• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ruining football for me if I’m being honest. I would argue they are so doped up, as Wenger put it, that nobody in Europe can compete with them now. Definitely no team in England. We tried our best to be perfect with what we have but we’re going to come up short.

I think they’ll smash Real tbh.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Ruining football for me if I’m being honest. I would argue they are so doped up, as Wenger put it, that nobody in Europe can compete with them now. Definitely no team in England. We tried our best to be perfect with what we have but we’re going to come up short.

Haven't you been saying football has been ruined for years? Why do you still watch?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Haven't you been saying football has been ruined for years? Why do you still watch?
It’s been declining in terms of style of play, star quality, individuality etc. No top strikers or CB’s in the game, back in the day every club had a few of these. The pure playmaker role has gone etc. It’s not as fun to watch football anymore, I don’t think anybody would really disagree.

Add oil money on top and it’s tough going for me.

Football IS a drug though, that’s why I still watch. Though I do watch less general football, and I’m becoming less invested, my moods are not affected by wins/loss anymore - which I think is good, more to life than getting affected by 11 millionaires kicking a ball around.

TheDrunkenMaster

With the way the were giving away chances to Bayern, Real will absolutely destroy them.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
It’s been declining in terms of style of play, star quality, individuality etc. No top strikers or CB’s in the game, back in the day every club had a few of these. The pure playmaker role has gone etc. It’s not as fun to watch football anymore, I don’t think anybody would really disagree.

Add oil money on top and it’s tough going for me.

Football IS a drug though, that’s why I still watch. Though I do watch less general football, and I’m becoming less invested, my moods are not affected by wins/loss anymore - which I think is good, more to life than getting affected by 11 millionaires kicking a ball around.

Extremely rose coloured glasses to say every club had a few top CBs or strikers back in the day. There are tons of them around now, you just don't feel it the same way because you're older. Those 2-3 year stints of top class form from some of the players back then felt a lot more substantial because you were younger. I feel the same way, but 95% of the players you're thinking of were probably worse players than Haaland, Mbappe, Benzema, Kane, Osimhen etc.

A big name like Inzaghi was big because we saw him on tele playing in big games. In reality he was Ivan Toney level, but we don't see Toney in the same way because of our age.

Same goes for CBs. We hold these older CBs up to like mythical status but they were simply playing before social media put a magnifying glass on every minor mistake. You can see some pushback to this on Twitter with people finding plenty of clips of a player like Vidic looking absolutely dreadful at times, but many people would laugh at the suggestion that someone like Ruben Dias is better than him, which he probably is on pure ability.

However, I do 100% agree on football becoming less enjoyable, and I don't think there's a 1=1 between the players/teams getting better and the product becoming more enjoyable to watch. The maverick type player has ostensibly been stamped out of the game, individual expression has been replaced by suffocating tactical pressure and the product itself feels distant from your average fan.

Teams like City, PSG and (in the future) Newcastle do incredible harm to the game by removing any form of organic growth and success. People still rate that Liverpool league title higher than anything City has done, because it felt earned and real. When teams like City keep vacuuming up the best talent in the world and win silverware to the sound of everyone going "meh whatever", it does so much harm to the overall health of the game.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Extremely rose coloured glasses to say every club had a few top CBs or strikers back in the day. There are tons of them around now, you just don't feel it the same way because you're older. Those 2-3 year stints of top class form from some of the players back then felt a lot more substantial because you were younger. I feel the same way, but 95% of the players you're thinking of were probably worse players than Haaland, Mbappe, Benzema, Kane, Osimhen etc.

A big name like Inzaghi was big because we saw him on tele playing in big games. In reality he was Ivan Toney level, but we don't see Toney in the same way because of our age.

Same goes for CBs. We hold these older CBs up to like mythical status but they were simply playing before social media put a magnifying glass on every minor mistake. You can see some pushback to this on Twitter with people finding plenty of clips of a player like Vidic looking absolutely dreadful at times, but many people would laugh at the suggestion that someone like Ruben Dias is better than him, which he probably is on pure ability.

However, I do 100% agree on football becoming less enjoyable, and I don't think there's a 1=1 between the players/teams getting better and the product becoming more enjoyable to watch. The maverick type player has ostensibly been stamped out of the game, individual expression has been replaced by suffocating tactical pressure and the product itself feels distant from your average fan.

Teams like City, PSG and (in the future) Newcastle do incredible harm to the game by removing any form of organic growth and success. People still rate that Liverpool league title higher than anything City has done, because it felt earned and real. When teams like City keep vacuuming up the best talent in the world and win silverware to the sound of everyone going "meh whatever", it does so much harm to the overall health of the game.
Agree to everything you wrote.

On City it really amazes me the amount of praise they still are getting. Like you say, they simply hover up the best players around, they cheat against the rules and are financially supported by an authoritarian regime. And we are supposed to like and be impressed by that?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Part of me does want City to win the Treble (plus the three-peat of leagues too) this season now, to take it from United after how their fans have been acting like THEY beat us to the title rather than the local rivals ffs :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I can see them winning the treble tbh. Followed by a massive points deduction next season or something like that. Their titles won’t be taken away though.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
with KDB 31, Bernardo 28, Rodri 26, and Gundogan 32 they have top quality midfielders with multiple games under the belt. The age profile of their key players is what makes them so good. They dont have many key players in the squad under 25 - Haaland and Foden the only two senior players under 25. Where as our first team is jacked with players under 25 some of which are well below 25. They are in the peak, we are in our infancy.

Bernardo and Gundogan might leave this year. Even if they replace them with Bellingham, then we can bridge the gap as Bellingham is still a kid, albeit talented. Rico Williams is a top youngster for them, but they hooked him at the business end of the season. Whereas we rely on our kids - Saka, Martinelli, Saliba in absenteeism. Ødegaard still relatively young.

Next season, our younger players will be a year older, their older payers will be a year older. This cycle is favourable to us and we need to take advantage.

Very unlikely a team can win 4 in a row. We are the second best team in the league. We should have an aggressive window and be aggressive from matchday one next year. Hopefully Arteta and the players can learn. I really believe we are following Klopp's Liverpool.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Yeah no bro. Whatever point you might've had you've wasted it with this nonsense here lol

Dude broke 20 goals once in the league in his career. He was a one in two scorer for his career with **** all link up play.

He only offered goals, he got hard carried to the league titles he won, not even being the top goal scorer on the team, and he was rarely even in the top 5 for goal scorers in the league.

Ivan Toney is scoring at a similar rate this but is also providing 10x more to the overall play.

He's probably one of the most overrated players of all time when you consider name recognition vs. actual ability.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I can feel how I am building up hate towards Man City! They used to be a club I had zero interest in. All I could remember about them is that they had that **** from Oasis cheering for them.

Now I can feel things change. I cannot watch a picture of that Norwegian ogre without absolutely fuming. Or hear Pep talk about some self-indulgent ****! The fact that the media turns an absolute blind eye to how and by whom that club is financed, how they constantly cheat and get away with it, that the playing field is so tilted towards them. It drives me up wall! It makes potentially losing the league to them absolutely infuriating! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Yeah no bro. Whatever point you might've had you've wasted it with this nonsense here lol

Toney is not fit to clean Super Pippo’s boots.

It’s Red nose and the English media who loved to slander Inzaghi at every opportunity. Red Nose even came out with that famous quote which made it seem like all Inzaghi did was be in an offside position while players like Sheringham got praised for doing exactly what Pippo was hated for.

Inzaghi was a deadly finisher who was a nightmare to play against.

All the great CBs at that time Nesta, Cannavarro & Jaap Stam all said they hate playing against him.

If Super Pippo was playing in this era against these clueless defenders, he’d score boat load of goals.

Inzaghi thrived in Serie A when it was still a tough league against some of the best defenders the game has seen.

Put some respect on Super Pippo’s name.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I can see them winning the treble tbh. Followed by a massive points deduction next season or something like that. Their titles won’t be taken away though.

You reckon? If they are found guilty their titles absolutely should be stripped.

Top Bottom