2019 FIFA Women's World Cup

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by carlito'sway, Jun 7, 2019.

1. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

No thread on the WWC19 in France? Enjoyed the opening today. The French team looks really good.

krengon likes this.
  2. LoneGunner83

LoneGunner83 Active Member

Germany, very fortunate to win. China could have scored any amount in the first half, but for poor finishing. Disappointed in some of the German big hitters, Dabritz was ineffective.

Goes without saying, looking forward to Miedema and the Dutch.

3. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Was quite proud of our women tonight, didnt expect us to stay in the game for as long as we did in the end.

Spain are an excellent side, move the ball beautifully and should go far in the competition.

carlito'sway and krackpot like this.
  4. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

very unfortunate to lose.

there was a big gulf in quality, but SA had a very good counter opportunities, and should have scored a few more at 0:1.

SA Gunner likes this.
  5. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Looking forward to watch a few games.. Shame about the Ada Hegerberg situation, a world cup without the best player in the world is missing something.

6. carlito'sway

Brazil-Jamaica pretty entertaining so far..... Good goalkeeping on both sides.

7. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

The England Scotland game was pretty decent. Nikita Parris is a player. England did very well and should have scored more in the first half. I don't think football is coming home after that second half performance though.

8. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Our new signing Roord just scored the winner for The Netherlands in extra time.

lamby22 likes this.
  9. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

Football can be so disappointing at times, NZ put in such a good effort to hold Netherlands out until extra time, same thing happened to Australia against Italy. Just not meant to happen for Australia & NZ I suppose.

carlito'sway likes this.
  10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

what a save :eek:

11. NieThePiet

10:0 for the United States after 80 minutes.

Think Alex Morgan is already Top Goalscorer of the tournament, lol.

12. NieThePiet

12, 5 goals from Morgan.

She is on an another Level in women football.

13. carter777

carter777 Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

13-0. I get San Marino etc get tonked every once in a while but 13-0 at a World Cup

14. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Battering the Thai women is a bit much from the USA I thought, then again I contemplated doing the same in Bangkok a year ago when one of them whipped out their 9 inch cock after I had already paid.

krengon, PoleInGoal, Keplaz and 4 others like this.
  15. carter777

carter777 Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

This will probably sound terribly sexist but can't they play with smaller goals? Some of the women keepers are tiny.

Garrincha likes this.
  16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Protector of RonaldoMadness

Too much nonce info man.

carlito'sway likes this.
  17. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

i hope you weren't wearing your white trousers.

18. carlito'sway

I found the US team celebrations, especially after the 7th ot 8th goal totally over the top and classless. They could have shown more restraint and humility. Totally uncalled for.

krengon likes this.
  19. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Seen a few discussions where smaller pitch also suggested to improve the pace of the game. Pretty big examples in the Olympics, tennis, boxing etc where tweaks work well.

20. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

With 48 teams from now, we might see a few really embarrassing results in world cups going forward.