• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

4 Sensible reasons why I don't think we'll win the Title

Josjos

I'm starting this thread to get away from the mass hysteria in the other threads

1 The obvious, injuries, With Sol, Bergkamp, Vieira and Gilberto missing a substantial number of games between them, our team has been missing a lot of senior authority figures in the team and the general consistancy provided by the same 11 week in week out

2 So many young players, We've got a lot of talent, but unfortunately, injuries have forced them on a lot quicker than expected, I'm glad they are all playing, but they do not yet posses the experience to be used to handling Premeirship games week in week out, they also are not all of them mentally ready for the pressure.

3 The Goalkeeping fiasco, I think the change has put a lot of uncertainty in everyones minds, why was Lehmann dropped? when will he be recalled? is he leaving, I think this has been uncomfortbale for the players perhaps, who may be divided by taking a side in the matter.

4 Contracts, we have got a number of outstanding contract issue, I wish Edu would just fcuk off personally, he's not helping, I also think the "deal" offered to Lauren was bad and hasn't helped matters, this, along with Sol's negotiations has maybe unsettled the dressing room a bit.

I still think, we have a chance of winning the title, but I don't think it will happen, much as I'd like it too. I do hope we get slaughtered in the Press, give the team a kick up the arse, I think they're feeling a bit sorry for themselves, I hope our young players keep going to the end of the season, I think a lot of them, Senderos, Van Persie, Jose, esp, will come (very) good, but I think their age and the expectations on them, are maybe putting them off a bit, it must be hard to perform week in week out at that age, Rooney certaintly hasn't, nor Torres, Joaquin, Ronaldo, etc etc

just my two cents

Josjos

Lol , true, but I feel if they were under pressure, they'd buckle, they are a good team, nothing more, nothing less, good defence, but lacking a world class midfielder and striker

If Utd beat them and we beat them in the league it could still get very interesting, that's a big if..

I'd prefer them to win it rather than those cheating Manc tw*ts anyway

jonmoody61

Agree with everything you said JosJos, good post. But you have to acknowledge #5 that we don't spend half a billion pounds on players.

Not that I am moaning about it, as I would love it if we had that money and fair play to plucky Chelski for getting it. But thats what's done it really.

MightyArsenal

The reason why we are shít this season is because we are conceding too many. Already we have conceded 25 when we only conceded 26 last season. Chelski have not conceded for 10 hours of game time!! As for Utd the have had 7 clean sheets in a row. There is the difference this season. So its time for everyone to get real and realise this is gonna be a below par season.

Makes me wonder though now..Will wenger treat the FA cup more seriously and prioratise the champs league over all prem games.

Canuck

Established Member
I'm starting this thread to get away from the mass hysteria in the other threads
SO PLEASE PEOPLE< NO HYSTERIA IN HERE *AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH*

Injuries have been against us, but you can't really complain about that. Every manager in the EPL knows that injuries are a fact of the game and must have a team that is flexible enough to deal with suspension/injuries. Look at how the team reacted to the suspensions after the OT match. Just fine...but plugging holes with young players often backfires. Ideally you'd like to have your youth playing on your terms, not as stop gap solutions for missing 1st teamers. We may not win the title this season but there is a foundation to build on. A silver lining for our darkening clouds.
I'm starting to think that the goalkeeping "fiasco" is even more serious than the defense at the moment. I was not and have not been impressed with Almunia yet. I don't understand why Lehmann was dropped (except for the reason that he's on the way out of the club) and after he and the back line had such a good relationship last season why Wenger would switch keepers when the back four were so fragile. SO unless Wenger is going to rebuild the back line with the likes of Hoyte/Eboue/Senderos and Almunia for next season. I see no reason why Almunia should be our 1st choice keeper for the rest of the season.
Contracts this season have been a headache but more for the fans than the players I think. Like you said, Edu can scamper but I'll be dissapointed if we don't hold on to Lauren. Sol, I'm not in any doubt about him singing for us again.
I still think, we have a chance of winning the title, but I don't think it will happen, much as I'd like it too. I do hope we get slaughtered in the Press, give the team a kick up the arse
Good Gooner! We're not out of it until we are out of it! But it looks less and less likely doesn't it...
The press should rip em apart after that performance. Most people in the forum are going to!

Don't agree with everything you say, but you make some valid points.

jonmoody61

MightyArsenal said:
The reason why we are shít this season is because we are conceding too many. Already we have conceded 25 when we only conceded 26 last season. Chelski have not conceded for 10 hours of game time!! As for Utd the have had 7 clean sheets in a row. There is the difference this season. So its time for everyone to get real and realise this is gonna be a below par season.

Makes me wonder though now..Will wenger treat the FA cup more seriously and prioratise the champs league over all prem games.

Wouldn't surprise me, the Premiership may well be put on the back burner if we keep screwing up in it.

zodos

Thank God. Realism at last!
If our players can put the disappointment of the premier league behind them, who knows, we may still redeem our season with the CL. Afterall, it is now a cup competition and an uninspiring Porto won it last season.

freddie8

ok, credit to chelsea, but they've bought their talent with money. lampard, gudjohnsen and terry aside, whose still in the first team that was before abramovich took over? where would chelsea be without duff? robben? cech? if abramovich didn't buy the club, i'd say the side would be 3rd or 4th, and it be between us and man u. so, basically, we're losing the title to rich ****s.

that ended on a high note! :wink:

polaris sc

man where did it all go wrong, i know it was at utd. when we got cheated out of the game, on the 1 feb lets break some utd. legs starting with neville sisters

bellsavage

Just reading the Pires Autobiography 'Footballeur', and he argues against the complacancy that that beset france after winning the 98 World Cup then euro 2000, but suggest that players were tired both metally and physically. With a large french contingent, perhaps this mindset, that Bobby denies has crept into Highbury!
oh and by the way, i may have mentioned this before but I blame the blue kit also!

A

Anonymous

Josjos said:
Lol , true, but I feel if they were under pressure, they'd buckle, they are a good team, nothing more, nothing less, good defence, but lacking a world class midfielder and striker

I disagree with this. Makelele is the best DM in Europe and probably the world. Robben and Duff are world class players. Mate, Chelsea are very ****ing good, and very bad for the premiership.

We have probably lost the EPL because Chelsea simply are not good at losing--- just like we were last year. The scary part is that they are very good at winning--more than us last year.

Henry IV

seb_afc said:
remember we were 13 points behind manure when we won it in 98
But is the 2005 defence going to lock solid, like the class of 1998, and keep a run of confidence-building clean sheets?

Josjos

I disagree with this. Makelele is the best DM in Europe and probably the world. Robben and Duff are world class players. Mate, Chelsea are very f****g good, and very bad for the premiership.

We have probably lost the EPL because Chelsea simply are not good at losing--- just like we were last year. The scary part is that they are very good at winning--more than us last year.

so wait, according to you, Chelsea have 3 world class midfield players, so if you had to pick, a world eleven, the best of the best, absolute world class, you'd have makalele, duff , robben in your midfield? and who? roy keane? robbie savage perhaps? no, they aren't world class at all, makelele just does a job, no better no worse than nicky butt even, duff and robben are pacy wingers, on form at the moment, for sure, but world class? you're having a laugh, they are unproven in the top games and thats one of the defining chracteristics of beinf world class. I'd pick Nedved over any one of those 3, and Gerrard, Pires or Ballack, i'd even have Giggs in fact.

maybe the phrase means something different to you than it does to me. Henry/Ronahldinho = world class Robben / Duff? not for me

Latest posts

Top Bottom