• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

4-3-3/Diamond

Nisty

I wanna see this, just once:

Lehmann
Lauren - Senderos - Campbell - Cole

Toure

Fabregas Hleb

Reyes Henry
V. Persie

I think it'd be perfect..

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Jazza said:
Gurgen said:
I suggest you watch a Holland or Ajax/Feyenoord game. Juve, Chelsea are all defensive teams, I couldn't give a hoot how they play. Whatever it is, it's not 4-3-3.

I agree, nobody in the premiership plays a real 4-3-3, there all derivatives of 4-5-1 and there is a difference in how it's played and the types of players you need to make it work. They do use three forwards up front, usually an out and striker in the middle and forwards/wing forwards on either side. Watch dutch football to get an idea of how they play.

The 4-3-3/3-4-3 with the central defender pushing up is the Ajax system. The central defender would move up to the defensive midfield position and act as a playmaker when attacking ( Frank Rijkaard in his day ).

As far as a normal 3-4-3 goes, teams still use it, although the last time I saw a big team use it on a regular basis was the manager at Inter Milan before Mancini came along.

Do you claim that this is the way they play it today or how they played some time ago. I don't see it today I see more of the modern wingbacks pushing forward.

And asfar as Chelski goes, one thing they do great is when the R/LB goes forward into a R/LM position, the winger/strikers move up almost into the box, one CM is very offensive, the CB's take up outterback positions and thew two remaining CM's droop down to an almost CB position and distribute the ball from there. Creates an huge pressure. It is also a great tactical movement that requires the whole team to work as an unit.

Top Bottom