• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

BBF

Yes 70M that embarrassing how we supposed to buy good players with that? All good players these days cost 40M+ we'll have to be smart about who we buy

Well, there's a lot of players that aren't/shouldn't be in future plans can be moved on to free up a lot of money.

Ospina, Welbeck, Elneny, Kolasinac, Mustafi, Xhaka, Cech, Mertesacker, Santi etc etc

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well, there's a lot of players that aren't/shouldn't be in future plans can be moved on to free up a lot of money.

Ospina, Welbeck, Elneny, Kolasinac, Mustafi, Xhaka, Cech, Mertesacker, Santi etc etc
That's how we see it but I'm sure all of them apart Santi Per ospina will be here next season

Man city fans should admit that pep got it all wrong at 1at leg laporte LB (he never played there) against the best winger in Europe then he played too open at Anfield and that was wrong they beaten him so badly in league scored 4 goals he didn't learn. So blaming the ref is last thing here if I'm city fan
Beaten/knocked out by the better side in both legs, but the referee was an influence, in both games.

You are wrong to say Laporte has never played at left back, though.

Yeah, the officiating sucked but I still think all things considered Pool still deserved to go through. Also, City fans have no right to talk about if & buts -- had the UAE crew decided upon another investment vehicle (/plaything), they'd be in the Championship complaining about the poor quality pitches, etc.
Come on, GG, you're better than this. City had been an established PL side before the takeover.

Also, what correlation is there between on-field decisions in those two legs, and the owners?

@A Lighter Shade of Blue
@Bluemoon67

Congratulations on Man City winning the PL. Your team was hands down the best in the league. :)

Now go and get 100 points to take that “Most Points in a PL season” achievement off Mourinho’s CV!
Thanks, hope we can, and the goals record, had a tenner on over 100 goals with skybet at 33/1 after a few games this season, will pay half my season ticket for next year!

They're going to spend more than 250m. Guardiola will want more CBs, more central midfielders and even more technical attackers. Maybe he'll bring in more fullbacks, as the Mendy injury kind of thwarted his first tactical blueprints this season. He's not gonna have that happen again. Watch them build two complete XIs with starting quality through and through.
I predict a striker, defensive midfielder, possibly a left-back. Can't see it being that amount. Maybe another midfielder to replace Yaya in the squad.

Watched the game last night with a friend and we both said the exact same thing. Going back all the 10 years since the sheikhs took over, in relation to how much money they've actually spent and whom they've brought in, they should have won more.

For that kind of bottomless spending, 3 league titles in 10 years is a bit meh. And regarding the CL: Only just this year with Guardiola taking it up a notch tactically and in terms of spending, they were seriously considered as CL aspirants, at least around here. And they've again gone out again.

This year they've won the league comfortably, but they couldn't pull off an unbeaten run for all their quality players and tactics.

Agree with the first paragraph, but bizarrely, in a way, I'm glad we haven't steamrollered everybody and won everything, it's boring when the same team wins everything.

Second paragraph, it's almost like you are making out City are the ONLY ones spending money, bit strange.

Lastly, I can't ever seeing anyone else having an invincible season, if it was as easy as you think, others would have done it since Arsenal.

And the shopping tour continues...

"Manchester City have already identified Thiago Alcantara as a potential alternative to Paul Pogba ahead of next summer’s transfer window, Goal understands."

"Pep Guardiola confessed that 32-year-old David Silva will need more rest next season and, as such, Daily Mail report on Manchester City pursuing Thiago Alcantara of Bayern Munich. Costing around 70 million euros, the Spaniard is also said to be of interest to rivals Manchester United."
Do you believe everything you read?

Also, where on this planet would Alcantara be a direct replacement for D. Silva? That role will go to B. Silva and hopefully Foden.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Come on, GG, you're better than this. City had been an established PL side before the takeover.

Also, what correlation is there between on-field decisions in those two legs, and the owners?
They suffered what, 3 relegations during the PL era? They were doing alright near term, but a non-bought City easily could have dipped yet again.

And no correlation, obviously, just pointing out that luck is a double-edged sword, one that has benefitted City as a club more so than it’s hurt them. One huge what-if went your way.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom