• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don’t want to put too much weight on one performance, given that we were playing just before a World Cup today, the early kick off etc. But a lot of our players look absolutely ****ed, and I don’t see the squad depth that we’ve had in previous seasons. We desperately need a full back and a winger, but it’s unlikely we’ll get either of them in January.

We’ll lose more games this season so it’s just a question of how many Arsenal are going to lose.
We needed a worldy of a free kick to beat Leicester. We needed a softish last minute penalty against Fulham (granted, we played with 10 men and worked so hard) to win and we just got beaten by Brentford at home. That score could have been so much worse if not for 3 top saves by Ederson. We’ve taken 6 points from a possible 9. Whilst we all would have thought that “on paper” we should have taken 9, on performance, probably ended up with more than we deserved.

The blueprint is there for all to see over the last 3 matches. Opposition teams Get mass numbers behind the ball, play two defensive lines with little space between them, keep the majority of the defensive players within the width of the penalty box so as to create even more congestion and limit the space for City to play into.

They then break fast when the inevitable happens and city turn the ball over having pushed everyone forward/inside the opposition half. The amount of times in these matches where the opposition has had as many if not more players than us when they’re on the counter attack is alarming. This is exacerbated by the fact that we have very little pace.

It’s a really disappointing result to head into the World Cup break with. We could (will likely) be 5-points behind at the restart. Lots of football still to be played and I certainly won’t write this team off just yet. Let’s hope they come back firing for the back two thirds of the season.
Personally I think it’s pretty much evens between us and Arsenal this season, particularly if Arsenal can avoid injuries.

Arteta could easily blow up after a couple of losses, and it’s a fine line between looking ultra-committed on the touch line and looking like a bit of a ****. But you can’t deny that his team are playing for him and, critically, his team are having a proper go at the opposition, so they’re always going to score goals.

Since our sixth goal went in against United, we seem to have lost our impetus and aggression, and appear a bit lost. The goalless draws against dross like Dortmund and Copenhagen wouldn’t have happened in previous years.

I don’t want to put too much weight on one performance, given that we were playing just before a World Cup today, the early kick off etc. But a lot of our players look absolutely ****ed, and I don’t see the squad depth that we’ve had in previous seasons. We desperately need a full back and a winger, but it’s unlikely we’ll get either of them in January.

We’ll lose more games this season so it’s just a question of how many Arsenal are going to lose.
Not only did they deserve the win, it should have been a more flattering scoreline, Ederson kept us in it multiple times whilst we created next to nothing.

I've been saying for weeks we have just 3 match winners in our squad, kdb, Haaland and foden, it's not enough. Haaland can't do anything without the supply and we're heavily reliant on kdb for that, if he has a poor game like today, Where's the supply?
I don't have that feeling that this team is capable of going on a long winning run. This is a 85-90 point team at most. Let's see if that's going to be enough.
Weekend ruined ffs

I know we’ve got injuries there but we could really do with a solid settled back 4

Against top teams we need Walker Dias Stones Ake
Arsenals wide pace will cause us problems
How many Arse players are going to Qatar? Be interesting to see how they do tonight but I think they’ll be desperate for a 5 point gap
They won’t play like us today. If I were Arteta, I would have referred to our game in pre-match talk and say ‘that’s not how I want to end the league run before the world cup ‘.

the timing of the world cup and us being the first and early game made us a template on how not to approach the game this weekend.

Kev is our GOAT.. but he should be embarrassed to collect his wages after that

Who's this A-M poster?
5 POINTS CLEAR YOU MOTHER ****ING PLASTIC WANKERS!

GET IN!!!

COME ON YOU GUNNERS, LETS AVE IT

YOU BLUE NOSE WANKKEEEERS

UP THE ARSE!

WE GOT SUPER MIK ARTETA
HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED
TIERNEY AT THE BACK
GABBY IN ATTACK
WE'RE WINING THE ****ING LEAGUE

**** ATMSOPHERE, **** GROUND, CAN'T GIVE AWAY TICKETS, MANAGER HAS TO BEG FOR AN ATMSOPHERE FROM THE DELINQUENT MANCS

5 POINTS CLEAR!!!!

EASY EAY EASY
Silly ****. It’s obvious we’ll win the title because we almost always do, because despite one **** game today we‘re better than you ****ing **** wankers.

**** off back to wanking over photos of kids you skanky little prick.

Arsenal are the best team and playing better football, they have had a far harder run in

Were miles off and Arsenal are odds on to win on that basis

Arsenal don’t stroll around disinterested for 90 mins like today
I agree totally, Arsenal have played Sp**s, dippers, ****, Chelsea, but if you say on here Arsenal are a good side you get shouted down, called miserable, accused of not being a city fan, unless you sing from the hymn sheet people on here want you to, then you get slaughtered.
If we played them now they’d beat us. They’ve been the best team in the league so far.

Anyway let Arsenal, like Liverpool before them, think it's theirs - I still believe we will get 4 points in the two games which will probably decide the title.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

How many times these state club owners will get away with these type of sponsorship? What man city will do is will pay lot of money to hide the truth like they did with Uefa investigation.

Newcastle will basically do the same soon. PL are such awful organization how you thought it's great idea to let those guys own clubs.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
If he could just please win the CL this season and then **** right off to another league, and Argentina win the World Cup, like all of my big football problems minus my mid 30s back issues would be solved in one year.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If he could just please win the CL this season and then **** right off to another league, and Argentina win the World Cup, like all of my big football problems minus my mid 30s back issues would be solved in one year.
It’s cool bro. God Teta has his number. If he leaves then there might be unseen forces at work conspiring to take your God and install him at the Etihad.

Careful what you wish for…

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It’s cool bro. God Teta has his number. If he leaves then there might be unseen forces at work conspiring to take your God and install him at the Etihad.

Careful what you wish for…
Nah nah, that ain't happening, God(teta) is Good, he knows he must fulfill the Basque God prophecy at Arsenal first and win at least 5 CLs before he moves on. And if he started to consider it I will get my contacts in the basque footballing sphere moving to arrange a meeting and plead my case*, bringing @Riou** should any carnal favours be necessary to seal the deal.

*not actually kidding about this part 🤣 God teta thinking about leaving any time in the next few years would send me into a worse frenzy than my last 10 breakups combined, not ****ing around with that, I suffered enough in the latter years of Wenger and then only to have a glimmer of hope when we finally cut ties to have it ripped cruelly, savagely away with the announcement of The Basque Mark Hughes as his successor.

**did I do the Riou meme right?

(anyways I honestly don't worry about City at all, I think when he feels his cycle is over here--surely it will last at least the time of Pep's at City, probably more, I think, as he'll feel he came from a far deeper starting point and also had covid to reckon with--Barça, PSG, and la Real will be the three real clubs he'll consider, depending on their circumstances then)

Latest posts

Top Bottom