• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
C6ooN7rUwAASAmM.jpg

Im so glad that City finally lost that unbeaten run.

Its a timely reminder of how great the Invincibles were back then, especially now for the @A Lighter Shade of Blue and the rest of the Bluemoon brigade.
Really? You have a Robert Pires dive whilst losing at home to Portsmouth to thank for that.

It was also a lot easier back then, not so much competition.

Also, no City fan, player, or club official that I know of, ever said we would achieve a season unbeaten. Still, it's quite sweet that it gave Arsenal fans a reason to smile, you needed one, after all ;)

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Legality and fairness? Please explain, or will you admit you are talking bollocks again? I'm used to it with you, you let your hatred of City cloud nearly every comment you make about us, it's funny :D

Your support for City does the same thing. You know exactly what I'm talking about, but it's cool. Continue to avoid it.

You're literally going through every post in this thread and responding? You need a new hobby.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
We had a player sent off in the first ten minutes, what was your excuse at Old Trafford? :D

This was our line up.

1- Szczesney

2- Jenkinson

3- Traore

4- Djourou

5- Koscielny

6 - Coquelin (OX)

7- Rosicky

8- Ramsey

9- Van Persie ( Chamakh)

10- Arshavin

11- Walcott (Lansbury)

Bench: Miquel, Lansbury, OX, Chamakh and Ozyakup.

As you can see we had a very young and inexperienced team but, I'm not going to make an excuse because that sh!t should've never happened however, at least we were thrashed by the most successful club in the history of the premier league managed by the greatest British manager ever. but you lot were trashed by the motherfuck*ng Boro...:lol:

To be fair Boro were a proper Premier league team back then while you lot were the yo yo team.

Be grateful to Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

As you can see we had a very young and inexperienced team but, I'm not going to make an excuse because that sh!t should've never happened however, at least we were thrashed by the most successful club in the history of the premier league managed by the greatest British manager ever.
I think it's lovely the way fans of Liverpool, united and Arsenal hug together when trying to slate City, it shows how scared/bitter about us you all are. :D

Oh, and we do. We even have a banner up to say thanks, and not a dog in sight ;)

al-Ustaadh

Hey, guess what, it was investigated, and found to be fair value, despite the dinosaur moaning.

Next?
As I said, leave it to UEFA not to do anything about it. It's fitting that City was worried about FFP around that time and then all of the sudden you get this massive deal with Etihad. Given the date of the article, City hadn't even won their first EPL title yet, which raises further questions about why any company would fork over that kind of money to a club who did not have the record to provide any kind of profitable guarantees in the future. Clear bailout.

Last edited:
As I said, leave it to UEFA not to do anything about it. It's fitting that City was worried about FFP around that time and then all of the sudden you get this massive deal with Etihad. Given the date of the article, City hadn't even won their first EPL title yet, which raises further questions about why any company would fork over that kind of money to a club who did not have the record to provide any kind of profitable guarantees in the future. Clear bailout.
It's called planning ahead.

Keep sucking them lemons, lad.

M18CTID

This was our line up.

1- Szczesney

2- Jenkinson

3- Traore

4- Djourou

5- Koscielny

6 - Coquelin (OX)

7- Rosicky

8- Ramsey

9- Van Persie ( Chamakh)

10- Arshavin

11- Walcott (Lansbury)

Bench: Miquel, Lansbury, OX, Chamakh and Ozyakup.

As you can see we had a very young and inexperienced team but, I'm not going to make an excuse because that sh!t should've never happened however, at least we were thrashed by the most successful club in the history of the premier league managed by the greatest British manager ever. but you lot were trashed by the motherfuck*ng Boro...:lol:

To be fair Boro were a proper Premier league team back then while you lot were the yo yo team.

You won't find a City fan who isn't grateful to him.

The yo-yoing was several years before that to be fair. That season was our 6th in a row in the Premier League after Keegan took us back up in 2002 (in any case the yo-yoing is somewhat exaggerated - the most consecutive seasons we've spent outside the top flight is 4 between 1996 and 2000). We actually finished above 'Boro that season and were in and around the top 4 until well into the New Year but after we did the double over United at Old Trafford in early February we subsided pretty badly as rumours grew that Shinawatra (aka Doctor Death) was going to sack Sven at the end of the season. We lost 5 of the last 7 games. Funnily enough, of all the games I've attended and not attended over the past 3 decades, I'm gutted I wasn't at that 'Boro game as by all accounts our fans had a great time.

Incidentally, that 8-1 defeat wasn't our last competitive game before the takeover. That was our 3-0 win away at Sunderland on August 31st 2008. It's become something of an urban myth akin to Denis Law's backheel goal against United in '74 being his last piece of action in professional football when he actually went on to play for Scotland at the 1974 World Cup plus a couple of games for City in August of that year.

al-Ustaadh

City taking Chelsea's ideas to another level.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...l-group-ferran-soriano?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"That corporation is City Football Group (CFG). It already owns, or co-owns, six clubs on four continents, and the contracts of 240 male professional players and two dozen women. Hundreds more carefully picked teenagers and younger children who aspire to greatness play in CFG’s lower teams. The longterm ambition is huge. The company will trawl the world for players – shaping and polishing them in state-of-the-art academies and training facilities across several continents, selling them on or sending the best to the clubs it will own (and improve) in a dozen or so countries. Supplied and shielded by the vessels around it, the flagship of this new football flotilla – Manchester City FC – will continue its already startling rise to become the world’s greatest club."

Basically... City uses these clubs to identify players (or they identify them themselves). City then buys and loans them to said clubs. When the time comes to sell them, City makes the profit and it shows up in their financial records - not the said clubs since City owns the player (as well as the club in whole or partially) and is viewed as only loaning them.

I don't mind the idea of feeder clubs, but City is starting to present itself as a "too big to fail" financial institution that is making the game lopsided. I'm curious to see what happens in the future with all these professional players, i.e. how many cases get brought to court over contracts, etc. There's an element of City having too much control over players, since the player is ultimately stuck between two clubs that are in two different countries (it isn't like a normal loan, even though one club is supposed to be viewed as being involved).

Moreover, it showcases more financial doping by City. Massive amounts of money being spent by the corporation that owns City to buy other clubs so that City itself can benefit from this method. It's not just about buying players or for City to utilize said players in their actual starting XI.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom