• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

3rd most valuable football team

KY

Established Member
another interesting fact is that chelsea is the only team in the top 18 and one of 2 in the top 20 working on a negative budget. How's that for proof that every single title was bought?

Lancelot

Established Member
All the numbers and valuations are beginning to sound less and less desirable if we can't transform that into an actual healthy transfer budget.

I bet they will only attract investors more than anything else.

*sigh*

Biggus

Established Member
All the numbers and valuations are beginning to sound less and less desirable if we can't transform that into an actual healthy trophy haul. :wink:

It might give the bead counters erections but it does very little for me.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interesting bit on Valencia. Come on Arsen, splash some cash and raid a few star players off the Mastalla side. :D

number_0

Established Member
3rd most valuable club, and still cant afford wages to current players!
Flamini has all the right to leave if we refuse to give him 55k

hujja

Established Member
KY said:
another interesting fact is that chelsea is the only team in the top 18 and one of 2 in the top 20 working on a negative budget. How's that for proof that every single title was bought?

They've got an operating loss of -$5 m. Basically what that shows is that the performance of their core activities (i. e. playing games and selling tickets) sucks.

Empty seats at the Fridge were telling signs.

belgianfan

Why can't we buy big? and teams like Sp**s can get modric for 20 mil...

Middlesbrough how much did they pay for alves?

KY

Established Member
Anyone can tell me how tottenham are able to splash 16.5 million pounds each on bent an modric, 10 million for berbatov, 8million for kaboul etc..etc? where is the money coming from? their stadium is smaller than highbury, their tickets should be cheaper than arsenals, they haven't been selling players much, at least at profits, i doubt their fan base extends beyond london, they don't have CL money and they haven't won much to speak of until this season. So where is the money coming from? Or are they doing a leeds united? How is it that they have so much more spending money in comparison to the amount always in Arsène's chest?

qs

Established Member
Their tickets are as expensive as ours from what I've heard off their fans. £70 for the Seville game.

JazzG

Established Member
Their tickets are as expensive as ours, they sell out every week, they have very good sponsorship deals(better than ours), they are owned by the Tavistock Group whose main Investor is the billionaire Joe Lewis and their player wages are much less than the big clubs. Financially they are in a very secure position. Their turnover is fairly high but their expenses are low.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
everyone did actually notice that these figures were taken after the 2006-07 season, right? next year's might look a bit different....

KY

Established Member
JazzG said:
Their tickets are as expensive as ours, they sell out every week, they have very good sponsorship deals(better than ours), they are owned by the Tavistock Group whose main Investor is the billionaire Joe Lewis and their player wages are much less than the big clubs. Financially they are in a very secure position. Their turnover is fairly high but their expenses are low.

Even if they sell out every week, their capacity is only at 36000. As for sponsorship, wasn't the deal with emirates one of the highest until recently (recently being after madrid, man utd, Bayern münich etc etc signed new sponsorship deals) and with the likes of berbatov, bent, keane, woodgate, and king, i would think their expenses would still be relatively high. So i guess the only argument that makes sense is that they have their own sugar daddy. what a load of ****. :D

tam1886

Established Member
You're right USArsenal. Same with the debate about how much was available for transfers in the Flamini thread last week. It's all based on last years figures, and I think this years figures are due to be released in the next month or two which may paint a new picture.

True Gooner

Established Member
Beat me to it, Moses.

We're the 3rd most valuable club and we havent won a trophy in 3 seasons....nice! 8))

lee1001

Established Member
None of thats liquid though. All assetts and holdings. Thats why we can barely afford a packet of cheese and onion crisps this summer.

I see United are linked to a $16.8M Right back. I see another big summer of spending for them.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If you get into CL semi two seasons in a row, you certainly have the luxury to spend big.

If me to choose between a FA Cup trophy and CL Semi, I'll choose the latter every time. Sad to say this as FA Cup is full of tradition, but that's the harsh reality.

JazzG

Established Member
KY said:
Even if they sell out every week, their capacity is only at 36000. As for sponsorship, wasn't the deal with emirates one of the highest until recently (recently being after madrid, man utd, Bayern münich etc etc signed new sponsorship deals) and with the likes of berbatov, bent, keane, woodgate, and king, i would think their expenses would still be relatively high. So i guess the only argument that makes sense is that they have their own sugar daddy. what a load of ****. :D

Our deal with Emirates is not worth as much as their deal with Mansion. Also despite us having a much larger stadium Sp**s don't have anywhere near as much debt so their interest costs per year are much less. I don't know what they pay their players but we have a huge wage bill compared to theirs, for me ours is a little to high considering the kind of players we have.

lee1001

Established Member
JazzG said:
KY said:

Our deal with Emirates is not worth as much as their deal with Mansion. Also despite us having a much larger stadium Sp**s don't have anywhere near as much debt so their interest costs per year are much less. I don't know what they pay their players but we have a huge wage bill compared to theirs, for me ours is a little to high considering the kind of players we have.

I wondered that too. Considering we have a team of young players and the likes of Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp, Campbell, Ljungberg have all gone in the last few years how do we have such a high wage bill? Its not as if we have a huge squad! Maybe thats it. We continously complain about the size of the squad when the reality is we can't afford a large squad and so we have to rely on young players making the jump which takes time.

Its pathetic really. Everyone around us is splashing the cash yet somehow we can't afford it despite our successes over Wenger's tenure. Does anyone know a member of the Arsenal Supporters Trust? Surely they must have gotten some answers from the board at one of the those fan meetings.

Top Bottom