• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2008-09 Arsenal kit

True Gooner

Established Member
Same

Its either Clichy or Rocastle, although somehow I feel Rocastles' name will just 'feel' right on the back of my kit, when I do eventually buy it.

James

Established Member
true gooner said:
Same

Its either Clichy or Rocastle, although somehow I feel Rocastles' name will just 'feel' right on the back of my kit, when I do eventually buy it.
That is also the decision i have to make :lol:

Shall be getting mine tomorrow. How exciting.

True Gooner

Established Member
What do you think of the red print? It was a bit odd at first but I quite like it now, gives it a fresh, new feel while keeping in line with tradition, I have no problem with change and modern designs being introduced on football kits, provided the changes are minor and are classy, not flashy.

James

Established Member
Yeah, it's still in keeping with the colours and tradition of the club so not a problem at all. Don't think it looks too bad really.

RC8

Established Member
Clarkey said:
Saw the new away kit in the flesh at work and must say it's as gorgeous as the poster whom already has it (sorry for the short memory, but am sure it was RC8) has already said it is. I'm tempted to go for Rocastle on mine.

Yes, that would be me.

It's really nice, isn't it?

I can't believe how lucky I was to get it that early! I really hope we win something in it so that it can become one of those great looking historical kits that will be remembered for years to come.

GaelForce22

Established Member
I'm getting the name of the back tomorrow before the Emirates cup.
Clichy 22 seems like the best choice. A great player, loyal, a leader and he replaced the biggest **** in Arsenal's history.

Anyone else got a name on the back yet?

Jinn

Established Member
Anybody seen <a class="postlink" href="http://www.becomelegends.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.becomelegends.com</a> ?

Some nice videos there.

AFCG7

Established Member
I think most fans will put Rocky's name on the back of their away shirt. Fitting tribute to the man.. i'll put his name and number on mine as well.

James

Established Member
Just got mine. Sports Direct didn't even have them out. Shoddy work, or am i that keen?

As for the shirt, i think it's possibly the best we've had with Nike. Love it.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Isd it overkill to get this shirt with Rocastle on the back if you've already got the 2006 shirt with his name on it?

Nice touch by Arsenal to print up a load of these shirts with the 89 team names on them.

James

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Isd it overkill to get this shirt with Rocastle on the back if you've already got the 2006 shirt with his name on it?
When it comes to Rocky, never.

longrufus

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
What did you guys think of the home kit?
Absolutely hate it, I was willing to give it a chance but after watching a few games with us in it I cant stand it, the non white sleeves just make it so un-arsenal.

The away shirt is great, why couldnt they have kept that style for the home kit?

tam1886

Established Member
I'm going to get the away one and I've been thinking of geting a name on it. Obviously I know the history of it all, but I think I might feel a bit of a fraud wearing the top and having not actually seen the game live. I don't know. I'd defintely feel like that wearing a Rocastle top having never seen the man play, but I was thinking maybe of getting Thomas, since it's my name. Haven't had a name on a jersey since Wright.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I like the back view of our home kit with the jersey number and names.

If i was to buy one, it would be with walcott 14 or nasri 8. the home kit took some time to get used to but i think its quite decent

atmosphere

If you're thinking about buying the new kit and you haven't yet, don't.

Go here instead: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=cm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=cm</a> ... FF_ID=303#

Register using the link halfway down on the right and place a £40 bet for Arsenal to win the league. You get a free Arsenal shirt for doing so.

You're essentially buying the shirt for what it costs, with the added bonus of getting £200 if we win the league.

Everyone's a winner.

Apologies if this a repost BTW.

Swish

Established Member
tam1886 said:
I'm going to get the away one and I've been thinking of geting a name on it. Obviously I know the history of it all, but I think I might feel a bit of a fraud wearing the top and having not actually seen the game live. I don't know. I'd defintely feel like that wearing a Rocastle top having never seen the man play, but I was thinking maybe of getting Thomas, since it's my name. Haven't had a name on a jersey since Wright.
Thomas would be an ideal name to have on that shirt. Your surname is just a coincidental event.

entropy13

Established Member
I've got my Arsenal home kit a few days before, had Fabregas 4 at the back. I can safely assume I'm the only one, if not one of the very few, to have the home kit here in my country. :D

Top Bottom