• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

6 points off the top? It's realistically do-able.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorz

Established Member
Re: 9 points off the top? It's do-able.

Had a thought earlier, each time we've lost our pairs of games (Manchesters, Sunderland-Chelsea and United-Chelsea) we've put on a strong run in the 10 or so games following them against lesser opposition.

Hopefully no really tough games left the team can put together one final run that can take us to the end of the season and at least put pressure on the two ahead of us going into May.

A lot depends on tonight though, failure to win tonight will spell 3rd place at best for me.

Pies

qs said:
qs said:
Pies said:
realistically we are out.

Thats what people said after our first loss to Chelsea yet we went top after that.

So you think we will win the league and/or Champions League this season?
Ok.

2m7hisi.jpg

I'll bump this post at the end of the season and we'll see who's right then. Another season of nothing, I guess if you want to call a Top 4 finish a successful season then you are happy.

I'm sick and tired of idiotic questions like "So you think we will win the league and/or Champions League this season?" If you want to bump this thread in some vain attempt to prove yourself right you tell me exactly who is going to win the CL? Go on, seeing as you know everything!

We can win the CL, same as a number of other teams. Its a cup and its unpredictable.

I'm right though, we won't win the league, we won't win the CL.

qs

Established Member

So you've no answer. I thought so. No need to bump the thread you've lost already.

Swish

Established Member

Pies said:
Can you also tell me which 43 balls won't make it in the Euromillions draw this weekend?

I'm running low on funds.

qs

Established Member

Swish said:
Pies said:
Can you also tell me which 43 balls won't make it in the Euromillions draw this weekend?

:lol:

Pies

qs said:
So you've no answer. I thought so. No need to bump the thread you've lost already.

No I'm still going to bump this after the season to prove that I'm right.

Swish

Established Member

qs said:
Swish said:
Pies said:

:lol:
If he can tell me which 40 balls won't make it, I'll be happy enough.

I'm not greedy.

Swish

Established Member

Pies said:
qs said:

If we finish 3 points behind the winners after losing our last game, are you also going to bump up this thread to prove that it was impossible to win this year?

Pies

Swish said:
Pies said:
qs said:

If we finish 3 points behind the winners after losing our last game, are you also going to bump up this thread to prove that it was impossible to win this year?

I never said it was impossible, I said it won't happen.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member

Pies said:
2m7hisi.jpg

Ok.

2m7hisi.jpg

I'll bump this post at the end of the season and we'll see who's right then.
sagreig is right, grow up.

Glovegun

Established Member

Each year Wenger throws away a domestic cup, the more the pressure increases to win the league.

If we had picked up the FA Cup this season, and finished five points off top spot I think people would see that as major progress. Whereas instead it'll be the another year no trophies story again.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Well, we were earlier in this season already a few points behind Chelsea and Man Utd, but we managed to get back to a few points off them, but i dont think Chelsea will slip up again, they are far to expierence for that, while we lack in that case, lets to be honest we have a great team, we have always the most posession, but football isnt about posession we will not win the league this year, we were in a good posession till we were pairing Man Utd and Chelsea, we saw in wich case our short-comings were, and it hasnt changed, defensivly as a unit we are poor as hell, and we wont win something with that kind of attitude from our players, they are a great attacking force when on fire, but when things arent going well, like against Chelsea and Man Utd, we are dire, and we need to be more deciplined, like Attack and Defending with everyone, but if that case isnt solved, we wont win anything soon.

Swish

Established Member

Pies said:
So, it is possible we could still win the league then?

Pies

Swish said:
Pies said:
So, it is possible we could still win the league then?

I said it was still mathematically possible to win the league in my first post, so yes. Realistically though it won't happen. Keep up chap.

Pies

Pepe LeFrits said:
Pies said:
2m7hisi.jpg

Ok.

2m7hisi.jpg

I'll bump this post at the end of the season and we'll see who's right then.
sagreig is right, grow up.
Yeah smilies are childish I admit that, don't guess you or anyone else uses them on here.

Swish

Established Member

Pies said:
I said it was still mathematically possible to win the league in my first post, so yes. Realistically though it won't happen. Keep up chap.
Realistically is just another word for 'the likliest choice is'. Realistically, Chelsea should have thrashed Hull. They didn't, they drew. Realistically, United should have thrashed Burnley. They didn't, they lost.

Keep the guesses being portrayed as matter of facts coming chap.

dutchMasta

So, Swish, roughly what % likelihood do you think we'll win the league? And do you believe we CAN win it or that we WILL win it?

Pies

Swish said:
Pies said:
Realistically is just another word for 'the likliest choice is'. Realistically, Chelsea should have thrashed Hull. They didn't, they drew. Realistically, United should have thrashed Burnley. They didn't, they lost.

Keep the guesses being portrayed as matter of facts coming chap.

Say what you like, we won't win the league now.
Obviously not a fact until it's mathematically impossible.
But at the end of the day we simply won't be able to do it now in my opinion.

(You can bump this to laugh at me when we do (which I obviously hope happens), and I will take my lumps and any abuse)

Swish

Established Member

dutchMasta said:
So, Swish, roughly what % likelihood do you think we'll win the league? And do you believe we CAN win it or that we WILL win it?
Percentage? You should know me better than that Masta, I'm not guessing anything. I'm just touting the very clear fact that there is a chance. I believe that we can win it, not that we will win it. One is a possibility, the other is a conclusion.

Pies said:
(You can bump this to laugh at me when we do (which I obviously hope happens), and I will take my lumps and any abuse)
I was waiting for this 'cover my arse' statement. Now that you have said it, it only goes to prove that you're not 100% sure, thus rendering every single point you've made thus far about us definitely not winning it, completely pointless and futile.

Keep it up chap :wink:

Pies

I've said it is mathematically still possible in my very first post.
Keep up chap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom