• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

3rd or 4th this season?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
How exactly are we weaker than last year (which seems to be trotted out with regularity)?

Youngsters like Jose, RvP, Fabregas, Clichy, Senderos and Flamini are all a year older and more experienced.

Then you've got kids just below itching for the fight like Quincy and Lupoli (who will both get at least bench time this term).

Add the older members of the squad in, plus a wonderful signing in Hleb to put Freddie under pressure.

And Gilberto hasn't broken his back.

And what have we lost...

Edu - er, so what? Never more than a squad player really and never likely to be.

Vieira - a wonderful player still but hasn't been 'the real Vieira' for two seasons. And by selling him we have the chance of a balanced midfield that he couldn't give us alongside Fabregas. And a midfield built around Fabregas!

But then again, we're obviously doomed because Wenger (quite rightly) bought an experienced keeper as back up to Jens.

And Jens, poor poor Jens. A lot of you would have him out on his ear. A lot of you say Wenger can't spot a keeper and how Bob Wilsonsaid this or that about a keeper. Well this is what he said to me when I asked him whether he thought keepers in general deserved the stick they got and what he thought of Jens:

"Keepers are blamed more simply because people don’t understand the complexities. Jens is a terrific keeper in the modern game. "

Nuff said.

fuzz

I think this maybe one of th toughest season we have face, but it is also one of the most exciting ones, too. Alot of the young players now have experience and i feel can actually come in a compensate far more adequately than last year, i think RVP will be a good example of this. He is young hungry and will score many goals this year i feel. The same goes for Fab and flamini and maybe even eboue.

The key players this season will be gilberto i think. If he can stay fit we should do well, but even if he gets injured i'm quite confident in flamini thsee days. Also let's not forget we still have campbell to come back and once he gets fit, which can't be too long away our till will be far more solid. When you add his name on to the team sheet i grow imensly confident that we will finish atleast no worse than third, more likely second and maybe first this season. Oh and then there's hleb :lol: .

The critics may want to right us off this year, but i see that as good thing. There will be less pressure and attention, espeically with a younger side this year.

Finally, next year we are moving into the emirates and that will well and truely stake a gulf between us and every other side in the league, baring manu and chelski. Although let's not forget man u do have a billion pound debt with no new streams of earning revenue lol! Also to all those Sp**s fans who think they have caught up, take a trip to the emirates and you'll realise why all your hard work will have been in vain.

YourFriendPaul

Uh.. there are worse things in the world, than debating which place among the top 5, of the top league in the world, your squad will finish this year. To even remain a contender in the premiership for more than a year, is only a dream for so many. It's insulting to other clubs, and it's insulting to the hard working players, to so casually say 'only 3rd or 4th this year'. In fact, that's only about 2 or 3 digits away from saying it's a race of one.

If you're not in this for the football, then what's the point?

Biggus

Established Member
gunner in dubai said:
The Anelka and Petit sale and our success in the next season will not happen this time, it can't happen everytime, you people need to realize that!!! we are weaker than last season and we didn't buy the players that would strengthen our weakpoints! chelski and the Mancs did simple math would tell you that we are third or lower this season

What are you talking about.....Maths? In the real world anything can happen we've only played 3 games (and won 2 of them) the seasons just started and there are many twists and turns to go.... :idea: Just say I was to go around and smash horsefaces knees with a bat how would you factor that into your equations :D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
A lot of you say Wenger can't spot a keeper and how Bob Wilsonsaid this or that about a keeper. Well this is what he said to me when I asked him whether he thought keepers in general deserved the stick they got and what he thought of Jens:

"Keepers are blamed more simply because people don’t understand the complexities. Jens is a terrific keeper in the modern game. "

Nuff said.

Agree with all you said really, it's a time to be positive and support the extremely talented youngsters we have. Though we should recognise that we may well have problems in the event of injuries, that's the same at any club in the country.

As for the bit I've quoted, Bob confirmed to us all on Wednesday that he was a huge fan of Jens. Apparently the balls are even lighter this season, too. So, no doubt there will be more Jens bashing to come, but he is a top class keeper.

Ratinho

Established Member
gunner in dubai said:
The Anelka and Petit sale and our success in the next season will not happen this time, it can't happen everytime, you people need to realize that!!! we are weaker than last season and we didn't buy the players that would strengthen our weakpoints! chelski and the Mancs did simple math would tell you that we are third or lower this season

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best. Statement. Ever.

Right, in terms of squad and if we're realistic team, Chelsea are way out infront, United have got wto decent players in and kept everyone, i'd rate them JUST above us, and Liverpool.............well, anyone claiming they are somehow now a powerful league force isn't watching much football.

We're the thrid best team in the league, at worst. WHERE'S THE NEAREST BRIDGE!!!!! :shock:

Top Bottom