• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

8 years ago today

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 30
  • Views 1,005

KingReyes

Established Member
Sol said:
The guy really is a legend for what he has done to Arsenal.

Just think, we used to have Bruce Rioch as our manager. Bruce Rioch! We could very easily have had Stuart cone man Houstan as our next manager. Just think where we would be if that had happened. I dread to think.

We certainly couldnt be moving to AB and have players like Henry and Reyes, that is for sure.

thats true Sol, and I think we have David Dein to thank for that.

tcs

when u look at how other so giant clubs spending and operating, u will salute Aw for wat he have done so far.....for me he is the "father of revolution" for english football(EPL)!

Deano

This part of the forum has become a little like " I knew where I was when Kennedy was shot"

If memory is correct I seem to remember that he was recommended to David Dein by Johann Cryuff, who I believe was mentioned as a possible candidate himself for the job. Problems with Barca and his heart problem put paid to that.

I also remember that we nearlyy lost him very quickly. A rumour circulated.(Not very nice) and I think that he really had to ask himself was it worth it.(I could be wrong, if I am I apologise.)

KingReyes

Established Member
Deano said:
This part of the forum has become a little like " I knew where I was when Kennedy was shot"

If memory is correct I seem to remember that he was recommended to David Dein by Johann Cryuff, who I believe was mentioned as a possible candidate himself for the job. Problems with Barca and his heart problem put paid to that.

David Dein knew Wenger from before, Wenger stayed over at Dein's house at times when he came to watch Arsenal play. It was Dein that recommended Wenger to the board. Thats what he says in the Official History of Arsenal DVD anyways.

henrys cat

History was never a strong subject of mine but all that matters is that we have the bestest ever manager. Well in the modern era anyway. Herbert is and always will be boss man

Taozhe

Salute to the best manager Arsenal had. I believe Wenger will surpass the greats and bring more glory to Arsenal. The future is Wengerball. ;D

jeromelee

Deano said:

Ahhhh I remembered how much I wanted Cryuff to join.

Top Bottom