• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

4-2-3-1 and DenilSong is Growing on Me.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Good to see the team is able to adjust to different tactical formations. We do not have the necessary defensive fulcrum to play 4-4-2 away from home against the better teams. It is a formation that depends on a sharing of responsibility and it still has some way to go before I am completely happy with it. In this formation we are lucky that we have a fit and scoring Adebayor as you really need a lone impact striker to have any offensive effect in this formation.

Denilson still has work to do on his defensive game as he cannot always track back fast enough. His talent is not naturally as a defensive midfielder and he often gives opponents (e.g. Senna, Giovanni-in Hull game) time on the ball in critical goal scoring areas. He has a great engine on him and he can be a good box-to-box midfielder in years to come.

Song has been a revelation in the latter part of the season and has been integral in our defensive solidity. He provides our best aerial threat behind Ade, Bendter and the now crocked Gallas-and particulalry in midfield where he wins many aerial tussles with opposing forwards. As someone said earlier he now seems to be moving around the pitch faster and more effectively. Lets hope he stays fit for our run in as he is our main defensive central midfielder and can play in the centre-half role if needed!

Mr Wolf

patrick42uk said:
When Cesc plays I dont see it as a 4-2-3-1 at all. Its 4-5-1. I like the look of it too based on the Man City game where we kept their chances minimal (relative to our previous games) and kept the ball better than we have done. Its also easier to sacrifice a striker when you have Theo and Arshavin wide.

No, I think it's a 4-2-3-1 as Cesc plays clearly ahead of the pair Denilson-Song, in an advanced position where he's free to create, without worrying of defensive tasks. This same formation can be attacking either defending minded according to wether on the wings play strikers (Walcott, Arshavin, RvP) or midfielders (Ebouè, Nasri, Diaby).

Top Bottom