• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

3 years from now

famous no 10

Established Member
In 3 years time, once we've been in the new stadium, who do we think from the current squad will still be there? I can only think of 4 definates: Cole, Cesc, Reyes and hopefully, Henry. Toure,Clichy maybe, Then one or two as yet unproven players, RVP, Quincy, Flamini? Huge transition in the next 2 seasons, no wonder Wenger is investing in youth, it will take a lot of money to replace Bergkamp, Viera, 2 goalkeepers, Pires, Sol, Lauren, Freddie, Gilberto etc.
Scary.

awesomarsenal

yea our squad is aging, luckily e have young players like bently and lupoli...
it will take a lot of money to replace Bergkamp, Viera, 2 goalkeepers, Pires, Sol, Lauren, Freddie, Gilberto etc.
Scary.
we dont need to replace freedie. hes not that old

Mark

Established Member
I think (or hope) that there will be big changes in personal this summer. Bergkamp will sadly retire, Pires and Vieira just aren't having the same impact anymore so maybe they will move on, Campbell may leave which would be tragic, Lauren and Edu will leave too and of course both our goalkeepers should be shifted and replaced.

I still worry though that we simply don't have the money for adequate replacements. Especially as we let so many players go for free.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I don't think Henry would necessarily leave if Vieira went, i think he realises Vieira isn't doing the business (I think Vieira realises too).

Campbell still hasn't put pen to paper on that new contract yet either has he? Worrying.

efurze

Freddie should still be around. There's a good chance that Sol will still be good at 32 (although not if he keeps getting injured at this rate), Lauren would be good at 30 if Le Boss had the sense to keep him (which apparently he doesn't), and replacing Jens/Almunia with someone of equal merit will not be difficult. Paddy (of old, that is), Gilbert, and Pires will be the tough ones to replace. And I would say that RVP looks like a more solid prospect than Reyes does at this point; I can't believe Reyes cost 4 times as much.

Chicago

freddie, cesc, cole, toure, flamini(assuming the marseille thing blows over and I think it will), RVP, Lupoli, Senderos, Clichy, and probably hoyte(not that I like him, but a 3 year contract means we'll probably see him in 3 years)

edit: forgot reyes, basically everyone that will be under 27-28 in 3 years, Wenger rarely sells the players he picks up and he doesn't like old players.

A

Anonymous

3 years isnt long, i hope sol will still be with us then, along with kolo, cole, cesc, henry, persie, reyes, clichy. Doubt vieira will still be around, freddie i dont know, and gilberto im not sure about either. I dont think bobby or lauren will be here neither will the keepers. And also we all know bergy is leaving.
We have top youth coming in, but we still need a few more world class signings to go with them for us to really be able to keep up with chelsea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom