• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2010 Fifa World Cup

James

Established Member
Demo is up on Xbox Live. It is absolutely stunning. Depending on the online features, i'll be buying this.

jerome2158

Established Member
Loved the demo. Shame the 2 available teams to play as are teams i hate, but I suppose I'll get by til the 27th. The detail on the managers is incredible, and i love seeing the fans also.

Looks like it should be a great game, and I think its worth the money to buy the 1 world cup game every 4 years.

Rorz

Established Member
This has got some really good reviews.... but I won't be buying it. Full price for a game based on one tournament, seems a bit steep. I'll just wait for an improved FIFA 11!

nazo

Established Member
I played a few matches and it feels good. They could use some improvements here and there (it feels light) but overall it's a good game.

jerome2158

Established Member
Rorz said:
This has got some really good reviews.... but I won't be buying it. Full price for a game based on one tournament, seems a bit steep. I'll just wait for an improved FIFA 11!

yea, that's what I was thinking at first...but then I realized that well, they only make 2 fifa games a year once every 4 years, so I could scrap up the extra money to buy it. And it's always fun to take a team like jamaica or someone through qualifying, and somehow win the cup with them.

thegame24

Established Member
I switched to fifa after not having a footy game all year, it sucks donkey balls.

Its got nothing on classic pro, hopefully that will be good again next year.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
Rorz said:

yea, that's what I was thinking at first...but then I realized that well, they only make 2 fifa games a year once every 4 years, so I could scrap up the extra money to buy it. And it's always fun to take a team like jamaica or someone through qualifying, and somehow win the cup with them.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eagames.co.uk/game/uefa-euro-2008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eagames.co.uk/game/uefa-euro-2008</a>

qs

Established Member
Its too similar to Feefs, not bothered. Gonna keep my money for Skate 3 and Red Dead Redemption.

James

Established Member
I'm going to trade in the likes of Madden and Tiger Woods 10, get a bit off it. I'll probably end up just sticking with Feef, but i love to feed the EA Sports cash cow.

Rorz

Established Member
qs said:
Its too similar to Feefs, not bothered. Gonna keep my money for Skate 3 and Red Dead Redemption.

Can't wait for Red Dead.

I'm putting off trying the FIFA WC 2010 demo, in fear that it's too good and puts me off playing FIFA 10!

Freagle

Well, I hesitated like most in here whether to actually go for the game or not. Eventually, I reached a conclusion that Fifa have only been at the top of footy games for a couple of years and they would not send out a poor 'second' Fifa.

Pros:

*The live a story thing added is an absolute peach. I loved it and it is a very very good bonus. You actually can live through moments from the world cup qualifiers or finals and see if you can change the result with limited time. Some matches you have over 60+ to overturn the result and others only 3 minutes.

*The online feature for Fifa World Cup is much improved, this time you can play in a group stage which makes it even more thrilling. Not to mention actually playing for your country and see which heights you can reach.

*Gameplay is faster, smoother and they have added a couple of flicks and passes that look out of the world. Shooting has improved as not every curled shot will be on target, you have to actually point to the right direction if you want it to be on target.

*It isn't boring and the same as Fifa 10 as most people say. It's like a new game, they really did work hard on this edition and I couldn't be happy that I bought it.

*You can actually captain your country just as an example, take Walcott (poor example I know) and actually challenge other players for the captaincy.

Cons:

*I'm not sure about this but as far as I know, you can't edit the National teams.

There isn't much I can think of really...

To sum it all up, despite me hating all the National teams and any competitions they enter, it has really got someone like me pumped up for the big occasion.

Gonner_88

Established Member
Fifa World Cup 2010 is a brilliant game. I love the detail on the managers, fans, and stadiums. It also got me pumped up and excited about the coming world cup this summer.

The gameplay is a bit similar to Fiafa 10's but the celebrations are cool and I think EA should be proud of themselves for making such a good game.

I have only played the demo but will hopefully buy the real thing before the end of the month.

Plus it's got my man Knaan's tune on it as well. He's from my homeland a.k.a land of the pirates (SOMALIA) ;)

James

Established Member
Just started the online world cup feature.

Played:2
People Quitting on Me: 2

:lol:

It's good, but i think a lack of "clubs" version will see me soon switch back to Fifa 10.

otfgoon

Established Member
haha, I pressed some random buttons after scoring online and the player does the Denilson celebration, the one from the Everton game where he shakes his head :lol:

Game worth it for that alone.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom