A Bald Man's Chester City

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by clockwork orange, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Who are your three, may I enquire? Kdb, Aguero and Silva?

<<reed>> likes this.
  2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

Once a cheating doper. Always a cheater doper!

3. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Cite it.

4. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

You're underestimating the team and overestimating what it takes to win it. This side is more than capable of winning it from here, KO phase. A few are, but you've got just as good a chance as any. I'd back City to turn over Barca, Madrid or Bayern. You're favourites with most of the bookmakers for a reason.

5. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

It was only a sprain at the end of the day. It's very likely they simply overestimated the prognosis. We've had a few results like that in the past. Wenger's Creatine jabs... Or that 'yellow stuff' Merson once spoke about...

6. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Opposite of ITK

Bingo

7. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

UEFA have decided to remind refs to protect players.

Wow it is really not same with being just John or Sir John is it?

Once a cheating crying doper always a cheating crying doper.

8. :)

9. I'd go along with that, I'd add that Jesus, Sane, Bernardo Silva, Laporte and Ederson have the potential to reach that level too, and most still very young.

10. It's the pessimist in me, Jury haha! To me, the old City are always just around the corner, ready to disappoint.

11. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Yeah, the initial diagnosis was actually a 3-4 week injury; the reaction is really just based on Guardiola's later comments about it being 7 weeks.

celestis likes this.
  12. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

13. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Not heard a single, strong argument denying any of it. That is probably too much to ask.

14. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan

That's because there is no way of denying it, it's true. That's why it's laughed off, shoved out of sight and ignored: "Already been discussed. Next."

Heskey, El Granit-Coq, Aevius and 3 others like this.
  15. c00lguy

c00lguy Well-Known Member

City wouldn't even have been in the premier league this day if the Arabs didn't buy that club.

Glory hunting fans to the extreme.

16. Is that right? We'd already been in it for 6 or 7 seasons before they turned up.

Nice try.

Next.

;)

17. Toby Andrl

In 2006 I spent some time in Manchester. The family I stayed with picked me up from the airport and on the way to their home, they asked me what I knew about the town. "Oasis, The Stone Roses, The Smiths, Man Utd, Man City." They were absolutely shocked a foreigner knew about City :D

c00lguy likes this.
  18. :D :D :D

Cool story !

19. Toby Andrl

I know I might make an enemy or two, but what is this? City is your soft spot, right. But most of this discussion is not about City as a club, but about the sheiks and how you as a fan respond to that. And you're apparently the kind that doesn't give a **** if that dirty money buys you a shiny, big trophy. And being aware of what's being written in this thread, this kind of answer is your go to option if criticism of, or humour directed towards City, comes up. But what is it? It's not cynicism, it's not sarcasm and it's neither clever nor witty, nor is it any answer to the very valid questions regarding the owners of your club and their dealings.
    You just sound like that little wanker in school who's dad just bought him the favour of a couple of teachers, and now you're above everyone and any reckoning. And when called out, you cannot even defend yourself by reasonable discussion, but say "haha nice joke" in some sort of senseless, bellend way. Get out, mate.

Heskey, BBF, salvat and 3 others like this.