• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2009 - what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wenger14

Established Member
:lol:

I'd bring in two midfielders to replace Hleb and Flamini, then a cb to partner Gallas/Toure.

Promote Fabianski as first choice and give Vela lots of game time.

JazzG

Established Member
GK
CB
CM
AM

Those four positions need to be strengthened as a matter of urgency and need to be four players of the very highest quality. You can quote me on this but we won't bring anyone in this January and I doubt even the summer.

asajoseph

Established Member
If we look like we might miss 4th, Wenger will panic-buy, I'm convinced of it.

Whether or not he'll change his approach the following summer, as he still needs to, is another matter altogether.

thegame24

Established Member
JazzG said:
GK
CB
CM
AM

Those four positions need to be strengthened as a matter of urgency and need to be four players of the very highest quality. You can quote me on this but we won't bring anyone in this January and I doubt even the summer.

Its that simple, though the AM should be able to play wing too.

EDIT: get a winger and an AM then get rid of rosicky.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
There are plenty of things I would do.
I doesn't mean any is good.
First I'd make another North bank at Emirates. Exchange seating arrangements so that fans that want to sing can stand up and sing without being stopped, I'd also delete few silly rules, starting with no flag rule. I'd help those fans organize if needed. Proper home support is crucial, too often we have a bloddy theatre audience at AG.
Keeping every single player on this list is maybe no1 priority: Fabianski, Clichy, Djourou, Sagna, Wilshere, Diaby, Ramsey, Fabregas, Walcott, Nasri, van Persie, Eduardo, Vela.
I'd sell players that are definitely not good enough: Eboue, Bendtner, Denilson. Senderos will go in summer also.
I'd see if Gallas really deserves to have armband and when I decide he doesn't, I'd give it Clichy most likely. I'd see what to do with Rosicky's injuries will he ever be firt again, and then react that way, there is no time to delay that decision anymore.
I'd buy one proper DM for Jan, hopefully a name also, like de Rossi. Some that we need. I'd buy one more mf, Defour, Kranjcar, Diego, whoever, apperenly we have enough for two transfers, especially after we sell.
I'd give JD chance, also Rambo, Jack and Vela, in reasonable amount and in matches that are for that.
I'd see what to do with GKs for next season and get a new GK is needed (Hennessey).
Eduardo's recovery and buying somebody like de Rossi and Defour, or Matuidi and Diego might have incredible impact on the team in every imaginable way.
I'd shut up Gallas once and for all, he has to speak to manager if he doesn't like something, he isn't spoiled 11y.o. girl. There are players for free next Summer, and guy like Metzelder can always come here instead of Willy.
In CL we can get English team in quarterfinal and CL is a roulette anyway. Winning triophy this season is important but not likely IMO. Players I'd buy would not be able to play in CL.
My goal now would be finish in CL place and build finally winning team for next season.
In Summer I'd consider what to do with Adebayor, and see on other available strikers, like KJH.
For a while I think AW's assistants are not good enough, I might be wrong, but I have a feeling he is pretty much alone, correct me if I'm wrong.
In short that's it, from my point of view.

Captain

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
Dula
Clockwork---Sabre---truegooner---thegame

Asa--USArsenal---kel--captain--jonnychong

famous

Feckin' dynamite...experience, flair and spirit.

:lol: :lol:

who is providing what?

as to the main topic; wenger should look to do what he should have done in the summer, namely make additions to the midfield. We needed an extra winger and a central midfielder from the start of last year and January respectively. Signing just Nasri didn't cut it but I believe that Wenger knew that and the quality just wasn't available at the time.

thegame24

Established Member
Captain said:
famous no 10 said:
Dula

famous

:lol: :lol:

who is providing what?

as to the main topic; wenger should look to do what he should have done in the summer, namely make additions to the midfield. We needed an extra winger and a central midfielder from the start of last year and January respectively. Signing just Nasri didn't cut it but I believe that Wenger knew that and the quality just wasn't available at the time.

Biggus is our manager lol.

Oi why am i left back, youd think with my almunia hatred id be in goal.

JazzG

Established Member
thegame24 said:
JazzG said:
GK
CB
CM
AM

Its that simple, though the AM should be able to play wing too.

EDIT: get a winger and an AM then get rid of rosicky.

Should of made it more clear but the AM should be someone who can play out wide, doesn't have to be an out and out winger but obviously someone who can provide creativity and spark and actually track back and do some ****ing defending, take note Samir Nasri and Theo Walcott.

oasis_gooner

JazzG said:
GK
CB
CM
AM

You're looking in the region of 30-40 million pounds to get those 4 players for the designated positions. Highly improbable given the current economic climate and Wenger's frugal spending. At best, Wenger may get a midfielder next summer.

Captain

Established Member
two midfielders and some tough decisions is all the squad needs.

Perhaps a goalkeeper too but that is unlikely; the quality just isn't there, especially in a january window.

thegame24

Established Member
oasis_gooner said:
JazzG said:
GK
CB
CM
AM

You're looking in the region of 30-40 million pounds to get those 4 players for the designated positions. Highly improbable given the current economic climate and Wenger's frugal spending. At best, Wenger may get a midfielder next summer.

Need more than 30-40 million mate,

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
famous no 10 said:
Dula

famous

hmmm... i can see it

oasis_gooner

thegame24 said:
oasis_gooner said:
JazzG said:
GK
CB
CM
AM

Need more than 30-40 million mate,

Was sub consciously relying on Wenger's midas touch in the transfer market while quoting that figure.

thegame24

Established Member
I dunno if youve seen my posts but im not exactly expecting arsenal to do anything in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom