• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Genuinely flabbergasted by that. I mean you suspect it’s going on but to see the detail and the degree of it all, it’s m*dness. 8m from the airline with 53m from the sheikh for example.

What does this say about the last decade of the PL and the integrity of the competition? Where did the De Bruyne money come from for example? Does anyone even care? Fair enough we haven’t been competing this past decade, but we also haven’t had nonchalant 50m injections from our owner, we’ve had precisely zilch from our owner.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Prior to the oil money City were actually a very well supported club & probably more people in Manchester supported them than UTD. Correct me if I'm wrong there please.

What this all highlights is the cheating that we've always suspected has been going on from day 1.

Pep's team still play great football imo but could they play that style & win without busting millions on the best players in world football - doubt it.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Another interesting take on the issue at hand:

https://shewore.com/2018/11/06/manchester-city-e2-7bn-doping-and-why-it-is-good-for-football/

Manchester City €2.7bn doping – and why it is good for football

Many will disagree with me, but I have no real issue with Sheikh Mansour pumping his billions into Manchester City.

It is his money, he has legally earn it. Why should be restricted as to how he spends it?

The important thing for me is that once he has given the money to Manchester City – whether it be through gifts or sponsorship – that money then becomes Manchester City’s.

Another interesting take on the issue at hand:

https://shewore.com/2018/11/06/manchester-city-e2-7bn-doping-and-why-it-is-good-for-football/

Manchester City €2.7bn doping – and why it is good for football

Many will disagree with me, but I have no real issue with Sheikh Mansour pumping his billions into Manchester City.

It is his money, he has legally earn it. Why should be restricted as to how he spends it?

The important thing for me is that once he has given the money to Manchester City – whether it be through gifts or sponsorship – that money then becomes Manchester City’s.

What idiot wrote this? He legally earns money but then there is no problem with breaking the law and rules the football has?

Prior to the oil money City were actually a very well supported club & probably more people in Manchester supported them than UTD. Correct me if I'm wrong there please.

What this all highlights is the cheating that we've always suspected has been going on from day 1.

Pep's team still play great football imo but could they play that style & win without busting millions on the best players in world football - doubt it.

Well I'm a City supporter and I've attended games regularly since I was 11 in 1971.
My view is that FFP was a construct brought about by a small number of so called 'elite' clubs exerting their muscle to protect their own vested interests.
City complied with the FFP rules as they were, then, after City's accounts were published, the rules were changed and City called in their lawyers. Knowning full well that City's defence would succeed in court, a very fair settlement was quickly reached.
So, vested interest group tries to manipulate the financial playing field of European football - said evil group saw that it's evil plans were failing so changed their already unjust rules - said group then suddenly **** themselves when they realise that there wasn't a court that would support them outside of South America and a grovelling compromise ensued with City taking a token fine to save the face of the establishment.
Meanwhile; All the clubs that had themselves benefitted from investment out of kilter with other clubs historically continue to whinge like smacked kids / English football goes up another notch as competition increases / football becomes a more beautiful game / the cream of young foreign talent floods into the uk to train at the best facilities in world football / the working folk of East Manchester see the huge investments in infrastructure bring jobs and prosperitity / racist bigots get excited by Arab folk investing in the UK while preferring American investment in total oblivion of the fact that the USA (a country formed out of the genocide of the native american peoples) is the largest cause of death by military intervention on the planet.

Yeah . . so I'm cool with it innit :)

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Just thinking it speaks volumes about my hatred of Sp**s, Liverpool, Yanited and Chelsea that I probably still prefer a team financially doping, managed by a drug cheat and dependant on deliberate fouling to win the league.
And that's before any human rights argument.

I think because everyone knows it's a joke, I don't really count it, imagine Sp**s or Liverpool winning the league we'd never hear the end of it.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not a fan of Pep & the owners but hard to get worked up about breaking FFP. Bullshit scheme in the first place for all the wrong reasons.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well I'm a City supporter and I've attended games regularly since I was 11 in 1971.
My view is that FFP was a construct brought about by a small number of so called 'elite' clubs exerting their muscle to protect their own vested interests.
City complied with the FFP rules as they were, then, after City's accounts were published, the rules were changed and City called in their lawyers. Knowning full well that City's defence would succeed in court, a very fair settlement was quickly reached.
So, vested interest group tries to manipulate the financial playing field of European football - said evil group saw that it's evil plans were failing so changed their already unjust rules - said group then suddenly **** themselves when they realise that there wasn't a court that would support them outside of South America and a grovelling compromise ensued with City taking a token fine to save the face of the establishment.
Meanwhile; All the clubs that had themselves benefitted from investment out of kilter with other clubs historically continue to whinge like smacked kids / English football goes up another notch as competition increases / football becomes a more beautiful game / the cream of young foreign talent floods into the uk to train at the best facilities in world football / the working folk of East Manchester see the huge investments in infrastructure bring jobs and prosperitity / racist bigots get excited by Arab folk investing in the UK while preferring American investment in total oblivion of the fact that the USA (a country formed out of the genocide of the native american peoples) is the largest cause of death by military intervention on the planet.

Yeah . . so I'm cool with it innit :)

That’s all great but what about the fact that UEFA has looked the other way with you and PSG with FFP? If anything FFP has really hamstrung mid level clubs like Roma who’ve tried to move to the next level.

Nice whataboutism about American owners there as well. Saying all criticism of your owners is bigoted when they’re using your club as a laundromat for your money is laughable.

Shambles of a post.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’ve always said, and not on AM, that the base of Pep’s style of play is strategic fouling - everything else goes from there. It’s so obvious. For all the pretty football, it’s built on making sure the opposition can do nothing with the ball when they do have it.
I found out about this last season when it turned out they had the most fouls of any team when adjusted for possession. Pep is probably laughing at the fact it took them so long to question him about it.

It makes you wonder what the referee association does all day. You would think that any ref about to officiate a city game would be told something along the lines ‘they commit a lot of tactical fouls remember this’.

It’s ridiculous when you think about how they get away with it but the players disguise it well. They’re told to foul almost immediately regardless of if it’s a dangerous break so a lot of the time it just looks like little David Silva lost the ball and was simply over eager with the press. This looks a lot more innocent than letting the attack develop and then making a foul.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I found out about this last season when it turned out they had the most fouls of any team when adjusted for possession. Pep is probably laughing at the fact it took them so long to question him about it.

It makes you wonder what the referee association does all day. You would think that any ref about to officiate a city game would be told something along the lines ‘they commit a lot of tactical fouls remember this’.

It’s ridiculous when you think about how they get away with it but the players disguise it well. They’re told to foul almost immediately regardless of if it’s a dangerous break so a lot of the time it just looks like little David Silva lost the ball and was simply over eager with the press. This looks a lot more innocent than letting the attack develop and then making a foul.
And they can also get away with more obvious fouls in the bigger games because the refs never want to kill those games with cheap yellow cards on break away opportunities, etc. It's infuriating.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think the supporters that were around during Pep's Barca period knew this too . They were utterly superb in the dark arts . They'd foul subtly without the ball and then go down like a wet bag in 50/50's .

Latest posts

Top Bottom