• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
There's no chance in hell we're competing with City any time soon. Perhaps anytime in my life.

Nothing lasts forever. Sure after Pep they’ll get a good coach, but there are no guarantees. What’s more good squads can underperform for many reasons. They won’t be this good every season, somebody else will win the league sooner or later.

What’s for sure though is that as long as Abu Dhabi is interested in them they’ll be a force to be reckoned with. I suppose the flip side is that when you’re used by a rich person/group for an ulterior motive, you leave yourself vulnerable to sudden instability if that motive expires.

We now live in an era where the fate of the PL title is decided in part by what goes on in gulf politics, before that it was decided by events that took place in Russia in the 90’s. It’s all pretty weird.

*Having said all that...if you’re like 86 years old then yeah, we’re not competing with them in your lifetime.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Joint top scorer and leader in assist in the PL?
giphy.gif

HBL

Established Member
9-3 in fouls while they had 3/4 of the possession. So much for wanting open game play - so sick of that narrative from the Bald Fraud.
Don't have a massive problem with it tbh, most teams will encourage players to commit 'tactical fouls.' Firmino does it all the time for Liverpool.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Don't have a massive problem with it tbh, most teams will encourage players to commit 'tactical fouls.' Firmino does it all the time for Liverpool.
Most "tactical fouls" are in the open on a counter attack and deservedly receive a yellow card. That's not the kind of tactical fouls Pep has players commit - and the refs should do a better job of tracking that, adding them up, and giving out yellow cards. It's quite obvious how his system of play works, and it isn't about possession.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

When other teams commit tactical fouls they get punished for it, when City do it they usually receive a booking on the 5th or 6th foul (if even that) when in reality a deliberate foul to stop a counter attack (and believe me Citys fouls are deliberate) should be a yellow card without question. Yesterday City committed 9 fouls and didn't get a single booking.

I don't blame Pep or City, I blame the referees for not dishing out the appropriate punishment for it. Imagine how much it'd hinder City if their players rack up the bookings early on meaning it'd limit the number of fouls they'd be allowed to make later in the game? Also it's the narrative that annoys me that City is this pure footballing team when in reality they more to stop the opposition playing than most of the teams they come up against. It's also amazing how the media have taken so long to figure it out. Fair play to Neville for calling them out on it, but his words have done absolutely nothing by the looks of things. The officials continue to turn a blind eye to it.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
How far would you go?
To where it would actually hurt them. Their cheating has put them in a position that a one year Champions League ban won’t do ****. You’d at least have to give them a four year ban in both the transfer windows and the Champions League as well as force them into annulling some of their sponsorships. Have to send a message.

Hjalmaar

To where it would actually hurt them. Their cheating has put them in a position that a one year Champions League ban won’t do ****. You’d at least have to give them a four year ban in both the transfer windows and the Champions League as well as force them into annulling some of their sponsorships. Have to send a message.

Now that would be well deserved punishment. And well funny too.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Still not enough of a punishment in my opinion.

That club should be banned forever for anything along any other clubs owned by someone from the Arab peninsula. Doping, physically and financially. Owned by the **** of the earth, no matter how often I have to read "well but our governments do also...". ****ing ****house really.

Whoever uses especially that last argument hasn't understood anything. Killing and enslaving people is in no way comparable to collecting data or lobbyism or even selling weapons.

Last edited:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
That club should be banned forever for anything along any other clubs owned by someone from the Arab peninsula. Doping, physically and financially. Owned by the **** of the earth, no matter how often I have to read "well but our governments do also...". ****ing ****house really.

Whoever uses especially that last argument hasn't understood anything. Killing and enslaving people is in no way comparable to collecting data or lobbyism or even selling weapons.

I'm not that bothered by financial doping as it was done before them (Arsenal as well) and it will continue until proper legal regulation is implemented. Their financial machination(s) are well documented and plain obvious the problem is the legal side of financial game is such a grey area (to put it lightly) that enables them to manipulate the regulation with no real fuss.

What I'm really bothered by is the doping side of the game. I'm sure they're not the only ones but I'm pretty sure they have the most extensive and sophisticated system to abuse it. Pep is a known culprit that was cought once or twice in his playing career. His connections with suspicious personas from the world of doping are also well documented. Why is this such a tabu in football, why is no one asking the right questions?

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom