• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City’s Financial Doping

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
@MikelHadADream some more stories for you mate

Bertie wrote

"Met this Rag at the bus stop this morning, he was wearing a full zebra kit, despite it snowing in Stockport. Had a big grin on face when he saw my City hat. I enquired if he had something to say. Turned out he wasn't even from Manchester, the cockney cnut. He said, "Manchester is red." I asked him if he could find Manchester on a map, and all the people at the bus stop starting laughing, then the bus came and he stepped into a massive puddle, and his zebra shorts fell down and everyone cheered, including the bus driver who drove off without letting him get on. Proper made my day it did."

Liked by Kaz7, LongsightM13, Prestwich Blue, Tolmies Hairdoo
ancoats wrote,

"Was coming back from the vets with my racing pigeon, when this fat Rag in zebra trousers, was coming out of Maccy D's. He was inhaling a big mac, you should have seen the state of him. He looked at my pigeon and said summat, but I don't understand cockney, so I said to him, "I know you lot like your dodgy meat, but this is a 500 quid racing pigeon, so feck off back to London, and eat swamp rats, you fat cnut." Should have seen his face. Then he dropped his fries in a puddle and everyone cheered. Even my pigeon let out a whoop. I've been tugging away at myself ever since."

Liked by waspish, Kaz7, ric, manimanc, Colin Bells boots, Spanish Bob

"I was in the pub minding my own business when this rag with a cockney accent walked over and said 'looks like your crooked club is going to be relegated to the lower leagues. Wonder if Pep will still want to manage you when you're playing the likes of Scarborough every week. I said 'yeah, I'll see you in the lower leagues next season when you're back supporting FC United of Manchester after Ten Hag loses a few games'. The bartenders laughed as the rag walked away with an embarrassed look on his face. The lads sat at the table next to me said 'you sure put him in his place pal', then they bought me and mates a round of drinks. Just goes to show how the Premier League can sanction us as much as we like but this will forever be our city".

"I was in the gym, benchpressing 100kg as I always do, when some Rag walked over, tapped me on the shoulder and tried explaining to me that Rashford actually wasn't interfering with play. He thought he'd won the argument and walked over to the rowing machine to start his workout. Shortly afterwards, I started distracting him by jumping over the rowing machine, he took his earphones out and asked me 'what the hell are you doing?!'... I quipped back with: 'judging by your logic mate, I'm not interfering with what you're doing'. A group of guys around us burst into laughter and patted me on the back. 5 minutes later, the Rag left the gym out of embarrassment".

"Was driving the fork lift at work, and the shift leader who is an armchair rag, put up this big MUFC flag up at the office window. He's never been to a match in his life, dunt even come from Manchester. He's from Warrington, near London. He was giving it the Billy Big Bollix in the canteen. He chirped up, "Have they found Haaland yet, he's been missing since Saturday." Quick as a flash I said, "How the fcuk would you know? The last time you set foot inside Old Trafford, Remi Moses was ankle deep in a swamp. And Martin Edwards was peeping under toilet cubicles." Everyone in the canteen cheered and he sloped off back to his office with his tail between his legs. Haven't seen him since."
And then the entire country clapped in unison.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Bertie wrote

"Met this Rag at the bus stop this morning, he was wearing a full zebra kit, despite it snowing in Stockport. Had a big grin on face when he saw my City hat. I enquired if he had something to say. Turned out he wasn't even from Manchester, the cockney cnut. He said, "Manchester is red." I asked him if he could find Manchester on a map, and all the people at the bus stop starting laughing, then the bus came and he stepped into a massive puddle, and his zebra shorts fell down and everyone cheered, including the bus driver who drove off without letting him get on. Proper made my day it did."

ancoats wrote,

"Was coming back from the vets with my racing pigeon, when this fat Rag in zebra trousers, was coming out of Maccy D's. He was inhaling a big mac, you should have seen the state of him. He looked at my pigeon and said summat, but I don't understand cockney, so I said to him, "I know you lot like your dodgy meat, but this is a 500 quid racing pigeon, so feck off back to London, and eat swamp rats, you fat cnut." Should have seen his face. Then he dropped his fries in a puddle and everyone cheered. Even my pigeon let out a whoop. I've been tugging away at myself ever since."

"I was in the pub minding my own business when this rag with a cockney accent walked over and said 'looks like your crooked club is going to be relegated to the lower leagues. Wonder if Pep will still want to manage you when you're playing the likes of Scarborough every week. I said 'yeah, I'll see you in the lower leagues next season when you're back supporting FC United of Manchester after Ten Hag loses a few games'. The bartenders laughed as the rag walked away with an embarrassed look on his face. The lads sat at the table next to me said 'you sure put him in his place pal', then they bought me and mates a round of drinks. Just goes to show how the Premier League can sanction us as much as we like but this will forever be our city".

"I was in the gym, benchpressing 100kg as I always do, when some Rag walked over, tapped me on the shoulder and tried explaining to me that Rashford actually wasn't interfering with play. He thought he'd won the argument and walked over to the rowing machine to start his workout. Shortly afterwards, I started distracting him by jumping over the rowing machine, he took his earphones out and asked me 'what the hell are you doing?!'... I quipped back with: 'judging by your logic mate, I'm not interfering with what you're doing'. A group of guys around us burst into laughter and patted me on the back. 5 minutes later, the Rag left the gym out of embarrassment".

"Was driving the fork lift at work, and the shift leader who is an armchair rag, put up this big MUFC flag up at the office window. He's never been to a match in his life, dunt even come from Manchester. He's from Warrington, near London. He was giving it the Billy Big Bollix in the canteen. He chirped up, "Have they found Haaland yet, he's been missing since Saturday." Quick as a flash I said, "How the fcuk would you know? The last time you set foot inside Old Trafford, Remi Moses was ankle deep in a swamp. And Martin Edwards was peeping under toilet cubicles." Everyone in the canteen cheered and he sloped off back to his office with his tail between his legs. Haven't seen him since."

These have to be parody.... right?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bertie wrote

ancoats wrote,

If you find any more of these mate keep them coming 😂

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I once met a Sp**s fan and when I told him the Community Shield was clear of the Audi Cup his head exploded with my facts and logic. Everyone clapped and Sydney Sweeney asked me out but I turned her down because I was already dating Jorja Smith.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It was’t exactly difficult to beat Johnson’s government or UEFA in a competent court - I imagine Joe Royle posed a far sterner challenge…

He is brilliant but fyi even brilliance has its limitations.

Another Beany factoid - his wife used to work for my then law firm, in my team, back in the day…

The irony off having to retain a lawyer called Pannick...

El Duderino

You, who obviously are a real expert, should call in and tell the truth about the inner workings of the EU so that the uneducated fools who voted for Brexit learn something. Or you should understand that this thread is not about your hatred of people who don't share your love for the EU.
We get it: You are better and smarter than the people who supported Brexit but thats off topic here.

:lol:

This forum is somehow free.

El Duderino

This is the thing in England, winning leagues or cups doesn't make you a big club here. It's much more than that.

Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are the elite clubs in English football. They have been for a long time and will be for a long time. It's the history, their status, they are synonymous with the English game at the top level.

Liverpool didn't do much in the 90's but even then they were a much bigger club than Man City are now.

If Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal win a trophy it's a big deal here. If Man City or to a lesser extent Chelsea do it's a shrug of the shoulders. It doesn't mean anywhere near as much.

It's probably where some of the resentment comes from for the Man City fans, no matter how much they spend or what they win they just won't be looked at as being on the same level as those 3 clubs.

It's just the football culture in this country.

But does most of the money come from abroad?

You're not wrong on you're overall point, but the PL/FA will look beyond just the domestic market.

Just look at how they treat match going fans when they need to reschedule games...

Sky et. al., will pander to the domestic market via pundits, but their execs are probably dreading city getting a deduction or Europe ban.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
But does most of the money come from abroad?

You're not wrong on you're overall point, but the PL/FA will look beyond just the domestic market.

Just look at how they treat match going fans when they need to reschedule games...

Sky et. al., will pander to the domestic market via pundits, but their execs are probably dreading city getting a deduction or Europe ban.

I believe overseas rights deals overtook domestic rights deals in the past year or so. I think it's about £5bn to £5.2bn or something like that.

I don't know that would really affect any overseas deal in the future though. Are the Chinese or US markets going to be concerned about Man City getting kicked out of the PL? I wouldn't think so.

The PL could spin it in a positive light anyway, I would think. Rooting out corruption, harsh sanctions against offenders. PL the least corrupt in the world etc.

It's not like I could see Man City being kicked out of the PL overnight. I imagine this whole process will take a fair while, if not years.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Super league isn't happening
It is happening. Rest of Europe is getting really fed up with pl basically becoming super league with its money. Isolate Man City and you got the first team to be open to it. The likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool with its American owners would 100% be for it

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
It is happening. Rest of Europe is getting really fed up with pl basically becoming super league with its money. Isolate Man City and you got the first team to be open to it. The likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool with its American owners would 100% be for it
Disagree strongly. Super league doesn't happen without british clubs and they were the first to back out after the backlash during covid. That was their best chance and that's why they tried it.

British clubs have it good. Upsetting the status quo for something that leaves them poorer just doesn't make sense.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think people are deluding themselves. The pl is not gonna relegate anyone. That could lead to more clubs being relegated. If guilty they will get huge fine
No way, they are getting multi year transfer ban at the least. As a prosecutor in any case you don’t charge someone with being John Gotti then let him off with picking up trash on Saturdays a few times. They are a dead club walking in hear and mid term. A fine to the sheik would be seen as public capitulations and an invitation for both City and Newcastle yo cheat at will. I am a former criminal defense lawyer. What you ate claiming would be that Premier league tarnish its own brand then bow and e before City? You’re conclusion is completely wrong, trust me i hot years of reading indictments yo know when someone is royally fecked.

Let’s bet your moniker that it is only a fine. I am saying transfer ban at minimum

Farzad Stoned

I told you guys this as soon as story broke, no big players will sign with them anything but a short term over priced deal if lucky. It is not in their interest this drags out. They will be defacto frozen out of any big buys from now on

Farzad Stoned

Seems the 15 of 20 hurdle for relegation is not going to be an issue. I was staking out a middle of the road position of lengthy transfer ban; but now if this article is true relegation is the MINIMUM being discussed with several wanting expulsion from football league meaning they will be playing Ryan Reynold’s team for promotion to League 2 lol.

Top Bottom