• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City’s Financial Doping

Malky

Established Member
This is my fear... they will probably get a spank and some point deduction, maybe a 6-month ban, but there is no way they will get relegated or expelled. They are just too big of a powerhouse in the country now, too little to late.
Was hoping yesterday that they'll be found guilty and kicked out the league. However, like you said, doing that is not in the Premier Leagues best interest.
They need to send a message to the likes of Chelsea and Newcastle, that there's consequences if they step out of line with FFP, but they'll not want to cut off their nose to spite their face and potentially jeopardize the massive wealth these owners bring to the league.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ngl I don’t give a f*** if it sounds good it sounds good. 🤣

edit: tbh it’s kind of different cos Thug put him on and changed his life. If his ‘YSL is a gang’ statement can be used against Thug in court then that’s mad snakey tbh. But his lawyers are saying it can’t be, if that’s true then it’s all good imo.

Facts. I just realised that Drip Season 3 was released like 5 years ago 😮 a lot of the tunes on there still bang to this day. Arguably his best work imo.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

These are from members that have 1k+ posts on their forum (this is not an analysis, it is minor information that these are not any trolls who just joined their forum).

Oh man most of them are silly. Some seem to be quite fearful about what this could mean, and no wonder if you look at what Oxeki shared, because this is a bigger case than what UEFA could do.

I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t care if we are guilty or not. The game has been rigged from the start. Constant rule changes introduced by the cartel to pressure Uefa/premier into taking action.

The CAS episode was shambolic and although we won we lost. The constant articles calling us cheats went into overdrive with no merit and no challenge. Govering bodies hiding behind the history boys waiting to do their bidding when required. Leaking and manipulating court findings to continue to damage the club. The media were gleefully weaponised against us,

So I say again, I don’t care what the club has or has not done in order to compete. I also don’t care who we have to go after to sort this out. The government, premier or indeed other teams. Get it sorted city by any means necessary.

So if we do have information on any of the ****s who have instigated this attack,get it out front and centre. I expect a robust response and not a few sentences in a club statement.

As for fans of other teams who are enjoying this orchestrated spectacle, you will never get the chance to enjoy the good fortune we had with the takeover.

Go after the red teams by stopping any Middle East “state” buying them.

A dirty war requires us to get into the gutter.

We are inevitable and we will succeed. Yesterday is gone, let’s start today on a positive agressive front.

Not guilty your honour-:)
Mate, I agree.

What other business are you not allowed to invest your own money in as you see fit, Football FFP is at best a clear restraint of trade and is in reality designed to keep about eight clubs in Europe earning all the money and sharing the various titles whilst under the pretence of a clean sport, the whole sport is corrupt run mainly by old men making millions for their corrupt rules.

But, City are where we are and it’s time to take off the gloves and come out fighting with everything at our disposal and put this corrupt **** organisation in its place once and for all…
I think the Twitter spaces chat was really helpful. It's bigger than I thought, so when people are saying relegation is a realistic outcome if found guilty they really mean that. The good news is the league realistically has to prove that we have knowingly and deliberately cooked the books at every level of the organization, that multiple parties have covered and lied about it, and that auditors and independent regulators of multiple companies have either been misled or failed to spot this. It's a huge set of claims that will need to be established, to the extent that even Stefan isn't sure that the premier league fully appreciate what they've set themselves up for. But if they can realistically demonstrate that this has been happening every season, year after year, then it's not a slap on the wrist.

Edit: from this chat, this line from CAS seems absolutely critical: if what the premier league are saying is true it would “mean that not only [Manchester City] lied to the [league] and UEFA, but also that accountancy firms such as BDO, Deloitte, Ernst & Young and AlixPartners […] were all misled". To which we might add and failed to identify that they were misled. This misleading isn't just within CFG, but in Etihad Airways and all the rest of the companies involved. It's very easy to sneer about this (ha ha, who is the Etihad owned by), but the implications are enormous in terms of geopolitical and business fallout for a three person panel to settle behind closed doors. You'd essentially be saying that half of the big four auditors and multiple organizations around the world have failed to spot City's wrongdoing and/or are complicit in their coverup. Big, international, mainstream businesses. It really is a huge claim.
After listening to that Twitter spaces it’s quite apparent that one of city or the premier league are going to have some serious damage done to them.

My biggest fear is that a whistle blower has come forward hence the premier league being so bullish with all these charges. If we are found guilty of the breaches then I honestly don’t see a way the current owners can continue running the club, it would surely lead to a criminal investigation and possible arrests for some directors at the club. The allegations are that serious. Madness.
If it was one or two allegations I wouldn’t lose sleep. It’s the fact that the premier league are saying that for 9 ****ing years we’ve been providing false accounts etc it’s just mental. Faith in the club but this is going to linger on and on don’t see any positives.
Yep, it really is a frightening prospect. If the most serious of these charges stick we will have been charged with essentially whole scale fraudulent accounting, which would bring potential criminal proceedings from a multitude of parties. Including those who have audited them & HMRC.

Then there are the parties you’ve listed from football alone. The club will be ruined it it is unable to defend themselves here it’s that serious.
I don't think people realise how serious this is and you've highlighted just a few of the implications of us losing.

Clubs can sue US for a multitude of things. Even the fans could sue the club as we invested thousands of pounds and emotion supporting them, all for nothing because the club broke the rules meaning it was all worthless.

Make no mistake this is the biggest challenge the club has ever faced since it's formation.
So when we have dragged the PL through the courts and won where does that leave football in the UK ? Hopefully in a better position than it is now. This whole corrupt regime needs sorting out once and for all, and if it's City that needs to bring it down then so be it. We need to go for the jugular and keep slashing until this biased corrupt organisation is shown for what it is, institutionally corrupt .
Time we went after each individual that is behind this take down. Let’s get dirty city.

Go after what they care about most.

Start with Fenway.
Absolutely nailed the madness of it all
In no other sphere of business would investing in your asset be seen as a crime
No…. Because Arsenal have always been at it…
Jealous of Northern towns winning leagues and cups.
Arsenal have probably punished every northern team under the guise of being the FA

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Is there any chance that City will be facing Expulsion from the comp or am I hoping for a bit too much at this stage haha? If they do out of interest, what is going to happen to half their current players?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That one from BlueMoon is funny.

Aguero basically confirmed in a stream that apart from his "legal" salary, he was getting what he called "UAE construction assets" on the side.

This is why the Rangers story is highly relevant. Players and management getting side payments. If that's true about Aguero and we've heard the same about Mancini its reasonably likely others were being paid in this way. That's where Rangers completely unravelled.

And the point about where they go is highly relevant. A new club was created and entered into a division it shouldn't have been entered into. Even if City survive the financial fall out I cannot see many EFL clubs be happy about City being placed into a division with them. It was the same argument against bringing Celtic and Rangers to England - parachuting them into a division would be unfair on those below and within the division.

If found guilty its very hard to see where they go but it will not just be a points deduction or transfer ban.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
These are from members that have 1k+ posts on their forum (this is not an analysis, it is minor information that these are not any trolls who just joined their forum).

Oh man most of them are silly. Some seem to be quite fearful about what this could mean, and no wonder if you look at what Oxeki shared, because this is a bigger case than what UEFA could do.
I really miss the facepalm emoji for some of these

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Reading the blue moon comments re auditors im reminded of the PWC - BT Italy case. PWC were fined over 2 million for audit failures. The idea that large auditors do not make mistakes or apply proper scrutiny isn't one that really stands up. In this case PWC missed 500m in accounting fraud.

Edit.
Also PWC have a history of fines for failures. Im only picking on PWC as i was offered a job there and turned them down and know of this case.

A quick Google shows other firms like KPMG were fined over 20m for failings with total fines for firms coming in over 46m.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I’m sure Arsenal are one of the clubs that would love to see City going down but the claims that we’re destroying them under the guise of the FA is laughable to me. I don’t think the FA has any love for us.

Hope this absolutey wrecks City and Chelsea are next.

Hjalmaar

I hope they get relegated to fourth tier and hit with a decade long transfer ban. But not until next season. I want us to win this league and beat the cheating ****ers without any doubt of who deserves it.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The absolute cheek

572-C5186-A58-B-4-B21-8-E0-C-986-E855-F5724.jpg

Bloodbather

Established Member

Apparantly, we're among "the big three". I rather liked that. Spotter's badge for that call.
We clearly are. It's United, Liverpool and Arsenal when it comes to fandom in English football. City and Chelsea could buy their way into success, but not likability.

Uncle Good-Advice

Deduct these ****s double figure points already, we all want to see an Arsenal v United title fight anyway...

...need these days back @Juan Matas Beard
Great clip reflecting on old enemies. It may not be a popular opinion but we've had a thuggish side in our team as well and United knew it. Rivalry was fierce but none of those tackles were particularly nasty imho as if all the players knew that if you cross the line you will be punished very quickly the same way. It was more like a clash of alpha males.

Obviously I had a very different view on this matter back in the day :D

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think people are deluding themselves. The pl is not gonna relegate anyone. That could lead to more clubs being relegated. If guilty they will get huge fine

Latest posts+

Top Bottom