• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A Bald Fraud's Chester City

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Super Jack v the Chinese language, match comp...

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Best thing I’ve seen in while lol. The way his eyes just go dull as if she’s asking him to solve a complex equation he cant begin to comprehend.
:lol: :lol:
Imagine if that was Paul Merson

TornadoTed

Established Member

Pep wants things resolved quickly, I don't believe that it is anything to do with being innocent and wanting to move on for one moment.

This has to be either to distract from the stories of City trying to drag it out over several years and smother the case with bureaucracy or because they are fearful that given time the Premier League could build a strong case against them.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pep wants things resolved quickly, I don't believe that it is anything to do with being innocent and wanting to move on for one moment.

This has to be either to distract from the stories of City trying to drag it out over several years and smother the case with bureaucracy or because they are fearful that given time the Premier League could build a strong case against them.

These guys are full of so much ****.

If you want it dealt with as soon as possible then maybe tell your clubs lawyers to stop kicking the case into the long grass by questioning who certain people support and challenging timeframes ect. If you’re innocent then prove it.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli

Did the lawyer instruct Pep to say this? Lol

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Best is the part:

A two-year ban from European competitions for breaching Uefa's Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations was overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) in 2020, but City were fined 10m euros (£8.67m) for obstructing the investigation.

Pep in this matter is just talking ****! No way City will not do everything they can to bury this. They are guilty of course, but they will do everything to avoid any consequences that actually hurt like point deduction, having trophies taken away or relegation.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
On some level he must know City are not above ground. The first football club in history who have an 'army of lawyers'. Why does a football club need an 'army of lawyers'? Tabacco companies have an 'army of lawyers' because deep down they know what they are doing is harmful and need to defend themselves in court. Having an 'army of lawyers' is a subconscious admission of improper conduct.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Oh I understand, Haaland may beat Thierry Henry's record of number of goals scored within a season, however, Henry was much more skilled and more of an allround player, whereas most of Haalands goals were easy tap in's. Thierry Henry probably made a few more assists then haaland anyway.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Haaland is on fraud watch imo. 2 major finals and he did nothing in them. He did nothing in the semifinals aswell. But of course 52 goals is a great achievement but 8 of those goals was penalty goals and 3 was scored against a team from a lower division. He is not the best player in the world. And City is definitely not the best team ever.

SuperMikel

Not bothered about it. Not like the Liverpool and United fans are anyway. Got to laugh at those Mancs though. They wanted City to win the league over us & now City have done the treble and made the 99 season less unique. I couldn't ever comprehend supporting Sp**s over Man United if those two were ever in a title race, yet some Man United fans were willing on City over us. Also elevates the Invincibles as an unbeaten season is still unique, whereas the treble has been duplicated.

I think this means Pep has signed his last contract at City. He was won the CL & now I can see him wanting to get out before any **** flares up with the cheat charges. He isnt 'City through and though', he is a Barcelona man who has been hired by City, so I LOL at the notion he would want to stick around and 'fight the charges'.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm certainly not ready to call Pep the greatest manager ever but he's definitely up there. The reality of it is that while he hasn't shown he can build something truly from the ground up, very few do. The best chefs are not cooking with sticks, they're using the best tools available to them and so while certainly it helps to have endless money to buy the best talent, you still need to do something and he's done some of his best work this season, even if they probably should have lost today.

SuperMikel

I'm certainly not ready to call Pep the greatest manager ever but he's definitely up there. The reality of it is that while he hasn't shown he can build something truly from the ground up, very few do. The best chefs are not cooking with sticks, they're using the best tools available to them and so while certainly it helps to have endless money to buy the best talent, you still need to do something and he's done some of his best work this season, even if they probably should have lost today.

Compare to what Jurgen Klopp did. Liverpool were 6th when he took over and slowly but steadily, he built them up and competed directly with Man City with inferior resources. The edge Pep had over Klopp was the Sovreign wealth fund that gives him unlimited money - which in football manager, is a cheat.

I still think Pep is spoiled and there are serious allegations that he has had unfair advantages over rivals. Whether is was referee payments in Barcelona, or financial malpractice at City.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Compare to what Jurgen Klopp did. Liverpool were 6th when he took over and slowly but steadily, he built them up and competed directly with Man City with inferior resources. The edge Pep had over Klopp was the Sovreign wealth fund that gives him unlimited money - which in football manager, is a cheat.

I still think Pep is spoiled and there are serious allegations that he has had unfair advantages over rivals. Whether is was referee payments in Barcelona, or financial malpractice at City.
Yeah I think Klopp's CL and title were definitely more impressive in full context. Was he extremely lucky that Barcelona lost their f*cking minds with the Countinho transfer? Definitely. Still he definitely had to do a bit more than Pep in order to achieve what he's achieved. As far as the referee payments at Barca, I mean maybe but that team really didn't need much help and the quality of the football was undeniable. What's taken place at City is repulsive though, I agree.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Fergie's Aberdeen, Arsène's Arsenal, Klopp's Dortmund & Mourinho's Porto/Inter & Ranieri's Leicester achievements will always be greater than anything he can muster.

He's a great manager, but a chequebook one nontheless.

Had he won the CL with Bayern (which was his only job) I would consider him up there.

Tnegs

It’s not just about money is it look at the shambles that is Chelsea and United. If Pep had landed at Utd they would be dominant now in the league. It’s true that he only manages the biggest clubs with big resources but I don’t see how that is something to criticize him over. If someone was consistently wanted by the likes of Apple, Microsoft and Tesla as CEO you would look at that as an indicator of his capabilities instead of saying he wasn’t anything special because he hadnt proven that he could manage your local Chinese takeaway.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom