• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2019 FIFA Women's World Cup

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
We are leading China at HT. I must admit i really enjoy women playing because they play with freedom, just to enjoy themselves.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
They are really messing up with VAR in this tournament, a real shame..

Norway-England and France-USA will be interesting.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As a Norwegian I've been following the Women's game for many years. We've had competitive sides, but in my opinion the quality of the game has improved considerably since the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

Top players like Ada Hegerberg are real athletes. Norway vs Australia was an interesting game, granted I had a stake in the game, but I think even for a neutral there was enough drama to make it worth watching.

Unlike other sports, there is a chasm between the men and the women in football. I don't think that chasm will ever be closed, but that should not stop FIFA from supporting Women's football.

In Norway top female athletes that are young tend to choose cross country skiiing, rather than football. Granted that is due to choosing something that amounts more to a fervent religion than a sport here....

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

In Norway top female athletes that are young tend to choose cross country skiiing, rather than football. Granted that is due to choosing something that amounts more to a fervent religion than a sport here....

I mean, that's the only sport your'e not terrible at to be fair. :p

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Looking forward to tonight's game but the likes of the BBC are really going insane trying to create an interest and equivalence with the man's game which isn't, and probably never will be, there.

People who are into PCness should stick to politics and leave sport to those who love sport.

Gunner-Union

Looking forward to tonight's game but the likes of the BBC are really going insane trying to create an interest and equivalence with the man's game which isn't, and probably never will be, there.

People who are into PCness should stick to politics and leave sport to those who love sport.

In the USA You actually has sports people ( not football experts )who suggested after the men failed to qualify for the World Cup that the women could prob beat them and they were not joking despite women’s football being par with top high school teams.
Enjoying the women’s World Cup so far and I expect England to win today but should be a good game

Manberg

Predator

Gender equality is not about being politically correct it’s being morally correct. We should all strive for good morals.
I’m enjoying this world cup.

Gunner-Union

It wouldn’t be a level playing field. Testosterone gives males a physical edge over females.

But if u want true equality then thats what You have to do you can’t pick and choose. I get women can not compete with men women’s teams lose to youth teams etc but they can’t expect the same money etc when interest is not there and when the level is of top high school.
As it is enjoying the women winning atm

Manberg

Predator
But if u want true equality then thats what You have to do you can’t pick and choose. I get women can not compete with men women’s teams lose to youth teams etc but they can’t expect the same money etc when interest is not there and when the level is of top high school.
As it is enjoying the women winning atm

People can learn to take an interest in women’s football. These women love football and take great pride in playing. There’s much to be admired.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Gender equality is not about being politically correct it’s being morally correct. We should all strive for good morals.
I’m enjoying this world cup.
Gender equality is about not discriminating against either gender or against individuals. To say everything men and women do is of equal value and interest is simply a fiction. I am enjoying tonight's game but none of these players would be able to play in Division Two in England, let alone the higher leagues.

Gunner-Union

Gender equality is about not discriminating against either gender or against individuals. To say everything men and women do is of equal value and interest is simply a fiction. I am enjoying tonight's game but none of these players would be able to play in Division Two in England, let alone the higher leagues.

They get beat by youth teams and they wouldn’t beat college teams or semi pro teams. Ive learned to look at it as a separate sport but when some demand equal pay when they don’t do the same job it Gets annoying

Manberg

Predator

I can’t agree with your view. To deny the opportunity for women’s football to be as popular as men’s football on your view that women are not as good as men, in my opinion goes against the principles of gender equality. Both men and women’s football can and should be appreciated equally without direct comparison.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
They get beat by youth teams and they wouldn’t beat college teams or semi pro teams. Ive learned to look at it as a separate sport but when some demand equal pay when they don’t do the same job it Gets annoying
That is more or less my point. Female models earn more than male models, male footballers earn more than their female equivalents. This is market forces, no morality involved.

As the women's game becomes more popular the level will improve and there might be more interest but at the moment it isn't there which is why the BBC having like three top headlines on the world cup when most football fans are really more interested in the transfer window is manipulative.

Gunner-Union

It won’t be as pop and never will as it’s an inferior product if given the choice most people would choose to pay for a men’s game even non league as it’s a higher standard. Don’t get me wrong I’m enjoying the World Cup but if there’s men on I turn over.
Equal pay for men and women is correct but only for doing the same job which in football they do not.

Just enjoy it for what it is

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I can’t agree with your view. To deny the opportunity for women’s football to be as popular as men’s football on your view that women are not as good as men, in my opinion goes against the principles of gender equality. Both men and women’s football can and should be appreciated equally without direct comparison.
Women are not as good as men at football. Football money comes from public interest in football. This is why we want to be in the Champions League, because tv pays for big games at the top level.

I appreciate women can play a decent game of football but I will not accept tat it is as good technically or physically and because of this it is less interesting. The two genders are not equal what they need is to be given as far as possible equal opportunities. A Willie is not a vagina.

Manberg

Predator
Women are not as good as men at football. Football money comes from public interest in football. This is why we want to be in the Champions League, because tv pays for big games at the top level.

I appreciate women can play a decent game of football but I will not accept tat it is as good technically or physically and because of this it is less interesting. The two genders are not equal what they need is to be given as far as possible equal opportunities. A Willie is not a vagina.

Yet regardless of your view and maybe in part due to the BBC, women’s football is thriving. I think it’s best not to compare women’s to men’s football but to treat it as a different sport. There’s also the patriotic element of international competition and people will take an interest because of that too.
The athletes take great pride in the sport and they should be supported.

Top Bottom