Manchester United match. A big match-up so early in the season can mean early injuries for both teams if they are not careful.

Soler

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Chelsea:

Man Utd (A)
Arsenal (H)
Fulham (H)
Bolton (A)
Charlton (H)
Newcastle (A).

Four of those six teams beat Chelsea in 03/04. :D Away to the Toon on the last day? Glad we don't have that!

lewdikris

Established Member
Make that specific: away to Newcastle on the last day of the season in what will be Alan Shearer's last ever match for the Toon. Newcastle will win that methinks.

Soler

Established Member
That too. We also get one of our bogey matches out of the way early in 2005 - Bolton at the Reebok, as well as Blackburn away at Ewood. Both are out of the way by April. Pompey at home too in the runin ...

... we got a VERY good fixture, if you ask me.

Henry IV

Everton away has become something of a git fixture over the last two seasons. I would rather start with a home game to be honest. I think the opening fixtures are reasonable and the chances of breaking Nottingham Forest's record are very good. April looks a busy month but we can handle every team there.

Top Bottom