• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2019/20 Season Review

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Tierney is just popular but if we're being honest Ceballos was the signing of the season. Tierney was injured all season, would he have even played if it wasn't for the covid break?

I'd say Tierney is arguable the 4th best signing of the window behind Ceballos and Luiz. But I do think he edges out Martinelli so he's 3rd, but it's a toss up between the 2.
Ceballos had one good game until about July. Luiz as signing of the season makes even less sense than KT?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I do feel like Martinelli is slept on a bit due to his absence. This forum was on his nuts before the covid break it is such a shame he has missed post lockdown completely.

That Chelsea goal despite all the luck that came with it was mental.

Tierney does feel like a bit of a popularity contest, he really doesn't have to do as much and its gonna be that way for him until the day he leaves. Just shows how bad our signings have been if he comes in, doesn't make too many mistakes and people claim hes better than Robertson.

say yes

forum master baiter
Player of The Season: Aubameyang
Young Player of The Season: Saka
Goal of The Season:

Signing of The Season: Tierney / Martinelli
Most Improved: Martinez
Biggest Disappointment (player): Guendouzi / Özil
Lowest Point of The Season: The wifebeaters abusing Xhaka
Best Team Performance: City in the cup
Best Individual Performance: Xhaka or Luiz against City in the cup
Favourite Moment:
EeXPwpmXsAQl6By

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Ceballos had one good game until about July. Luiz as signing of the season makes even less sense than KT?

Ceballos was pretty invisible a lot of games this season but he had a lot of good performances and was probably our best midfielder. Let’s not forget his FA Cups goals to help us win.

Luiz has had some lows but he’s pretty consistent if you look at it overall. Pepe is above Tierney as well.

Tierney was injured pretty much all of last season and had some good games on the covid return. But his performances get overhyped because people like him (popularity), Tierney has only had half the appearances of the other signings so I can’t say he was signing of the season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Player of The Season: Auba
Young Player of The Season: Saka
Goal of The Season: Something special about Auba nutmegging Ederson to put us into the final, I was sure he'd held onto the ball too long but the man is ice cold. Confirmed we were actually going to beat man city
Signing of The Season: Tierney but shoutout Ceballos for being the first half decent CM we've brought in since Xhaka
Biggest Disappointment (player): Özil, guy got to have two fresh starts and disappointed both managers. Indefensible.
Lowest Point of The Season: Auba's miss in the final seconds against Olympiacos didn't feel like real life
Best Team Performance: FA cup Man City
Favourite Moment: Arteta starting off what I hope will be a stellar career by getting the type of story book moment that Arsenal just don't seem to get: A trophy in his first season.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Player of The Season: Auba
Young Player of The Season: Saka/AMN
Goal of The Season: Aubas first against city, love a team goal.
Signing of The Season: Martinelli probably
Biggest Disappointment (player): 100% lacazette. He’s hardly helped us this season
Lowest Point of The Season: There are loads, the 3-0 defeat to city before arteta took over, the Chelsea defeat, getting dumped out the Europa
Best Team Performance: Manc facup game
Favourite Moment: Obviously the fa cup, I’ve not enjoyed any part of the season bar those last 2 games

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Player of The Season: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Young Player of The Season: Bukayo Saka
Goal of The Season: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang vs. Chelsea
Signing of The Season: Kieran Tierney
Most Improved: Emi Martinez
Biggest Disappointment (player): Alexandre Lacazette
Lowest Point of The Season: Olympiakos
Best Team Performance: 2-0 vs Manchester City
Best Individual Performance: Pierre-Emerick Aubamyang vs. Chelsea
Favourite Moment: Auba's winner in the Final

Reactions: A_G

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Goal of The Season: Lacazette v Sp**s
Signing of The Season:
Kieran Tierney
Most Improved: Xhaka
Biggest Disappointment (player): Bellerin
Lowest Point of The Season: Run of games leading to Emerys sacking and Olympiakos
Best Team Performance: Man Utd
Best Individual Performance: Tierney v Salah
Favourite Moment: FA cup final

I opted for Xhaka simply because his performances improved considerably and factoring in the fact he should have been sold. It was tight between him and Ceballos. I never went for Martinez because he didnt improve as such he just came in and took his chance.

Bellerin biggest disappointment. I really thought getting him and Tierney into the team would give us two rampant full backs. Always next season for Bellerin.

Lowest point was close. The run of results leading to Emerys dismissal was very low. It was inevitable and we kept going with him. Olympiakos as well as we should still be in Europe looking to win the EL.

Man Utd team performance was great offensively and defensively.

Tierney man marked Salah out of the game. Astute defensive performance that day.

FA cup final. Going behind early and turning it around and winning comfortably. It was a lovely reward for an up and down season.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Tierney does feel like a bit of a popularity contest, he really doesn't have to do as much

I really like Tierney. Think he will become a vital player for us. So much more to come from him as well. But the bolded part was clear to see on the Match day thread vs Villa. He came on as a sub and after a few minutes so much praise was being sent his way. "Tierney done more in 2 minutes than any player in an hour", Tierney's decision making is supurb" etc. If I wasn't watching the game I would have thought he was ripping them to shreds. In reality, literally all he done up to that point was run the ball out of play. It was staggering the disparity between what he was doing and what people were seeing.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I really like Tierney. Think he will become a vital player for us. So much more to come from him as well. But the bolded part was clear to see on the Match day thread vs Villa. He came on as a sub and after a few minutes so much praise was being sent his way. "Tierney done more in 2 minutes than any player in an hour", Tierney's decision making is supurb" etc. If I wasn't watching the game I would have thought he was ripping them to shreds. In reality, literally all he done up to that point was run the ball out of play. It was staggering the disparity between what he was doing and what people were seeing.

Tierney might end up being the Ramsey of this generation. Although Ramsey had a lot of critics, he had some really ravenous fans who overhyped all of his contributions.

GunnerShy

Goal of The Season: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang vs. Chelsea
Signing of The Season: Martinelli
Biggest Disappointment (player): Guendouzi
Lowest Point of The Season: Crystal Palace at home. Between the fans booing Xhaka off and VAR overruling first the Zaha decision then outrageously the winner due to a Chambers "foul" I've never left a match feeling so low.
Best Team Performance: 2-0 vs Manchester City
Best Individual Performance: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang vs. Chelsea
Favourite Moment: For what it meant to now it was the FA cup winner. But the Martinelli equaliser at the **** was special. If he stays fit and healthy he will be another Suarez.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Tierney might end up being the Ramsey of this generation. Although Ramsey had a lot of critics, he had some really ravenous fans who overhyped all of his contributions.
Was never as unanimous as Tierney.

Ramsey’s technique and understanding of the really intricate parts of the game was a bit suspect, so he’s pretty much had his detractors during his entire Arsenal career.

I moan about Tierney a lot cause my favourite players tend to get dumped on - but on reflection I should probably embrace that there is atleast 1 player that gets unconditional support.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Was never as unanimous as Tierney.

Ramsey’s technique and understanding of the really intricate parts of the game was a bit suspect, so he’s pretty much had his detractors during his entire Arsenal career.

I moan about Tierney a lot cause my favourite players tend to get dumped on - but on reflection I should probably embrace that there is atleast 1 player that gets unconditional support.
Ramsey's overall game really was quite poor, ended up as a maraduaring goal scoring midfielder but when the goals wern't there then he didn't contribute much. He never would have hit the heights of some of our more technically gifted players but I think without the injuries he would have been a much more well rounded player.

I suppose this is neither the time or the place though.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Ramsey's overall game really was quite poor, ended up as a maraduaring goal scoring midfielder but when the goals wern't there then he didn't contribute much. He never would have hit the heights of some of our more technically gifted players but I think without the injuries he would have been a much more well rounded player.

I suppose this is neither the time or the place though.
What Ramsey had was endless running, drive and boldness. The injury robbed us and him of a crucial period of development, but he had heart. Sometimes in football, that can take you a long long way.

Let's play Aubamawang

Goal of The Season: Pepe 2nd free kick Vs Vitoria
Biggest Disappointment (player): Mesut Özil
Lowest Point of The Season: Guendouzi going off the boil
Best Team Performance: 2-1 Vs Liverpool
Best Individual Performance: Martinez Vs Liverpool (H)
Favourite Moment: Nelson's winner finally ending our long run of failure and embarrassment against Liverpool.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Here are some categories to look back on...

Goal of The Season: Joe Willock vs Liverpool
Biggest Disappointment (player): Alexandre Lacazette
Lowest Point of The Season: Xhaka vs Emirates crowd
Best Team Performance: 2-0 vs Manchester Utd (H)
Best Individual Performance: Maitland-Niles vs Manchester Utd (H)
Favourite Moment: Auba's winner in the Final
Mine all the same apart from best individual performance which has to be Auba in the final. Impossible for me to look past those two moments. Probably the best high-pressure deliverance since Micky T in 89’. Absolutely clucking to put Özil as the biggest disappointment but it wouldn’t be fair... I guess.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Mine all the same apart from best individual performance which has to be Auba in the final. Impossible for me to look past those two moments. Probably the best high-pressure deliverance since Micky T in 89’. Absolutely clucking to put Özil as the biggest disappointment but it wouldn’t be fair... I guess.
Surprised Xhaka v Palace was a low point for you, thought you'd enjoy it tbh.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom