• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Watched the first two episodes of the series, but it isn't really all that interesting, is it?

Few interesting things here and there, but overall it's mainly interesting if you're a fan I guess.

Fantastic performance today, albeit against an extremely underwhelming Huddersfield side. Could have been double figures.

David Silva was absolutely magnificent, brilliant to see him bring his young son (that was in serious danger after being born premature at the end of last year) out as his mascot, at the start of the game.

Mendy's crossing was mad, so, so good, Aguero his imperious best, Jesus played very well, in fact every single player was excellent. The omens are good.

The way City played today was quite interesting. When they had the ball they essentially played a back three of Stones, Kompany and Laporte. Mendy very pushed up the left side while on the right side there was Bernardo though he and David Silva seemed to swap positions a lot of take turns in playing as the right wide man (wouldn't call it even a wing-back). Jesus constantly making runs to create space and drag Huddersfield players with Aguero occupying the space just in front of the Hudderfield defence trying to be difficult to mark and playing one-twos looking for openings.

Without the ball they went to a back four with Mendy and Stones as the full-backs, Stones have a pretty decent performance defensively.

It was quite interesting considering this team has 3 wingers in Sane, Sterling and Mahrez but on this occasion opted to play none of them. Perhaps because Huddersfield played a back 5 it'd be difficult for the wingers to get space and perhaps wouldn't be effective, while with two Silvas constantly taking up inside positions to easily outnumber in midfield. From a defensive point of view Huddersfield playing a left wing-back ended up being redundant, while the right wing-back was always in danger one on one against Mendy. City dragged Hudderfield players toward the City right flank by having the two Silva's, Aguero, there and as a result was able to isolate Mendy one on one with Smith on a number of occasions.

Very good assessment, thought Wagner would try a few things to change it around, but nothing he tried seemed to make any difference.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I don’t understand your point. Black people aren’t thicker, they’re just have less opportunities to become academics.

White athletes have the same opportunities in certain events but still can’t beat the races with an evolutionary advantage.

The first is a perceived dominance the second is real.
Ok so what are White people's evolutionary advantages ;)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ok so what are White people's evolutionary advantages ;)
Don’t know bro.

But I do know the director of the Copenhagen Muscle Research Institute, Bengt Saltin, the world’s premier expert in human performance and race, has concluded that an athlete’s “environment” accounts for no more than 20-25 percent of athletic ability. The rest comes down to the roll of the genetic dice—with each population group having distinct advantages.

Many people are afraid to talk about it particularly the liberal elite and the chattering classes. But after several hundred years of white people thinking they’re the master race, I see it as no bad thing.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Don’t know bro.

But I do know the director of the Copenhagen Muscle Research Institute, Bengt Saltin, the world’s premier expert in human performance and race, has concluded that an athlete’s “environment” accounts for no more than 20-25 percent of athletic ability. The rest comes down to the roll of the genetic dice—with each population group having distinct advantages.

Many people are afraid to talk about it particularly the liberal elite and the chattering classes. But after several hundred years of white people thinking they’re the master race, I see it as no bad thing.
Yeah agree with you mate, pretty obvious really. Just thought for comedy value I'd get you to list something which would make the certain users shout you down.

A similar discussion took place on AM long time ago which was similarly shut down by followers of the liberal elite.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/aug/22/marina-hyde-lazio-ultras-man-city

Good article on the City documentary looking at it for what it is, which is essentially a reputation-laundering exercise. What I'll say is this: it's not necessary to bring up City's owners' egregiousness every single time City do anything, but it's important to not tune out completely either. This quote sums it up: "While Abu Dhabi may not be the most abusive government in the world, they are easily the most abusive government running a football club".

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/aug/22/marina-hyde-lazio-ultras-man-city

Good article on the City documentary looking at it for what it is, which is essentially a reputation-laundering exercise. What I'll say is this: it's not necessary to bring up City's owners' egregiousness every single time City do anything, but it's important to not tune out completely either. This quote sums it up: "While Abu Dhabi may not be the most abusive government in the world, they are easily the most abusive government running a football club".
Good read. Reputation laundering clearly works because the human brain has the ability to compartmentalise and block connections.

So the fan who is outraged one minute at Russia using chemical nerve agents to assassinate people on foreign soil, might enthusiastically fly out to enjoy Russian hospitality at the World Cup . . and may not find the two aspects contiguous.

And whilst watching a great documentary showing the success and achievements of your favourite team, those articles you read about the flogging and imprisonment of UAE rape victims float away over windmills of your mind.

If I may make a small point, please.
I’d argue that clubs owned by USA based entities are effectively owned by the most abusing of all nations. The USA spends more on weapons, the USA uses more weapons, invades more countries, destabilises more legitimate regimes and the USA kills more civilians / burns more babies than all other major powers combined x 10. The USA operates torture & death camps, the USA funded, armed & trained a horror show called Al Qaeda, the USA currently funds, arms & trains a horror show called ISIS, The USA uses it’s veto to stop the UN from ending the illegal and racist apartheid Israeli occupation of Pallestine.
The U.K. supports the USA in all it’s evil doings.
Get off your horse mate- people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones etc.
With all due respect. Just my opinion.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I’d argue that clubs owned by USA based entities are effectively owned by the most abusing of all nations. The USA spends more on weapons, the USA uses more weapons, invades more countries, destabilises more legitimate regimes and the USA kills more civilians / burns more babies than all other major powers combined x 10. The USA operates torture & death camps, the USA funded, armed & trained a horror show called Al Qaeda, the USA currently funds, arms & trains a horror show called ISIS, The USA uses it’s veto to stop the UN from ending the illegal and racist apartheid Israeli occupation of Pallestine.

With all due respect, that's a stupid opinion. City is owned by a faction of the ruling f*cking family. It is a club owned by an abusive government. Arsenal, Utd or Liverpool are not owned by the US government, they are owned by private citizens. Those private citizens may be influential, may even donate to political parties, but that it is not the f*cking same as actually being the government.

You're right that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. But certainly I would say people who have no house at all, who are standing naked surrounded by people with many more stones than them...shouldn't throw stones.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

You understand that the half brother of the bloke who owns your club is on video directing and participating in torture right? And you understand that in spite of the existence of that video he has never been punished, meaning that the owner of your club is ok with blood relatives electrocuting, beating, sodomizing, running over with a vehicle and burning the genitals of other human beings. All of this on tape, shown to the UN Human Rights Council and then brushed aside in a sham trial in the UAE meaning that those who own your club don't care to punish sadism even if there's video evidence that the whole world can see. Now you can make whatever tangential connections between American owned sports teams and dreadful American foreign policy that you'd like, but good luck topping that.

You understand that the half brother of the bloke who owns your club is on video directing and participating in torture right? And you understand that in spite of the existence of that video he has never been punished, meaning that the owner of your club is ok with blood relatives electrocuting, beating, sodomizing, running over with a vehicle and burning the genitals of other human beings. All of this on tape, shown to the UN Human Rights Council and then brushed aside in a sham trial in the UAE meaning that those who own your club don't care to punish sadism even if there's video evidence that the whole world can see. Now you can make whatever tangential connections between American owned sports teams and dreadful American foreign policy that you'd like, but good luck topping that.

So you are saying Sheikh Mansour is personally, solely responsible for the judicial system within Abu Dhabi?

Please stop talking absolute bollocks. This has everything to do with the UAE, and NOTHING to do with Manchester City Football Club, despite your attempts to link the two on this subject.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Aguero is a curious creature. Undoubtedly one of the best pure no. 9's in PL history, certainly has one of the best goal-to-game ratios...but there is always something unheralded about him, something distant that puts him out of the picture.

He's lived in Manchester for just over seven years now and yet he still barely speaks English (I've still never seen him do an interview in English) and his family live permanently in Argentina. He's been there seven years and basically hasn't put down any roots, he could leave tomorrow and happily never return it would seem. Maybe that's part of it. As a personality and a character there's nothing to grab hold of, he's so remote.

I don't know what point i'm trying to make here, maybe that our perceptions of players are influenced by what we know of them off the pitch too. Someone like Henry isn't just a legend for his goals and records, but because we know him as a character and someone who loves the identity of the club. Would we feel the same about him if he could still hardly speak English?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
So you are saying Sheikh Mansour is personally, solely responsible for the judicial system within Abu Dhabi?

Please stop talking absolute bollocks. This has everything to do with the UAE, and NOTHING to do with Manchester City Football Club, despite your attempts to link the two on this subject.

I thought Liverpool fans were supposed to be the cultists, but yous lot give them a good run for their money.

Aguero is a curious creature. Undoubtedly one of the best pure no. 9's in PL history, certainly has one of the best goal-to-game ratios...but there is always something unheralded about him, something distant that puts him out of the picture.

He's lived in Manchester for just over seven years now and yet he still barely speaks English (I've still never seen him do an interview in English) and his family live permanently in Argentina. He's been there seven years and basically hasn't put down any roots, he could leave tomorrow and happily never return it would seem. Maybe that's part of it. As a personality and a character there's nothing to grab hold of, he's so remote.

I don't know what point i'm trying to make here, maybe that our perceptions of players are influenced by what we know of them off the pitch too. Someone like Henry isn't just a legend for his goals and records, but because we know him as a character and someone who loves the identity of the club. Would we feel the same about him if he could still hardly speak English?
Aguero has done a few post-match interviews in English, but like David Silva, doesn't revel in the limelight.

As for his family situation, he split with Maradona's daughter a couple of years back, the mother of Benjamin, his son, and she went back to Argentina. He recently parted with his latest squeeze too, hence him living alone now. Though I doubt he's alone most nights!

He's the best centre forward of the last 25 years for me, although of course I have a bias. Players like Henry and Bergkamp were players I loved watching (except when they were scoring Arsenal's 4th/5th/6th/whatever against us!) but they weren't out and out strikers. Loved watching Shearer play too.

Top Bottom