• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He should go back to France to be honest and try to have a Ben Arfa-esque renaissance.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The media really love the flavour of the moment approach, some quarters now saying that City wont win the title :lol:

City still clear favourites for me, they have tremendous quality within their ranks and should be out front by now.

I just hope we can stay near the top and also ensure that we are comfortably clear of them when its time to go to the Etihad.

Bould14

The media really love the flavour of the moment approach, some quarters now saying that City wont win the title :lol:

City still clear favourites for me, they have tremendous quality within their ranks and should be out front by now.

I just hope we can stay near the top and also ensure that we are comfortably clear of them when its time to go to the Etihad.
Their home form is really something to fear. If that has any cracks soon we are easily the favorites.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

Wonder what it feels like when you know that the manager is on borrowed time and will leave even if he wins the league. It can't feel as good as being part of a project that is progressing like Arsenal and Sp**s players will feel.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Wonder if they'll invest in January.

Would be a decent time for them to go for Stones; Everton conceding like **** makes him look bad, he'll be inflated to 100M by the time the Euros start and Mangala is a joke.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Would be a decent time for them to go for Stones; Everton conceding like **** makes him look bad, he'll be inflated to 100M by the time the Euros start and Mangala is a joke.

Thing is, their current investments haven't been good enough. Otamendi and Mangala cost what? Over £60M between them. I reckon they should go for a tried and tested PL defender, someone shrewd like Winston Reid. Knowing them though they'll probably break the bank for Stones.

Hope the above doesn't happen, need them to keep struggling.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Everyone thinks City got the best squad, which they probably marginally do, but even they need to refresh in a lot of positions.

Probably need two new fullbacks, a Yaya replacement, perhaps another CM and CB and they could with an attacking player since they've only got Navas as cover.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I don't think they do, they have a classy line of attackers when they're all fit, but the rest of the team isn't all that to be honest.

I think we have the best squad in the league, we maybe lack a world class striker and some defensive depth, but in the big picture I think we have the highest quality squad.

It's easy for some people to think that since City has a £300m+ squad that undoubtedly equals quality, but as they so willingly have shown it necessarily doesn't.

Would we exchange Per and Koscielny for Kompany and Mangala?
Hart for Cech?
Silva for Özil?
Giroud for Agüero?
De Bruyne for Alexis?

I wouldn't.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Everyone thinks City got the best squad, which they probably marginally do, but even they need to refresh in a lot of positions.

Probably need two new fullbacks, a Yaya replacement, perhaps another CM and CB and they could with an attacking player since they've only got Navas as cover.

Think Otamendi will turn it around.

But the rest of their whole backline won't last, they are all relatively the same age as well. Replacing them all at the same time and building an understanding will be the trickiest aspect for them. Obviously worth keeping some for depth but you'd be lucky if this gets you past this season.

Kolarov 30, Sagna 32, Zabaleta 30, Kompany 29, Mangala ****.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I don't think they do, they have a classy line of attackers when they're all fit, but the rest of the team isn't all that to be honest.

I think we have the best squad in the league, we maybe lack a world class striker and some defensive depth, but in the big picture I think we have the highest quality squad.

It's easy for some people to think that since City has a £300m+ squad that undoubtedly equals quality, but as they so willingly have shown it necessarily doesn't.

Would we exchange Per and Koscielny for Kompany and Mangala?
Hart for Cech?
Silva for Özil?
Giroud for Agüero?
De Bruyne for Alexis?

I wouldn't.

An injury free Aguero?

:rolleyes:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Think Otamendi will turn it around.

But the rest of their whole backline won't last, they are all relatively the same age as well. Replacing them all at the same time and building an understanding will be the trickiest aspect for them. Obviously worth keeping some for depth but you'd be lucky if this gets you past this season.

Kolarov 30, Sagna 32, Zabaleta 30, Kompany 29, Mangala ****.
They haven't been able to upgrade/replace the core of that team. It's essentially the same team that's been running things for the last 5 years and it's getting old & keeps breaking down.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
So what's their injury situation? Kompany out for Jan? Nasri out until April? Anyone else? They'd be in dire straights if they had the same number of injuries as we do.

Malky

Established Member

Depends, will Pellegrini be given the funds to invest in "his players" if the rumors about Pep arriving in the summer are true? Considering how much money has already been wasted on there defense, do they really want to blow another £30M,£40M, £50M on CBs?

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom