• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

21/22 Season Review

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Season Review:

Not good enough on any front.

- Couldn’t make top 4 for the third time
- Knocked out of cups early
- Lokonga and Tavares sub par
- White not worth £50m, should have used Saliba
- Ramsdale good but crazy, still not sure
- Ødegaard the best of the transfers
- Auba and Pepe destroyed
- Defence went backward, same losses, more goals against
- Attack still struggling to score.
- Football still dull overall, form very up and down.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
It’s important to remember Laca had a very good spell for us. He was not under any circumstances a flop signing.

Yeah, if Laca counts as a flop signing then what exactly is Pepe?

I think Laca has been fine. Similar level to Giroud, just different strengths and weaknesses. Maybe the fee was a bit excessive for a side grade, but compared to the other transfers that window as someone pointed out in a different thread, he's done fine.

I probably would've spent the money differently, but you got exactly what you paid for, so it's nowhere near flop territory.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Season Review:

Not good enough on any front.

- Couldn’t make top 4 for the third time
- Knocked out of cups early
- Lokonga and Tavares sub par
- White not worth £50m, should have used Saliba
- Ramsdale good but crazy, still not sure
- Ødegaard the best of the transfers
- Auba and Pepe destroyed
- Defence went backward, same losses, more goals against
- Attack still struggling to score.
- Football still dull overall, form very up and down.
Sums it up nicely for me as well.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, if Laca counts as a flop signing then what exactly is Pepe?

I think Laca has been fine. Similar level to Giroud, just different strengths and weaknesses. Maybe the fee was a bit excessive for a side grade, but compared to the other transfers that window as someone pointed out in a different thread, he's done fine.

I probably would've spent the money differently, but you got exactly what you paid for, so it's nowhere near flop territory.

Pepe was/is an undeniable flop.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Player of The Season: Saka
Young Player of The Season: Saka
Goal of The Season: can't remember that many
Signing of The Season: Tomi despite injury
Most Improved: Nketiah
Biggest Disappointment (player): Laca
Lowest Point of The Season: Arteta's extension
Best Team Performance: Man City at home despite the loss
Best Individual Performance: Too few to recall
Favourite Moment: When the season ended

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Player of The Season: Saka
Young Player of The Season: Saka
Goal of The Season: can't remember that many
Signing of The Season: Tomi despite injury
Most Improved: Nketiah
Biggest Disappointment (player): Laca
Lowest Point of The Season: Arteta's extension
Best Team Performance: Man City at home despite the loss
Best Individual Performance: Too few to recall
Favourite Moment: When the season ended

Nketiah did end pretty strong, considering his early form. He scored some big goals for us, like against Chelsea and Leeds. He still has a long way to go to be reliable. But a good shout for most improved.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Nketiah did end pretty strong, considering his early form. He scored some big goals for us, like against Chelsea and Leeds. He still has a long way to go to be reliable. But a good shout for most improved
Was it genuine improvement or just a fleeting purple patch of form. Hoping the former but i think it’s a toss of the coin whether we are complaining about how ineffective Nketiah is as our back up striker.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Nketiah did end pretty strong, considering his early form. He scored some big goals for us, like against Chelsea and Leeds. He still has a long way to go to be reliable. But a good shout for most improved.
When he was only getting sub appearances, I had no hope of a goal. Then when he started, he had a very good contribution, got shots away and provided a threat. I'm not sure he's elite but he did well with the few hastily haven't minutes he received.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Losing 13 out of 38 league games and then choking 4th in that fashion can only ever be total ****e. You can’t dress it up. Can’t say I’d have cared of Mikel was sacked, but he was never going to be when 5th place was sealed, so all you can do is draw the positives and hope the squad build continues.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom