• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

3rd Place

BlueWind

All right,MU ,liverpool and Sp**s,all of them have problems like this or that,I do not worry about they will lose some points,but most important thing for us is that we should avoid to lose game when they lose.
So we must play our future games well,and then,we will have chance to get a ticket towards the EuroChampion League

kanooo

Well, sorry if I'm being too optimistic .... and offended anyone.

I just think it's still possible (provided if we beat Bolton first, of course). We still have games to play against our direct opponents for the 2nd and 3rd spots. We still have to play Liverpool (twice), Man Utd (once) and Sp**s (once).

So, if we come out alright and have some consistency, anything is still possible - although it might still be a long shot. ...

On a different subject, also read some of you mentioning coming back from 0:2 down. Well, it's not happening quite often nowadays, isn't it?

I still remember quite a number of games where we came back to win from 0:2 down.

Still remember beating Roman Abromavichless Chelsea from 0:2 down with a Kanu hatrick with 15 minutes to go. Coming back from 0:2 down to beat Shakata Donetsk 3:2 with a double from Martin Keown ... etc.. etc..

Seems that we have become so soft mentally. Oh well, I don't want to even start another topic...

Gooner_Girl

Yeah it's possible. I think we might be able to beat bolton, i don't see Sp**s losing to sudnerland this weekend and will probs get a few goals against them unfortunately. Also by our game stevie g's back but we still have a chance with dudek in goal haha. I don't know, i think liverpool will bounce back and still only see us finishing fourth if we start becoming consistent.

oreo

They will lose if they play the big players.

Big man has tiny brain.Mark my words!

MK5

Luck should finally start turning now and with less injuries, the new signings and Henry signing his contract I can see us getting on a really good run until the end of the season.
Liverpool, Sp**s, Wigan and Bolton have all had a great season so far but we have had a poor one and things will start turning, I'm sure.

If we can catch ManU too it will be like winning the league as I don't think Chelski's results should count until they start playing on same terms as everyone else, aka earn their own money.

Dougan17

If we beat both Bolton and Liverpool then we can talk abotu third place. For now though, I want fourth, third would just be a bonus for us as it doesn't mean anything.

Legend#1

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
tgr said:
bolton may play their african players.

Don't think they will. As I understand it the 3rd place play off is 5pm Friday and the final is saturday so I don't think any will be back for either side.

3rd place is today and final is tomorrow.

Legend#1

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Cheers for that correction. Wasn't 100% sure (which is why I was a bit vague).

Damn silly competition.

If it's any consolation.. Kolo has been immense.. Hopefully he can keep his form up for when he comes back.

Tony Montana

Established Member
MK5 said:
Luck should finally start turning now and with less injuries, the new signings and Henry signing his contract I can see us getting on a really good run until the end of the season.
Liverpool, Sp**s, Wigan and Bolton have all had a great season so far but we have had a poor one and things will start turning, I'm sure.

If we can catch ManU too it will be like winning the league as I don't think Chelski's results should count until they start playing on same terms as everyone else, aka earn their own money.

I'm afraid guys that at the end of the day we will have to wait and see. That's all we can do, as well as cheer on our team of course. Just because Liverpool lost games against the second and best teams in the country doesn't mean they'll lose to us. I won't have it that the Charlton game means that they'll slip up against us because they didn't have Gerrard and we all know what he does for the team.

Neither is finishing above Manure like winning the Title mate :wink: Winning the Title feels like being the best (because you are) which we clearly aren't. Forget about the money, we won the league when they had bags of money in 2004 so we should do it again next season.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Nope!

To be fair I was being flip about it being a silly competition. In all honesty although it's incredibly inconvenient for the rest of the world I'd defend Africa's right to have there Nations Cup at whatever time of year best suits them.

What I can't agree with is it being held every other year. It must go to every four years.

Up until the last ten years the lack of impact and integration of African players in Europe easily justified it being every other year and that has helped improve African football in general (probably as much if not more than African places in the World Cup Finals). Thing is, now is now and things have changed to the point that it's now detrimental to African footballers because managers know they'll (potentially) lose them mid-season every other year.

kamikaze80

Established Member
EIN, sounds right to me.

anyway 5 points behind pool for 3rd place. its definitely doable, and yea, if we finish ahead of united for automatic champs lge qualification, itll feel good, tho not really like winning the title.

it always feels good to finish ahead of Sp**s and united.

demoman50

I'd be happy with 4th but if we can finish 3rd ahead of Sp**s and pool would be great considering we've had major injury problems and not playing at our best.

polaris sc

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Nope!

To be fair I was being flip about it being a silly competition. In all honesty although it's incredibly inconvenient for the rest of the world I'd defend Africa's right to have there Nations Cup at whatever time of year best suits them.

What I can't agree with is it being held every other year. It must go to every four years.

Up until the last ten years the lack of impact and integration of African players in Europe easily justified it being every other year and that has helped improve African football in general (probably as much if not more than African places in the World Cup Finals). Thing is, now is now and things have changed to the point that it's now detrimental to African footballers because managers know they'll (potentially) lose them mid-season every other year.

thats a very good point, it should every 4 years like european championship

Captain

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
....Thing is, now is now and things have changed to the point that it's now detrimental to African footballers because managers know they'll (potentially) lose them mid-season every other year.....

Football in Africa still loses out on monetary gain which is the main reason. If european clubs would be willing to provide the African football federations with better compensation for cherry picking their best talent then moving the tournament to once every four years may be a viable possiblity.

Until that happens (which is probably never), the situation will remain the same.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom