• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

6th June 2004

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 479
A

Anonymous

60th Anniversary of the D-day landing. Thought it appropriate to pay my respects to the brave men that died defending freedom. Without them we would not be here. I know this doesnt exactly fit into arsenal talk, but it is just a sign of respect and to show that arsenal fans are still remembering the heroes.
RIP

Aussie

Established Member
Yeah definatly. With out those brave men and women the world would be a different place.

reggiepaul

Yes agreed.

Have you ever wondered what it may have been like if Hitler had got his way? What a wacky dude he was! I don't think many people understand freedom until you actually delve in to the history of countries who never had what we have.

Although freedom these days seems to be getting pissed out of your head on the weekend and acting like a total fool, to indulge in all kinds of undignified hedonism and crazy fool antics and say "it's my life" but if circumstances had been different we wouldn't be doing moonies but "Heil Hitler!" instead on a weekend. Yes I am sure all those people who died must be so proud of what they achieved for us.

Hmm...

A

Anonymous

what annoys me quite a bit is that i can understand why people go on about d-day but when people go on about dunkirk its quite annoying

Gurgen

Established Member
RIP to all heroes, especially the Americans, who suffered some afwul losses on that day :(

A

Anonymous

RIP to all heroes, especially the Americans, who suffered some afwul losses on that day
Yeh RIP to the yanks, but maybe of they had of entered the war when they should of we might not have lost so much eh !

beanz

Petros said:
what annoys me quite a bit is that i can understand why people go on about d-day but when people go on about dunkirk its quite annoying
It's part of the history of our green & pleasnt land Petros & as with all our history, good or bad, it should be remembered as one of the landmarks of our recent history.
People "going on" about it, is what keeps it in our memories, respect does'nt cost anything!

Latest posts

Top Bottom