• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's entirely the fault of City, really? Our record signing cost £35m LESS than Pogba and Lukaku, £146m less than Neymar.

Ferguson broke the transfer record more times than any other manager in the top flight, paying £30m for players nearly TWENTY years ago.

I can assure you, our club still very much has a soul, and always will have, despite the bitterness from some quarters.
The why is your stadium empty every fecking week?

say yes

forum master baiter
Man United's expenditures were from money earned by the club, unlike Man City.

This City team is basically Guardiola playing real life Fm.

To an extent you're right, but Man United were also incredibly lucky than their period of success coincided with the explosion of the PL and football finance.

What Man City (and Chelsea) have done isn't pretty but **** it, nothing in the financial world of football is.

As a neutral observer to the title race these days, I certainly get much more pleasure from watching Guardiola play real life FM than people sucking off Mourinho's expensive bus parking routine.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
To an extent you're right, but Man United were also incredibly lucky than their period of success coincided with the explosion of the PL and football finance.

How much of it was luck and how much of it was brilliantly worked is debatable. But yes, their timing was spot on to cash in and build their brand./

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
They have always underachieved, they were handed a free stadium and a winning lottery ticket and they are still managing to underachieve.
They should be winning the league regularly and challenging Barca, Real etc, everyone wetting themselves because a £600m team beats Stoke.

nick gould

Re: thread title, I’d happily sell the club’s ‘soul’ (if you can even call swapping Kroenke for a ME sugar daddy that) for a squad and play style like City’s.
Me and all. Right now the way Arsenal are playing makes me feel like taking time off football for a year. Maybe meanwhile I would just watch City for entertainment. The guy knows his football and he doesn't keep it simple for his players. The way Delph moves infield and the centre backs spread out wide to receive the ball from the keeper, the constant interchanging of positions, the attempt to play total football takes some serious concentration and thorough preparation from the players and manager.

When did City win the league last time?

Spending over 100 millions every summer since then to get where they are now.

So if we stop ****ing around and start spending 100 millions every summer we may win the league after 4 years!

logic DC

City are great and their football is nice viewing but to say they play the best football since the invincibles is not accurate. I would argue that our team of 2008-2011 played slightly better football, the city team under Pellegrin were also fun to watch, also the United team of 2007, hell even that Chelsea team of 2009 were nice to watch with Deco and co even though it did look forced.

They have always underachieved, they were handed a free stadium and a winning lottery ticket and they are still managing to underachieve.
They should be winning the league regularly and challenging Barca, Real etc, everyone wetting themselves because a £600m team beats Stoke.
1. The stadium is NOT free, we pay Manchester City Council a set amount every year for it. It used to be a percentage of the attendance above the capacity of Maine Road for the first 12 years or so, but was renegotiated a while back, to the satisfaction of BOTH parties.

2. I'll agree we have underachieved but the reality is, it's not just us with that sort of spending power, therefore it's not as easy to dominate as it was once.

3. Who is wetting themselves? City are rightly getting plaudits for the football we are playing, just as you did in the days of Bergkamp, Henry, Overmars etc. etc. As for Barca, maybe you missed us beating them 3-1 last season, and it was only two years ago Real Madrid knocked us out the CL at the semi-final stage, by an aggregate score of 1-0.

When did City win the league last time?

Spending over 100 millions every summer since then to get where they are now.

So if we stop ****ing around and start spending 100 millions every summer we may win the league after 4 years!
2014, well, technically, Liverpool won it in April, but then Stevie Me slipped and we were awarded it.

Aevi

Hale End FC
They're taking the fun out of the league for me. I like the analogy of how Pep is playing real life FM, it's hit the nail on the head. They've spent an atrocious amount of money over the past couple years and basically get whoever the f*ck they want as a result, and that takes the challenge of managing a team away. X isn't good enough? Let's bin him and buy superstar Y for upwards of 50mil! It's no surprise to see them blowing teams away, it'd be a travesty for them to do anything less. Everyone else is left to battle among themselves with teams that have actual challenges to overcome.

It isn't nice seeing how they have affected the transfer market either. How it affects Arsenal aside, this just isn't good for the sport, it feels icky and wrong. When I think about just how much money is being thrown around and what that means, I want to vomit.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom