• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

£50k p/w For Walcott?

Lord Dula

Established Member
Well as much as I think footy players get overpaid, in line with current wage ranges, I feel this is a fair offer. We've missed Walcott's pace 'n penetration badly, and his injury came at a bad time for him as he was starting to display maturity, confidence and true explosiveness. Hope he comes back firing on all cylinders.

TomasCR

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Well as much as I think footy players get overpaid.
Still can´t get over it. It´s fine when we only talk about that but then you imagine what could you atually do with that amount of money and that young bastard will have it every week on his account, what for? Disgusting.

Give them all 2k a week and that´s it. Rosicky is on 50k a week too if I´m not mistaken, wonder if he gets more or less. :|

Unforgiven

Established Member
He is such a young player, and gives so much to the team, and we have missed so much of him this season that those wages would be fair. The club is obviously doing their best to just keep him happy at the moment, the thought of him leaving...

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
50k p/w could be a much better deal now if he comes back with a bang.But i say give it to him, we'l recoup some cash/wages when we descide to flog the deadwood thats filling our team.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
50k seems more than reasonable and like has been said he could realistically ask for more. By the end of this projected contract he should if he continue developing be a quality international forward.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Let's hope he dont read this and think "Those Arsenal-Maniacs think it's only reasonable, I'll double what I want now then"

I doubt any of the players read this, but just incase - Eboue, do **** off, and Denilson, start tracking back will ya?

scytheavatar

Established Member
And what makes you so sure that he's no longer first choice? It's not like Nasri has been doing so well that he's undroppable. Neither is Arshavin a certainty to be able to adapt to the Premier League right away. And we can play Arshavin or Walcott up front, over that useless Adebayor. Walcott to me has been our best player right before he got injured, so he has what it takes to fight for his place in our squad.

sabret00the

Established Member
It's now being reported that while the Walcott's want £50p/w, especially while we're looking scatty for a CL place. Arsenal don't feel that Walcott is ready/on that wage yet.

Proof

Established Member
Considering his age and nowadays football ridiculous wages, £50k is not that much for a 19 year-old whose performances proved that he can be a top class player in the future. Actually, Nasri didn't make Walcott forgotten during his absence, in fact I believe that he offers more than Samir atm.

lagos

Established Member
I personally don't know if he has proved anything. But he there is a lot of hope in him, and he is English, so if you want him in your team you pay the going rate and hope he proves to be a good investment, if not on the pitch at least in merchandise sales! And by the way don't be fooled by the headlines, footballers earning £50k pw are not as commonplace as you may think.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Rosicky is on 50k a week too if I´m not mistaken, wonder if he gets more or less. :|
Difference being that Rosicky got those wages when he signed on of course. Since then he's mostly been injured, otherwise he'd been higher up right now. All the while Walcott's been earning his payrise by playing good. I think he deserves it. It's a lot of money, but that's how the football industry works.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
sabret00the said:
It's now being reported that while the Walcott's want £50p/w, especially while we're looking scatty for a CL place. Arsenal don't feel that Walcott is ready/on that wage yet.

Lets hope this isn't true as it woud be a shame to upset Theo over a few thousand a week. Samehappened to Cole and Flamini. Theo is arguably worth 50k now but surely will be worth that over the next couple of years.

sabret00the

Established Member
USArsenal said:
"being reported".. meh

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/4691824/Theo-Walcott-in-talks-about-extending-contract-at-Arsenal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... senal.html</a>

AFCG7

Established Member
He's well worth the 50K now , as opposed to losing him for peanuts next summer and then having to find a replacement - or playing Eboue. Easy decision to make really.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
and? my point still stands... no quotes from the club or the player...

"it was reported".... "it is believed"....

which means "we're making this sh*t up and you're buying it"

sabret00the

Established Member
USArsenal said:
and? my point still stands... no quotes from the club or the player...

"it was reported".... "it is believed"....

which means "we're making this sh*t up and you're buying it"
Oh, i thought you were questioning whether there was a source to the story or not. My bad!

Jameel46

Established Member
to be honest i don't think he's worth the 50k a week yet, he's done well in a chunk of this season and been out for the rest, a don't think a few good games should elevate him to 50k earnings. Flamini was consistently good throughout the season and a big part of the team but didn't get what he deserved so it's strange to me that they're more worried about holding on to walcott then they were with flamini.

qs

Established Member
What do you think he's worth then Jamee? What do you think he'd get at United, Chelsea, Liverpool or City because whatever they're willing to give him, thats his value.

Top Bottom