• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2008-the year of suffering (not for the faint hearted)

DOUBLE-YOU

you know what's bad...i've just seen a sky football trail and we aren't in that. they showed liverpool manure chelsea and villa. lol

jay-d

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I was watching the video Klaus was referring to, than I came across this.

[edited]

We should hire him as a coach after he retires. 8))

No Arsenal clips on the forums

JazzG

Damn you.

Pires and Henry, that 1-2, that celebration( no matter how French and camp it was ) :cry: :cry: :cry:

That was Wengerball. what has happenend to the man???

regele

Established Member
oasis_gooner said:
Last time United won the league before 2007 was in 2003.
It's three years, we won it the first year, then chelski 2 times.

outlaw_member said:
I was watching the video Klaus was referring to, than I came across this.

[edited]

We should hire him as a coach after he retires. 8))

No Arsenal clips on the forums

JazzG
I'd love to have him back at the club one day, besides the emotional connection he comes across as very knowledgeable when talking/writing about football.

progman07

Established Member
Best moment: Theo's assist. I was going mental. He really is a big game player.

Worst moment: apart from the obvious (birmingham), losing to Sp**s, and the penalty just after our goal at Liverpool.

TomasCR

Established Member
Best moment: Fabregas´ goal vs Milan, I couldn´t sleep that night.
Runner up: Theo´s creazy run, it was everywhere at thime, but what came after overchanged it all, what a shame.

Worst moment: Birmingham and all the stuff around.
Runner up: Kamikaze asking me how old I´m.
Second: What was happening during the summer.
Third: The Spur*s game at Emirates (4:4). That was the second game when you could see a tear in my eyes. The first one was Turkey:Czech R.
Fourth: The whole Rosicky saga and a fact he is probably not going to play anymore.
Fifth: Should I continue?

True Gooner

Established Member
Best moment: Fabregas scoring vs Milan
Runner up: Walcott's run vs Liverbore. Magic.

Worst moment: Clichy giving away a penalty against Birmingham. That was the worst game I've ever seen - it hurt so bad, especially seeing Eduardo taken off like that and add the fact that we were 2-1 up but we couldnt see the game out. I'd take being trashed 5-1 by Tottenham (in the Carling Cup of course) any time.
Runner up: Liverpool scoring from their penalty in the 4-2 game.
Second Runner up: 4-4 vs Sp**s. (And then seeing Bentleys smug face on telly)

GaelForce22

Established Member
The best moments of the year:
Theo's run against Liverpool.
Cesc's 30 yarder at the San Siro.
Beating Blackburn at home. After this one we were five points clear, Adebayor, Fabregas, Hleb and Flamini were at their peaks and there was no reason why we wouldn't win the league.
Holding on against United at the Emirates - after the embarrassment of the Sp**s game we all feared the worst but the lads stayed strong for 7(seven!) minutes of injury time.
Robin's winner at the Bridge.

No reason to dwell on the negatives all the time.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Remember how good Eduardo was? We had been missing this poacher/striker who could get through any parked bus.

There were Eddies goals that really gave me a massive boost of confidence ... against Everton 4-1 with the coolest composure in front of goal, then 1-2 with a great runaround the defender (finally as I said someone who gets past the parked bus), Man City and that wonder scissorkick ... then Brum.

That had to be the turning point. The press never give us the credit of how harsh that was on our season, I suppose teams are not supposed to collectively fall apart like that, but ... well, we are Arsenal.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
Best: Winning in Milan
Theo's run
Beating Utd and Chelsea this season despite the odds

Worst: Birmingham
30 seconds after Theo's run
Losses in Carling and FA Cups
The whole summer

marco

Very interesting view i heard the other day about when and why it all went wrong!!!

when- was the shef utd carling cup game..when we are winning 6-0 and all the first team players are in the crowd applauding fantastically like its their kids music concert or something...not like a " oh **** this guys are good i might need to make sure i keep my place" + from that moment things have gone wrong.

yet these young players are only 2-3 younger that the current bunch of no hopers..
yet the current bunch dont seem in the slightest bit worried about it!!

very strange behaviour!!you'd think ade and denilson. eboue. diaby would be bricking it about losing there place to ramsey/vela etc but there seems to be no chance of that happenign whatsoever!!

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
It might be an interesting view, but it still adds up to b/s. Talk about overly fanciful hypothesising. There are perhaps some valid issues concerning competition in our squad, but that particular take on things is laughable.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
2008 is just full of Coulda-shoulda-woulda as far as im concerned. The "nearly lads", the "so-close-but-so-far" team. It started brightly, and then came crashing down before our very eyes, some not our teams fault, so it is.

Thing might have been different, if Rosicky wasnt injured, or Flamini stayed, or if Wenger signed replacements, but he didnt and we are where we are.

The highs inc Milan, Theo's goal, finishing alot closer to the winners then anyone had anticipated.

Illusion

Established Member
I know it doesn't quite fit in but while looking at the Adebayor Dancing/Singing clips I stumbled upon this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5yXLnDEsqWI&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5yXLnDEsqWI&NR=1</a>

What a legend that man is!

Zico

Established Member
Brilliant guy. I just hope that in a few years time guys like Diaby, Denilson and Walcott can give us fond memories. I would hate to live in the past of players like Henry, Overmars, Bergkamp and Wright forever. Can't be healthy. You don't want to become like those Leeds or, to an extent, Liverpool fans always talking about the past.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom