• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

3rd or 4th this season?

manalicream

As I keep saying to my friends, history dictates that if you write Arsenal off they come back to haunt you. Even better, the same history dictates that it takes 50 years for each Chelsea side to win a Title...

trust me there is nothing to worry about. When the backs are against the wall, the true gooner spirit shines through. It will happen again this season mark my words!

kevlinefm

call me pessismistic, but I do believe Arsenal might end up at 3rd or 4th. However, if things really go our way in midseason, i would certainly believe we might be up for the title again. there are lots of permutations though to be champions. and hopefully all players are match fit for the rest of the season. it entirely depends on situation though.

chandraraj

well done guys. some of you guys have forgotten that you are talking about arsenal. not liverpool or everton. being optimistic is better than realistic. brazil doesn't win world cup every time. chelski is strong but not unbeaten. some teams gonna upset them with some nasty game plan. wait and see. :roll:

gunner_down_under

Got great hopes for Hleb, Cesc, Reyes and van Persie.....

however good Chelsea looks, I believe they're also really really lucky....and I reckon it's a matter of time before it runs out.....

only problem is their ****in defense....dont think I've seen any team with such a bunch of tightarses at the back!

Jinn

Established Member
A couple of injuries to a few of their players, and you never know what could happen. Sure they have tremendous depth, but they may have to trade that off for disgruntled players and a lack of consistency.

As for us, at least give Wenger and his team until Christmas time before assessing where our season is going. So what, we lost to Chelsea - it's hardly the end of the season, especially as Man Utd hasn't yet been really tested and Chelsea have been quite lucky in many of their games.

Being a realist doesn't mean extrapolating the worst case scenario and thinking that it is going to happen. Don't believe the media, don't write us off so easily. Being an Arsenal supporter means supporting the team, not expecting us to win or sign big players and then slagging off the manager when it doesn't happen. Support the team - the players, the manager.

qs

Established Member
To say we'd fnish as low as 4th is idiotic.

3rd maybe but I still doubt it. United are doing ok against teams wthout much quality but they wont win everything.

Chelsea look good when you read the results but on the picth they only looked good against Fulham. The pundis keep spouting the same old cliches about champions win when they dont play well etc but the truth behind that is Chesea are not playing well.

We may not be favourites and we have to face the fact we arent as strong as thos time last year but we are still up there and it will be tight. We'll also need some luck because if we suffer as many injuries as last season we'll be in trouble.

Feanor

Established Member
John Terry will break his leg, carvahlo broken ankle, Lampard back problem which will jeopardize his carreer. Chelsea are mocking football and the football goods with their money, it will come back to haunt them. :wink:

Chelsea are the freaking luckiest team right now and they have the aura we at the beginning of last season. Someone needs to beat them and the aura will be gone just like it was for us. We can't do anything about the way other teams play chelsea. Last season they didn't really use a rotation system but they will have to this and they'll have a mutiny and we all saw how well that worked for Raineri. Other teams have to believe they can beat chelsea go after them. I thought after the Wigan game that teams would no longer be afraid of them but they're still freaking lucky. Didn't see the Spuds game.

I find very disturbing that our so called fans have so little faith. You guys do know that fan is short for fanatic?

GoonerSab

When we were going unbeaten in the 2003/2004 season, people expected us to loose, we didnt.

In the 2004/2005 season, people expected us to win, we didnt.

And this season, people expect us not to win the league either...but who knows, we might.

:lol:

P.S. Did that make sense? I am sure, you know what I mean anyway!!!
Predictions aint everything, sometimes things go the other way that what people think :arrow: :p

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I refuse to listen to any man that wears white pants , what is with these predictions if you wanna predict something predict something positive like winning the champions league :lol:

By the way I predict Chelsea won't win the league using up to much luck.

bigtimetopbanana

Chelsea will walk away with it. No doubt about it.

up there, gunning for second.
Man U - I reckon Alex Ferguson showed something in post season that Wenger just can't do. Buy the right person for the role irrespective of age. Van De Sar is a brilliant buy, and was the only thing missing from the Man U team. So they will be up there.

Liverpool - Baros and Cisse both leaving? Can't quite understand this. But Benitez is no mug, he won the Big Game last year, and put teams together to beat Real Madrid in La Liga.

Tottenham - Jol has brought so much talent into the Tottenham team. If Davids can get them all clicking, I really think Tottenham might be a top five side.

Arsenal - I reckon it depends on two things. i) the back five. ii) how many sides sit back against us.
i) We all know and all fail to trust the back five, they will continue to give away sloppy goals. But last season we usually scored more than we gave away. Simple huh?
ii) The difference between the Chelsea and Fulham games made it clear. Like Fulham - If you play proper football against Arsenal, you lose. We can outplay any side. Like Chelsea - if you play defensive, smothering, aggressive football against us - you stand a chance to win by a dodgy goal.

nazo

Established Member
oh comeon its only 3 games and everyone is saying this and that
rememeber last season at the beginning everyone was like arsenal are going to win the epl again... they won 4-1 against everton..blah blah blah.. at the end we never won the epl
this is only proof that anything can happen and chelsea might lose in the next game and drop and drop and continue to drop...
i learned a lesson that you have to wait until the last seconds of a game, league, anything to find out what is going to exactly happen
also remember last year celtic were typically named the champions of spl but in the last 2 minutes of the the rangers against i forget who game, they scored and won the league... in the last 2 minutes :eek: :shock:
all i want to say is keep faith in arsenal and dont judge a book by its cover

Biggus

Established Member
Jeez I've said it before and I'll say it again....I hope I'm never in a coma on a life support machine and some of you guys have control of the switch :shock:

omega man

very capable of been champions again this year. Will we? thats another
matter, one knowone can answer just yet. Arsenal have a great squad
of players but good enough to match chelski on the domestic front
or the likes of Barca, real or AC in europe? If the pool can win the
CL then Arsenal can, it has to be very realistic target this season but
to win the premiership we need to strengthen the squad. At the least
a CB and a proven goal scorer. its going to a long hard season.

A

Anonymous

Sometimes you just have to be realistic and say, our direct rivals have strengthened, those below us have strengthened, Have we? If anything we have gone backwards.

jigga

Kha0z said:
Sometimes you just have to be realistic and say, our direct rivals have strengthened, those below us have strengthened, Have we? If anything we have gone backwards.

like we went backwards when we sold anelka, overmars and petit eh? :roll:

gunner in dubai

The Anelka and Petit sale and our success in the next season will not happen this time, it can't happen everytime, you people need to realize that!!! we are weaker than last season and we didn't buy the players that would strengthen our weakpoints! chelski and the Mancs did simple math would tell you that we are third or lower this season

Canuck

Established Member
I don't think we've gone backwards. We just changed brawn for brains. Sure we let a bit of experience go but it's negligible for the most part. Time for the players to step up and be counted. Anyone that doesn't won't be coming to The Grove. Plain and simple.

we are weaker than last season and we didn't buy the players that would strengthen our weakpoints! chelski and the Mancs did simple math would tell you that we are third or lower this season
I'm sorry but your 'simple math' is not that simple. The season is not a set sequence of numbers you can add up and get a clear cut answers. There are an awful lot of variables that affect the outcome.

Top Bottom