• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Ignoring the leaked lies by jealous Arsenal fans.....

Pep is such a classy manager, unlike Emery's antics on the touchline

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think you were the one doing the mocking tbf:
Untitled.jpg
Being honest I think you, I (probably mutable) and GDeep were the only ones who’ve rated Sterling from day one.

GDeep was tongue in cheek about Sterling being better than Alexis, it was just his way of rating him. I remember the days when we were in the minority for rating Sterling above Ox.:lol:

That Man City transfer is a perfect transfer for him, one of the best transfers in recent history, both parties have greatly benefitted. Wish he had chosen us all those years ago, but tbh if he left Liverpool he would have left us too.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The guy is such a blatant liar. It's always been a clear strategy of his sides to stop transitions by fouling opposition players to allow them to get back into position. The thing is his sides often get away with it without yellow cards which means they get to commit more fouls before they're actually punished. Since day one at Barca it's been a strategy of his sides.

Dm_C0fwXcAUN1ce.jpg

Dm_C1RPW4AIQLI7.jpg

See I'd have no problem with this but I do for a couple of reasons. 1. The narrative that his teams play beautiful free flowing football and he's the opposite to someone like Mourinho who's all about stopping opposition through sometimes illegal means and 2. he gets away with it because of the narrative that his teams aren't dirty and the fact that he's exclusively managed big clubs with big star players who aren't seen as dirty players. David Silva for example is the master at tripping up players yet how often does he get punished for it? If you deliberately stop a break, it should be an automatic yellow card with absolutely not exception. For City it seems like they can do it till eventually the ref books them due to accumulation.

He's a lot more like Mourinho than people realise. Again I'd have no problem with it but it's the narrative that he's some kind of tactical football mastermind who gets his teams to be successful through his ideas on the ball and just his pressing off the ball and different system, etc. But the fouling is a MASSIVE, (and I mean that MASSIVE) part to the success of his teams. That and having a lot of world class players helps. But it's certainly what helps set him apart from others.

What's also funny is there's now a generation of young managers who'll copy Guardiola's systems, tactics, ideas, philosophy without actually acknowledging one of the key components to his success over the last decade or so.

In the amazon documentary Arteta was literally telling the attackers to make sure they fouled players to stop transitions, he didn't say win the ball back, he said foul them. They know they get away with it.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

The guy is such a blatant liar. It's always been a clear strategy of his sides to stop transitions by fouling opposition players to allow them to get back into position. The thing is his sides often get away with it without yellow cards which means they get to commit more fouls before they're actually punished. Since day one at Barca it's been a strategy of his sides.

Dm_C0fwXcAUN1ce.jpg

Dm_C1RPW4AIQLI7.jpg

See I'd have no problem with this but I do for a couple of reasons. 1. The narrative that his teams play beautiful free flowing football and he's the opposite to someone like Mourinho who's all about stopping opposition through sometimes illegal means and 2. he gets away with it because of the narrative that his teams aren't dirty and the fact that he's exclusively managed big clubs with big star players who aren't seen as dirty players. David Silva for example is the master at tripping up players yet how often does he get punished for it? If you deliberately stop a break, it should be an automatic yellow card with absolutely not exception. For City it seems like they can do it till eventually the ref books them due to accumulation.

He's a lot more like Mourinho than people realise. Again I'd have no problem with it but it's the narrative that he's some kind of tactical football mastermind who gets his teams to be successful through his ideas on the ball and just his pressing off the ball and different system, etc. But the fouling is a MASSIVE, (and I mean that MASSIVE) part to the success of his teams. That and having a lot of world class players helps. But it's certainly what helps set him apart from others.

What's also funny is there's now a generation of young managers who'll copy Guardiola's systems, tactics, ideas, philosophy without actually acknowledging one of the key components to his success over the last decade or so.

In the amazon documentary Arteta was literally telling the attackers to make sure they fouled players to stop transitions, he didn't say win the ball back, he said foul them. They know they get away with it.
I’ve always said, and not on AM, that the base of Pep’s style of play is strategic fouling - everything else goes from there. It’s so obvious. For all the pretty football, it’s built on making sure the opposition can do nothing with the ball when they do have it.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Seriously, I would not only claim a ban for 2 years from the CL is a must but rather a relegation to second league for both, PSG and City. You need to make a statement such this does not happen again and again. With such a penalty, anyone will certainly think twice before trying.

Sadly, everything within the FIFA and UEFA is so rotten to the core that probably nothing but a financial joke fines will happen :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pep saying “I would never ask a player to foul someone” is just insulting everyone’s intelligence frankly.

Anyway, was there ever such a boring really good team as this City team? They’re really good, but just, so boring.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Anyway, was there ever such a boring really good team as this City team? They’re really good, but just, so boring.

Not even close to some Guardiola, Mourinho and Ferguson teams of the past. Just the pace at which they play the game makes them exciting, I can name countless good teams that I find more boring.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Not even close to some Guardiola, Mourinho and Ferguson teams of the past. Just the pace at which they play the game makes them exciting, I can name countless good teams that I find more boring.

Each to their own. I just find them to be an incredibly high-functioning team with zero personality. Spent the most money, hired the best coach and are successfully achieving their objectives...it has all the drama and intrigue of a state-of-the-art elevator.

ThlRama

Each to their own. I just find them to be an incredibly high-functioning team with zero personality. Spent the most money, hired the best coach and are successfully achieving their objectives...it has all the drama and intrigue of a state-of-the-art elevator.

Has to be said that their football under Pellegrini was much, much more attractive, but I think you are taking this to the extreme.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Has to be said that their football under Pellegrini was much, much more attractive, but I think you are taking this to the extreme.

Maybe, I am a football fan after all. I hated the great Utd teams and I despised the great Chelsea teams, but I don’t particularly hate this City team at all. I feel almost nothing for them actually. I imagine many others feel similarly and I think that’s a measure of how little cultural impact this City team will have overall despite their impressive achievements.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Maybe, I am a football fan after all. I hated the great Utd teams and I despised the great Chelsea teams, but I don’t particularly hate this City team at all. I feel almost nothing for them actually. I imagine many others feel similarly and I think that’s a measure of how little cultural impact this City team will have overall despite their impressive achievements.
I've said it time and time again. They have no soul.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom