• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

90 minutes of....?? Match day from a Fan's perspective.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Y va marquer said:
:shock: I think it helps being in here after a defeat.

It can all be horribly negative, gloomy and despairing but you have to go through that, better to get it out of your system in here where people might actually understand than out of here where people just think you're being ridiculous!

At the back of your mind you know there's always another game and before you know it your posting in the new match thread.

Agreed. It's always better to have someone to discuss problems with!!!

Already nervous about tomorrow. Appetite beginning to go.....Oh Dear, the life of a fan-a-tic!

7:30am kick off for me tomorrow.........will be a nervous twitchy kinda sleep tonite!!....a few glasses of vino at a local wine tasting later is gonna help me with some shut eye!!!

I would have it no other way!!

GOOOOOOOOOONER!!

redanddread

Kraig said:
when the game kicks off, i cant keep my legs still, constantly tapping my feet with anxiety. Which Arsenal are we going to see today.

Praying for an early goal to settle the nerves somewhat. God i hope we are gonna be solid at the back today!

Heart in mouth as another aerial bombardment comes in. Are Kos and squid up to it? Dealt with that one for now!

Screaming at the midfield now! "Play in Theo! He's in acres!!!" as its played the other way (Abou!!!!) Turn to the wife, "how did he not see him! play him in and its 1-0!". Wifes face says shes heard it all before!

Half time, a lack of cohesion in the middle of the park. cescs not on his game today. Needs to pick it up if he plans on Barcelona! Wilshere looking good again...

Feet still tapping, beer appears to be dissapearing faster than would normally. Drink so i dont think i guess! "Oh cmon Shavva! You've got to do bettrer than that!".

Wenger brings in the changes. ("Why is he bringing on Eboue when we need a goal! What you playing at Arsène!")

Its all one way traffic, as i go from back of chair, to edge of seat, to on my feet! Exasperation every other minute, a smile at the great football, a tear at the lack of end product.

89 minutes on the clock... in it comes... ALEX SONG!!!!

Beer... gone... on the floor
Wife... deaf...
Relief... Sigh... Full time

Its another performance that leaves lots of questions unanswered, but 3 points is 3 points.

And i tell you what, I wouldnt swap it for anything else! I LOVE this sport and I LOVE the Arsenal!

The Gooner

HAHAHAHAHA........

1 NIL to the Arsenal, 1 NIL to The Arsenal!!

Funny how those beers do go down so fast!!

mo50

Established Member
Coming to this place after a poor result is a great way of relieving the tension. Some of my comments after such games is quite embarrassing and is a good laugh after a few weeks.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i dont like being here after we lose.. i usually try to take a few hour break when that happens.. unfortunately, i cant stay away until our next match (which i'd like to do) because im an Admin, and i cant exactly go MIA for days on end

goonerleila

Established Member
The worst games for me are the ones I have to listen to the radio. Havin to rely on someone else to tell me what's happening does all sorts for my nerves. I'm like a woman possessed when I'm watching the game on the tv. I can't shut up, I'll scream and shout at every opportunity and I'm prone to breaking things. Whenever I'm lucky enough to be at a game I'm relatively calm and being at the stadium watching the team I love brings me comfort and ease no matter the scoreline.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
When the ball goes into our net and you take a moment to register that it has indeed gone in. You frantically look at the the reactions of our players and theirs hoping against hope that it was an off-side or there was a foul or for some reason it wasn't a goal. And then the realization dawns in along with the sinking feeling.

Top thread, especially found this to be very recognisable. When Song scored against West Ham I was absolutely convinced it'd be flagged off for offside. Makes the joy even bigger when you finally realise the goal stands.

Matchdays for me personally are a mixed bag. When we have a big game coming up (like tomorrow) I barely sleep, eat or drink as my stomach simply can't deal with it. Normally I'd have a few beers with my mates (none of which support Arsenal) but on days like tomorrow I'm just afraid I'd throw up :(

During the game I lose all sense of my surroundings, sort of in a state of trance. I transpire way too much, my heart goes bonkers and I shout at everything/everyone whilst occasionally kicking the table/chair or even towards the dog. Sometimes I throw the remote too for good measure. On the quite rare occassions that I'm at the Emirates I just shout, shout and shout.

What happens afterwards depends on the result. Good result means top weekend, bad result means entire week ruined.

Anzac

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
Anzac, I'm curious to how you spend 90 mins of Arsenal, when you're not thinking about formations/game patterns that is :D

Lol - actually during a game I don't = I'm too caught up in the action to think about such things in 'live' time & mainly only think about such things as a reaction to seeing our shape & selections prior to the start, and then again at half time or post match.

Sure I can recognise smaller details in the game as they happen (individual performances, patterns in play etc), but in many ways I'm a reactive analyst type as opposed to a pro-active 'live' time tactician as my focus in one the game & then us, and only think about the opposition if we are struggling. I'm not as pro-active/aggressive as the likes of Hiddink who will change his shape from a 433 to a 343 5-10 minutes into a crucial WC qualifier & again in the opening game at the WC Finals.

Having said that after watching us a number of times there are a few fundamentals & patterns that become well evident so it's not any great deduction involved.

Primarily I guess it's a result of 3 decades of employment involving investigating incidents and planning operations = cause & effect & reverse engineering from various outcomes. Lastly it's also about another experience from work = if you are going to question/criticise/raise an issue then be prepared to suggest an option/alternative & be prepared to discuss/debate it accordingly = it's just what I'm conditioned to do.

Apologies for rambling - you said you were curious. :eek:ops: :lol: :wink:

Anzac

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i dont like being here after we lose.. i usually try to take a few hour break when that happens.. unfortunately, i cant stay away until our next match (which i'd like to do) because im an Admin, and i cant exactly go MIA for days on end

Swings & round-abouts for me. After a particularly poor performance I try not to say too much, but I still need to externalise my reaction & not bottle it up (it's not healthy) - particularly if I've stayed up for 20 hours to watch the game. :lol:

AshburtonGhost

Bit tough living in Oz as a bad result at any time from 11pm-3am usually means a very, very long day. Been fairly acccepting of bad results this year but it wasn't good up until last season; smashed my girlfriend's tv remote after the 2-2 against Birmingham, broke a drinks machine at work after the 4-4 against Sp**s, real mad stuff, lol. Methinks I need to grow up a bit ;)

AshburtonGhost

Come on, Ant, all one in the same down here :D A good mate of mine is Steve Sumner's son, surely you'd know him being from NZ!

redanddread

Feelin' a little groggy after the wine tasting last night! But at least the vino eased the nerves and amde me sleep no probs. Watching some "Arsenal Live" prior to the game-lucky cap is on mi head! A nice cuppa Jamaican coffee to invigorate the mind!

Pre-game nerves...........hmmmm

COME ON U REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOONERS!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom