• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

442 / 451 Or: I like Diaby and Denilson in the middle

banduan

Established Member
Basically, a DM has to be disciplined. It's an entirely unglamorous role. And it seems neither Denilson nor Cesc are disciplined enough to enjoy being a Makalele or even a Lampard. If only Song could step up.

Looks like we still need a proper battler in January.

gunner_down_under

banduan said:
Basically, a DM has to be disciplined. It's an entirely unglamorous role. And it seems neither Denilson nor Cesc are disciplined enough to enjoy being a Makalele or even a Lampard. If only Song could step up.

Lampard is still not defensive enough for our team I think.

I personally would like it if we signed a DCM, but what do we do with the talents like Denilson and Song? I guess a fair degree of ruthlessness is required if we need to win the league. If Song doesn't step up, he'll do well with another "lower" team. I would be gutted to see Denilson go, but if we did sign a DCM, I dont see how we can keep him and Diaby in the team when everyone's fit.

progman07

Established Member
gunner_down_under said:
banduan said:

Lampard is still not defensive enough for our team I think.

I personally would like it if we signed a DCM, but what do we do with the talents like Denilson and Song? I guess a fair degree of ruthlessness is required if we need to win the league. If Song doesn't step up, he'll do well with another "lower" team. I would be gutted to see Denilson go, but if we did sign a DCM, I dont see how we can keep him and Diaby in the team when everyone's fit.
I sense irony here.

hesham

Established Member
I hope that's irony.
Or that just demonstrates all that is wrong with the club right now, sticking with mediocre players who are not good enough just out of loyalty or due to the fact that we developed them

I guess that is the result when you put way to much emphasis on the youth setup and ignore the senior squad

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
The 4-5-1 we put out against Villa was usesless. Diaby, Denilson, Cesc, and Nasri didn't have enough awareness or appetite bewteen them to cover space in midfield, and none of them were mobile enough to support Nicky up front. It was a nothing formation.

qs

Established Member
Nik was as much the problem as the 4 you mentioned though. HE can't play as the lone striker because he is incapable of beating a defender 1 on 1 or holding the ball up. I agree those 4 were poor though, very poor, the central trio looked void of ideas and effort.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Thats why I find the amount of criticism Bendtner is getting for yesterdays game very unfair. He can't play as a lone striker, everyone knows this, its Wengers fault for playing him in a role which he has already shown before he can't fill. And besides that its not like any of the players in our midfield offered him any support, of any kind.

Captain

Established Member
It was a very poor team display and that's it really. No point trying to lay the blame on any individual. We were just rubbish and barring one or two players they should donate their wages to charity because they sure didn't earn them.

General

Established Member
Bendtner has talent but he is being criticised for his lack of effort not his ability to play the lone striker role. The amount of times he gallivanted around the opposition area whiles the ball was passed around him with ease was just shocking. He's a player who likes to coast and is sometimes worse than Berbatov.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Let's drop both and go with 4-3-3, that is the only way denilson goes where he belongs, the bench, that is.

Yes, it is that desperate :lol:

hackajack

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
Thats why I find the amount of criticism Bendtner is getting for yesterdays game very unfair. He can't play as a lone striker, everyone knows this, its Wengers fault for playing him in a role which he has already shown before he can't fill. And besides that its not like any of the players in our midfield offered him any support, of any kind.
I've got a lot of time for Nik and he was great against ManU but he was ****e warmed up yesterday.

progman07

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I realize Bendtner's talents (his football intelligence, and his vision, sometimes his passes are/were breath-taking), but for a month he has been terrible. He is giving away the ball at every single touch. I'm not exaggerating, there were games where I couldn't remember him keeping the ball once. It is probably a mental thing, but if he doesn't improve on his touch he doesn't deserve to be in the first team. Go back to the reserves and learn how to handle the ball. Also, put a bit more effort in, if you ever want to get into the first team permanently. He isn't running as much as he should, considering he is quite strong, and probably has good stamina.

Top Bottom