• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Bluemoon is a forum of horrible mouthy types and they're actually deluded or stupid enough to believe their sponsorship deal is legit. Then again I'm not sure if any of them are actually match goers from Manc despite them basically giving their tickets away.

I asked in other thread. How are they coping with FFP rules? Remember they had their transfer budget stricted last summer.

They doubled their sponsorship deal, which is basically the sheikh writting them a bigger check to circumvent FFP. They'll still struggle to go over 100m net and if they keep spending 30m plus on average players on mega wages they'll continue to regress.

Wenger will get far more from a 50m budget than they'll get from a 100m budget.

Hull City got fined under FFP, which just seems very wrong.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
They're simply irrelevant, since they've been out of the title race it struck how litle they matter unless they win the league.

Does anyone even remember if they participated in the season between their title campaigns? Me neither.

Because of that, if not Arsenal; go Citeh!

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
A quick scan of their forum and they're talking about Toure, Nasri and Jovetic leaving. The problem they have is these players are on massive contracts so will be hard to shift. Jovetic's almost certainly gone with talk about him going on a 'loan to buy' from Inter. I remember the hype on here and wonder if we'd buy him on the cheap, say a 10m punt.

I could see them going bigger for a HG player or 2. 1 or 2 from Sterling, Walcott, Berahino, Barkley and Wilshere and spend big doing it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

A quick scan of their forum and they're talking about Toure, Nasri and Jovetic leaving. The problem they have is these players are on massive contracts so will be hard to shift. Jovetic's almost certainly gone with talk about him going on a 'loan to buy' from Inter. I remember the hype on here and wonder if we'd buy him on the cheap, say a 10m punt.

I could see them going bigger for a HG player or 2. 1 or 2 from Sterling, Walcott, Berahino, Barkley and Wilshere and spend big doing it.

Therein lies their problem, those players are on massive wages and no one is going to pay decent money for them , effectively to go big in the market, they would have to put Kun Aguero for sale .

Last edited:

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Therein lies their problem the players are hard are on massive wages and no one is going to pay decent money for them , effectively to go big in the market, they would have to put Kun Aguero for sale .

Overpaying for wages/fees is catching up with them now FFP is coming in. A few more summers of spending 30m plus on average players is going to see them drop to battling for 4th place, which they already are right now pretty much.

Hopefully they let Toure, Jovetic and Nasri go while going big on Barkley and Walcott. Although maybe Kane and Sterling are the players they'll splash big on.

amirkat

Established Member
Like I've said before, if you're going to blow a billion quid on a Club, you better ****ing have them performing open, expanding beautiful football and City have done that in their two title-winning seasons. So, I begrudge them nothing.

No point complaining about Sugar Daddy Clubs; they're already here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think Everton are open to a new rich owner to push the club on, just hasn't happened.

Proper club.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I'd have bought Everton before City.

Or a sleeping giant like Nottingham Forrest or Leeds or Newcastle or Villa.

You can tell they didn't have a clue about football and thought 'ah Manchester are a big city, that must be a top club, look they're even in the top division'.

They tried to buy Liverpool first.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think Everton are open to a new rich owner to push the club on, just hasn't happened.

Proper club.

It's what happens when you're stadiums made out of matchsticks and held together by super glue.

Went to the 3-0 game there last year and I've never such a s**t stadium for a supposedly good club. I go to Shrewsbury games every now and again and their stadium is better ffs.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
It's what happens when you're stadiums made out of matchsticks and held together by super glue.

Went to the 3-0 game there last year and I've never such a s**t stadium for a supposedly good club. I go to Shrewsbury games every now and again and their stadium is better ffs.

Same reason why we're probably one of the best candidates for a Sheikh takeover when we move to the Olympic Stadium. Crazy good location, already a passionate fanbase big enough to sustain a step up and state of the art stadium. We basically bought a 54k all seater in the middle of London for £15m :D

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I can see why Manchester City was the most appealing out of all the clubs that weren't in the traditional top four at the time. They seemed like an ultra-modern club even back then in an impressive stadium. It did seem like City had a lot of tools in place that could push them to the next level, it just needed a bit of investment to take them into the champions league first of all.

Iceman10

Established Member
Same reason why we're probably one of the best candidates for a Sheikh takeover when we move to the Olympic Stadium. Crazy good location, already a passionate fanbase big enough to sustain a step up and state of the art stadium. We basically bought a 54k all seater in the middle of London for £15m :D
Even better: you beat Spuds to it ;)

E

Enoch

Just my opinion here, but i think the beginning title of this thread should be switched with the beginning title of the Liverpool thread.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Abramovich wanted to buy Everton before Chelsea apparently.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Abramovich wanted to buy Everton before Chelsea apparently.

Yeah Jesper Gronkjaer scored what's been called the '£1B goal.' If he hadn't have scored that goal in the final game of the 03-04 season, Chelski wouldn't have made the CL. If Chelski never made the CL Roman would've invested in a different club, although I heard it would've been Tottenham.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seems like he was shopping around, shame he chose those ****s.

Top Bottom