• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A glimpse of post Henry era

ali adili

To find out the real reason behind the Gunners humiliating defeat and their disappointing season simply make a comparison between Crouch and Reina on one side with Adebayor and Lehmann on the other side one would find that the persisting dilemma for them is their inability to creat and score , while at the back a slack defending and weak goal keeping , no great time achieving great results could afford an ineffective striker like Adebayor or ordinary or less goal keeper like Lehmann , just watch Chelsea have drogba , and Chec , United have Roony and VanDersar , Barcelona , have Valdez and Eto;o, and so on . Isan;t it outrageous that Van Persie after several weeks in absence and still Arsenal;s top goal scorer this season ? , while the frustrating problem is Wenger’s arrogant stubbornness to keep them as he for example did with Cygan ,and Aliadiere , as well as on insisting on bringing in Baptista , were he should have seized the opportunity to sign Robinho for reyes even if it had taken some more money , while on the other hand hastely getting rid of Upson , Pennant , Bentley , Stokes and Stack , who coincidently are all home grown English, all that just to prove that he could never be wrong as if he is the God of football , which cost Arsenal dear for the last three or four seasons , except that Henry and Peres were always in extraordinary form that made up for the others weakness , so this season is a glimpse of post Henry era.
On the other hand it looks that Wwenger must hurry up his campaign to sign the needed players as early as the end of this season and start the preseason training for the next season earlier than usual so that the youngsters take their time to settle in the team and gain some more experience and skills from their senior colleagues , so he should exploit what is left of the season to prepare and correct mistakes for the future and to target the players to be signed .

RC8

Established Member
Man, I'm not going to slate you for your grammar and writing skills, as you clearly do not speak English as your first language, but your judgement in this post and in all others you've written is knee-jerk and plain wrong.

Everyone has the right to an opinion, but there are certain things that simply are not true. For instance, Lehmann being a mediocre keeper is one. It'd also be nice if you put more effort on writing the players' names properly, but then again, I guess you normally write in a completely different alphabet, so it's OK I guess.

But ultimately, your pessimistic opinions truly are an overreaction, and it would help if you posted on these threads you constantly create, just so that you can face the criticism you receive and argue your points to see if there is any hidden logic behind them. I invite you to do so. Good luck.

MonkeyRed

Hmmm, maybe he's right - Upson , Pennant , Bentley , Stokes and Stack...all truly world class. I don't know how we managed without them, what with Upson setting the Championship alight, getting a move to a "big" club and them going straight down again (maybe). haha.

And he's right about Pires (or peres) he was ALWAYS on form....apart from the entire season after his knee op...and of course Thierry's never had dry spells before or seemed out of sorts....out of character for the French that...

Nutsy

Established Member
I am sorry mate, I have to completely disagree with you there. Knee Jerking reaction for this case as RC8 pointed out is spot on.

Have you forgotten how great Lehmann was last season? Keeping a clean sheet through out one of the most intense football campaigns of Europe? If you are referring to the 4-1 game we had against the 'Pool to judge Lehmann's immediate future over here is unacceptable in my opinion. Lehmann is regarded one of the best GKs in Europe. Up there joining him would be Cech, Van De Sar, Buffon, I could list you a lot of Goalkeepers who are at times so unbelievably underatted as their club failed with success. Yes I can agree you with the names you mentioned. Victor Valdez is also one of the GKs I rate.

You seemed to judge the club with one game which was the Liverpool death sentence. Again I am pointing out your knee jerk reactions. True, Back line was abysmal, due to the failure of midfield system that very same game. We have countless injuries, Our attacking options are limited, not to mention after being out for soo long with an on form team (Liverpool) - also not any of those ordinary minnow teams, the defense line. Eboue has been out for God knows how long, Clichy underperformed due to his recent (although brief) injury aswell. Our main Invisible Wall who by far one of the key covers of our Defense was out injured. Ofcourse we tend to crash down in defeat.

Sure, Chavs has Cech & Drogba; Barca has Valdez & Eto'o, Mancs has VDS & Rooney (? Bloody hell, he's been terrible all season) Cristiano Ronaldo. but let me ask you, where would they be with out those players then? our best Centre Forward partnership is definitely the likes of Henry and RvP has been ruled out for the rest of the season, and mate, of us conceded 4 that day, was due to abysmal defending and scrambled midfield. Up against a Liverpool balanced midfield. We are sufferring from countless injuries, yet we managed to stay 4th. Our inspirational captain has barely played this season, due to overwhelming response of 2 major Football Final competition he both failed to win both for his country and the club he loves. - If it ever happens to me mate,I'd kill myself by now. Despite we have not won since the FA cup 2005, we are still challenging (though it's not the case for the rest of THIS season) major competitions. we still have a shot on retaining at 4th place, or 3rd if we managed to beat Man City. and atleast drew with Chavs at the end of the season and a hard fighting 1-0 win against Portsmouth.

Thing is, we have been rebuilding our midfield almost every bloody season. Last season we had Pires, and now we lost him and finds it a hard time to replace him. the season before, we lost Vieira. we keep losing our key midfielders here. who generally the team was built around them. must I say more to our 'mediocre' performance? We are struggling with also a known fact for the new players going in the club and players going out of the club. honestly when was the last time you heard atleast one of the Chavs main players goes out during their success era? NONE! (do correct me if I am wrong though).Same goes to Liverpool, Mancs, they have higher 'ranks' than ours but despite rebuilding and rebuilding our squad over and over againand still finishes 4th is not too bad(we are Gooners though, and we want to go for it all). suppose all of this happens to Mancs, Chavs? how will they do? IMO, they'll be lucky to Finish 6th atleast!

Pennant? I apologize mate, I fail to see that logic statement where we would be better with him in the squad. I really do.World class writing all over him is not even funny to be classified as a joke. Or the English players? As I can only say, they are Overpriced, overrated. and I'm pretty much glad with the squad we have now (am not implying that we shouldn't dip in the Transfer Market in the Summer) despite they are not 'English'.

Pires was excellent top form during his form especially before his Operation. Major injuries can affect players and can ruin their performances. which is why I'm worried about RvP and Henry's situation. but knowing them, I know they will be fine.

Wenger will sign some one this summer. we can be sure about that, but a question still floating about, WHO?

I rest my case.

madlondonmale1

ive just worked out who the poster is,he is a comedian who's post's used to get on my nerves.but now im starting to see the funny side,he is a stand up comedian! :clap

RC8

Established Member
Good post Gunners_Nadz.

Actually, the prospect of this poster being a comedian actually makes sense. I mean, this bit is actually very funny:

while on the other hand hastely getting rid of Upson , Pennant , Bentley , Stokes and Stack , who coincidently are all home grown English, all that just to prove that he could never be wrong as if he is the God of football , which cost Arsenal dear for the last three or four seasons
Describing Valdez as a superb goalkeeper and Lehmann as a mediocre one is hilarious as well, I mean, you are comparing Lehmann, who I rate among the best 5 goalkeepers in Europe, with Valdez, who I rate among the best 40 goalkeepers in Europe. He would not be anywhere near Barcelona if he wasn't a Catalan.

Hopefully this is the case, or maybe he is just confused.

ali adili

To be fond of Arsenal , means one would get too overwhelmed to recognize the negatives or on the other side to accept any small stumble and probably this is what is keeping us far apart . I am a very keen Arsenal supporter , for longer than what you expect and wish to see them as the best in the most handsome way . Wenger did spectacle job for Arsenal but he is not a God who knows every thing and does every thing right , the build up should have been started several years earlier to make the transition smooth and effective , second the for a big and challenging club like Arsenal , to chase more than one trophy, they need to have depth in the squad so for example to have Henry and Van Persie out injured does not mean accept defeats, for clearly Adebayor , Aliadiere, and Baptista are not up for the job, and for the Gunners to end second , third, or fourth does not differ much than finishing in the middle of the table or being knocked out earlier , for football is winning trophies rather than unsuccessfull chasing of them , So Wenger should tackle this problem quickly by signing new striker who can score instinctively or giving the much promising Bentdner and Lupoli more opportunities , and not repeating the case of Cygan who was kept in the team despite being a failure which harmed the team a lot , as for Lehmann, whether he was extraordinary or not , the fact of football is that he passed his best and need to be replaced like Seaman , Adams or Bergkamp , even the irreplaceable Henry one day will not be fit or good enough for the job , and the task of the manager is to prepare the best replacement possible beforehand . The other essential point is that Arsenal is an English club , and represent England , and should be one of the resources for the English national team , yet Wenger deprived them from that privilege , it is true that in general English players cost more for less quality , but home grown players cost nothing just like Cole , so with Wenger’s ability to discover talents he should have done better in this aspect , rather than nursing youngsters from almost every where but the country made him a world class manager!, amazingly in ten years , only three or four British players were signed or promoted to stay in the first team, and it looks that had Wenger the resources, the opportunity and the need to sign Roony, Lampard, or Gerard , he would have never done that .

Asterix

Established Member
Ali, there are so many points you raise in this thread. But this section is not meant for this type of debate. it's the personal articles section.

Please use The Lobby to debate the range of topics you cover.

Go0oner

ali adili said:
Wenger did spectacle job for Arsenal but he is not a God who knows every thing and does every thing right , the build up should have been started several years earlier to make the transition smooth and effective.
I dont really know what you mean by this, are you implying that Wenger should have started the rebuilding of the squad a few more years ago? Well, we wouldn't have won the title unbeaten in 2004 if he did my friend. It's not about when to start rebuilding, it's about how well you start the rebuilding. It has nothing to do with time, it's only when the manager feels that the Club is declining perhaps (for whatever reason) that he starts to build again. Wenger has made mistakes, no doubt about that, after all he isn't a God as you have rightly pointed out, but he has proved himself to be one of the greatest managers in the world in the last decade, so no reason questioning him yet. Maybe next year you would have a point if our situation is similar to what it is now.

ali adili said:
second the for a big and challenging club like Arsenal , to chase more than one trophy, they need to have depth in the squad so for example to have Henry and Van Persie out injured does not mean accept defeats, for clearly Adebayor , Aliadiere, and Baptista are not up for the job.
We have depth in the squad, but the players still haven't gelled together yet. They are relatively new, eg: Gallas, Rosicky, Baptista, the youngsters who stepped up. They are also young, you have to be patient with them as their potential is obvious.

Henry and Van Persie are great players, but their season has been hampered by injuries, and that didn't help us and has pushed our striking options to the limit, and also has weakend our attack. However, Adebayor is nothing short of class, he's our 'Plan B' striker, who can be extremely helpful when on form. Adebayor represents the depth in our squad, as normally players like him start for other (less quality) sides but he's arguably only a 3rd choice striker behind Thierry and Robin at Arsenal.

ali adili said:
and for the Gunners to end second , third, or fourth does not differ much than finishing in the middle of the table or being knocked out earlier , for football is winning trophies rather than unsuccessfull chasing of them.
Daft comment. Finishing 3rd or 4th is importnat because it guarantees you a CL place. Hopw can you say that? Are you so ignorant that you don't even know what are the advantages of finshing 3rd or 4th? Shocking!

As for the trophies, don't worry, our glory times will come. Whether it be next season or the one after **** knows.

ali adili said:
So Wenger should tackle this problem quickly by signing new striker who can score instinctively or giving the much promising Bentdner and Lupoli more opportunities , and not repeating the case of Cygan who was kept in the team despite being a failure which harmed the team a lot.
Problem is that you don't understand what a squad player means, and Cygan was that. And what do you mean by Cygan being harmful to our team? We won the league unbeaten and the FA Cup with him in the squad!

In my opinion, a new striker is unneeded as well. With Henry, Van Persie, Adebayor and Bendtner who is likely to return I don't see why the need of a new face up front. I'm sure Bendtner will be given his chance next season but Lupoli, unfortunately he's been sold to Fiorentina therefore you can forget about him.

ali adili said:
as for Lehmann, whether he was extraordinary or not , the fact of football is that he passed his best and need to be replaced like Seaman , Adams or Bergkamp , even the irreplaceable Henry one day will not be fit or good enough for the job , and the task of the manager is to prepare the best replacement possible beforehand.
I see where you are coming from, although Lehmann hasn't performed that bad this season. Sooner or later he will be replaced, but I wouldn't mind seeing him between our posts next season. He's an experienced head and the good thing is that he gives our back four some bollocks when they're having lapses in concentration, which is quite benefitual.

Wenger has prepared replacements for departing players, 'before hand', examples being Cesc for Vieira, Van Persie for Bergkamp, Clichy for Cole, Eboue for Lauren, etc.
A keeper doesn't need to be replaced before hand because his position is not the most important one, you can buy any capable keeper and they can do a job for you.

ali adili said:
The other essential point is that Arsenal is an English club , and represent England , and should be one of the resources for the English national team , yet Wenger deprived them from that privilege , it is true that in general English players cost more for less quality , but home grown players cost nothing just like Cole , so with Wenger’s ability to discover talents he should have done better in this aspect , rather than nursing youngsters from almost every where but the country made him a world class manager!, amazingly in ten years , only three or four British players were signed or promoted to stay in the first team, and it looks that had Wenger the resources, the opportunity and the need to sign Roony, Lampard, or Gerard , he would have never done that .
Yawn! The stereotypical bollocks about English players once again. Mate, who cares about the England team? Arsenal represents the Premiership, not England. Wenger is not responsible for England's success or failure, he's only responsible of Arsenal. Wenger isn't interested in passports, only quality, as he has said before. It's a stupid way to back up your claim to be honest, the England team can shove itself up it's own arse.

Top Bottom