• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

5 Reasons To Be Positive

GOONER1991

Established Member
There is so much misery and gloom around A-M and the club as a whole at the moment, and rightly so, things don't look good, however I think that if we as fans panic, why should we expect the players not to either? There are so many negative threads at the moment, so I thought that before the game against Sunderland at the weekend, I should take a moment to create a more positive thread, outlining the reasons why things aren't disastrous.

1) Our summer signings are looking to be slowly bedding in and improving individually. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain looks like he has a lot of promise, and could hopefully be our wild card this season. If he keeps on putting these performances in, there's no way that Wenger can continue to overlook him. Mertesacker started off looking like a lumbering oaf, however has started to grow on a lot of people. Like Koscielny last season, Mertesacker has still yet to be given the opportunity to play within a settled defence, so I think it's fair to say that he will only continue to improve. We haven't seen a lot of Santos yet, however when he has played, he's put in solid performances both defensively and in attack, already scoring a very nice goal. Yes, we really need to work on our defensive tactics, however we have more than decent personnel when everyone is fit. If we can manage to get everyone fit over the coming months, and put in some time in the training ground, we have a very decent defensive unit. Arteta has looked composed and a solid buy. I would like to see him further up the pitch in Ramsey's place, to utilise his vision and passing ability, alas he'll probably play deeper at least until Diaby comes back into the team, if he ever does.

2) We have some good players. It's not like we're playing with awful players. Our players are better than what they're showing at the moment, and most of them are just out of form. We have the likes of Van Persie, Sagna, Vermaelen, Gibbs and Song, while we've got the likes of Wilshere to come back, and Diaby who when on form is a beast. We have a good first team when we look at it properly, it's just a shame we're so consistently ravaged with injuries we never manage to fully see and appreciate it.

--------------Szczesny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs

------------Song - Arteta

--------------Wilshere

Walcott -------------------------Gervinho
---------------Van Persie

Not a team to really sniff at imo.

3) We managed to put a number of wins together in a row, and actually played better than Tottenham last week, but were simply undone by a jammy shot (as always against Sp**s it seems), and an arguably handball goal. We're improving, and although we may not be at our swash buckling best, we are improving, which is definitely a positive.

4) We've looked down and out several times in the past, and as a club we've managed to pull it out of the fire time and time again. This may be one time too many, and we might not be able to, however we should still have faith that as a club, we can come together and pull off a great escape so to speak, again. We're still at the start of the season. A couple of back to back wins and everything looks that much better. Any of our rivals could go through a patch of bad form, and everything will look completely different. It's way too early to completely lose faith.

5) We've had a difficult fixture list at the start of the season, just when we didn't need it and some easier fixtures to help our squad to gel would have been perfect. We're past that now, and of our next 15ish games, we should be looking to win 12 of those. If we managed that, we'd look so much healthier going into the new year.

So have some faith my fellow Gooners. We've come through dark times several times before, and we need to come together and believe that things can get better, and it's not the end of the world for The Arsenal.

Y va marquer

Established Member
For the moment, in the order in which they popped up in my head:
Chamberlain :bounce
Szczesny
It can't get much worse :|
We're doing ok in Europe
We've a game at the weekend :)

Kind of limited really, I'll not elaborate as it would only veer towards negative and there are loads of threads where I can do that.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Great thread.

We have some of the best English talent in Wilshere, Gibbs and Chamberlain. We have some genuinely exciting players breaking through including Afobe, Coq, Frimpong and Ryo. We are set up for years, and we support Arsenal, perfect.

Bossa

Established Member
We have been saying for years that we have great talent but they all leave us as soon as they reach their potential.

yuvken

Established Member
There's always another season
The stadium
we're not Sp**s
no one can take away our memories
football isn't everything
luck evens out

(cliches are not necessarily false :) )

and: we have hope that jack will lift us
owners can't afford not to make top 4 for a long period
the cannon on our badge wasn't yet replaced with a hand break
(I woke up one day with that image :lol: . looked alarmingly close).

hey, I tried. But right now, it really makes me stay away from football. Hope we have serious positives soon.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Park has scored again.

Gervinho has a lot more in his locker .

Vermaelen coming back in another week or so .

We looked good for big parts against Sp**s

Miyaichi should just about have reached full fitness .

Le Professeur

Established Member
yuvken said:
luck evens out

Not so sure about that... Not sure at all.

We've had absolutely terrible luck for how many seasons now? Not to mention the Mancs' never-ending lucky streak...

ibby

Established Member
tumblr_lsof3cqMcN1qarlfso1_250.gif

tumblr_lsof3cqMcN1qarlfso2_250.gif

tumblr_lsof3cqMcN1qarlfso3_250.gif

tumblr_lsof3cqMcN1qarlfso4_250.gif

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
1. New signings are starting to click.
2. Apart from Sagna and Jack no other long term injuries. *touchwood*
3. Good form in the CL so far.
4. We're still in all Cups.
5. It can't get much worse in the League.

Btw, luck does everything, but it never ever evens out.

Floating

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
Great thread.

We have some of the best English talent in Wilshere, Gibbs and Chamberlain. We have some genuinely exciting players breaking through including Afobe, Coq, Frimpong and Ryo. We are set up for years, and we support Arsenal, perfect.

:shock: You forgot Szczesny.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We still need two more reasons in order to stay positive.

Better medical capability from the staff to keep the players from injuries and shorten treatment table time.

And a bloody defensive coach!!

alboots101

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjh1a9Yoao" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjh1a9Yoao</a>

It`s still early in the season.

On the sp*rs game, these cants won a minor victory but it dont compare to the 50 years of pain we`ve dealt them.

Top Bottom