• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

3rd Place

kanooo

With Liverpool faltering, I suddenly feel that we could still even get 3rd place if we can get it right - especially in the next few fixtures.

IF we beat our bogey team Bolton this weekend and following up with a win against Liverpool, we could suddenly find oursevles at 3rd place.

Of course, we'd really need to take advantage of any slip ups by Sp**s and Liverpool. Sp**s had actually lost and dropped points a few times only for us to lose as well.

It wouldn't be too bad to finish 3rd, considering all the mess that we've went through so far this season.

gunnerGH

Established Member
it is definitely possible, jus depends on whether we actually can win both games!

One man team liverpool....cant win without gerrard

Wheelori

i see we all really care about this topic.

it's been covered endlessly in about 73 other topics.

lock this ****e.

G0D

Almighty
I wouldn't say Liverpool are faltering, it's just Gerrard was injured. Sadly he's expected to be back for the Arsenal game.

JazzG

Established Member
I still think 2nd is just about possible. The mancs are 8 points clear if we win our game in hand. They still have to play us, Chelsea, Sp**s, Newcastle and Bolton away which means it could get a bit tricky for them.

Probably wont happen as I cant see us winning most of our games but ya never know eh.....

Liberace

I really doubt it, we lost 8 games this season already. The most out of the teams above us. They really have to drop alot of points for us to catch up.

But Arsenal have a habit of motoring on in the second half of the season, since Wenger came anyway.

We do take a while to gel and get the consistency right.

Next season it's crucial we start strongly by not conceding any goals or losing any games, that way you build up momentum.

By the way, question to everyone:

When was the last time Arsenal came back from 2 - 0 down and won the game.

nazo

Established Member
ive always said this season, we are going to finish 2nd. honestly thats what im thinking. i dont care if its the last game in the season that gets us to it, im still going with coming in 2nd place.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Look, I don't care what anyone says we are The Arsenal and until it's mathmatically impossible I won't think about any place other than first. That's how I ended up thinking Terry Neill was going to win us the league 'til about March every year. Oh dear.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think we should we shouldnt look at those around us. not quite yet. we need to foucs on getting a run again. but there are still too many 'loose ends' such as the uncertainty with campbell, will hleb justify his hype, is diaby the real deal, will ljungberg score again, can reyes stay consistent till the end of the season, what impact can walcott have e.t.c. for these reasons and more, it is too difficult to say we have it in us to put a run together like we have done in the past.

KingReyes

Established Member
I think Patrick hit the nail on its head. We should just concentrate on getting a run of good results together. its good that Liverpool lost because it opens up the competition between 2nd and 6th a little bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom