<

2020 Transfer Deadline Day

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by HairSprayGooners, Oct 4, 2020.

?

How do you expect DD to go for Arsenal?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2020.
  1. We'll sign no one

49.1%
  2. We'll make a signing(s), but it won't be enough numbers or quality wise

44.4%
  3. We'll sign the player(s) we need

6.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

@yousif_arsenal took his med. licence over night and is currently sprinting to Madrid, i am being told

2. Kakao

Kakao Member

Wait what???? Why did we let Torreira got to Atletico then????? We will go into season with Xhaka, El Neny and Ceballos as only real midfielders?

3. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

At Arsenal, we don't put too much emphasis on medicals. Signed Kallstrom with a broken back for example. :lol:

4. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Went to bed around midnight and thought I'd be waking up with that new shiny thread - I can't believe this

5. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Even by our standards this is depressing.

Going into the season with Xhaka, Ceballos, Willock & El Nen is suicidal.

An injury to Xhaka or Ceballos and its curtains for this season.

Maybe we might see AMN there at some point

6. HomeSteak

HomeSteak Well-Known Member

So it was them or bust? We have no plan B? then why did we let Torreira go for 2 million? It makes no sense.

7. Anders Harbo

Anders Harbo Well-Known Member

Do you completely discard Arteta’s comments from Yesterday, that he feels confident about bringing players in?

8. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Here mate from the man himself:

Arsenal’s bid to strengthen in central midfield looks set to end in disappointment. Their hopes of signing Lyon’s Houssem Aouar were dashed over the weekend and, barring a dramatic late twist, the long-term pursuit of Thomas Partey from Atletico Madrid will go the same way. Interest in Jorginho is unlikely to progress because Chelsea are reluctant to strengthen a rival, while there is currently no expectation of alternative targets arriving at the Emirates Stadium before tonight’s deadline.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  9. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

Ornstein has spoken.
    • Arsenal’s bid to strengthen in central midfield looks set to end in disappointment. Their hopes of signing Lyon’s Houssem Aouar were dashed over the weekend and, barring a dramatic late twist, the long-term pursuit of Thomas Partey from Atletico Madrid will go the same way. Interest in Jorginho is unlikely to progress because Chelsea are reluctant to strengthen a rival, while there is currently no expectation of alternative targets arriving at the Emirates Stadium before tonight’s deadline. Arsenal are meanwhile attempting to shift players out of the club, with Lucas Torreira and Matteo Guendouzi heading out on loan and others potentially following.

SA Gunner and say yes like this.
  10. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

Please.
    Don't.
    Panic.
    Buy.

African Flair likes this.
  11. Wiltord's left boot

Wiltord's left boot Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain why we are letting Torreira go if we are not bringing anyone else In?

SA Gunner and Makingtrax like this.
  12. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

I like the sound of a dramatic late twist.

13. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

I am absolutely lost for words on what a disaster this window has been. We’re going into the new season with a weaker midfield than last year and now only have 3 players at CM, one of which passes like he’s playing rugby.

I’m fuming honestly. Edu should be sacked on the spot.

14. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Imagine going into the season with Xhaka, Ceballos, Elneny and Willock.
    We had the bottom of the barrel midfield last season and somehow managed to downgrade it further :lol:
    Finishing 8th would be a huge achievement.

15. balthazar

balthazar Well-Known Member

chance for ESR. Seen enough of the Nanny and Granny show. Where are my pills?

16. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

17. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Yes. Even if we do, it’ll be a panic buy for an inflated price at this stage.

El Duderino likes this.
  18. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

We made the part time Gunnersaurus guy redundant.

The guy missed his brothers wedding to attend a home game.

Look forward to Tim Stillman and Benge explaining the massive investment we've made via salaries necessitating that one!

19. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

Ornstein announcing no incomings and Gunnersaurus being made redundant on the same morning.

[​IMG]

El Duderino likes this.
  20. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

I mean we literally have 3 CMs right now if Torreira and Guendouzi leave. So surely we will bring at least one in..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.