• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A little light reading: Roots To The 92

Roots To The 92

Dear All,

First, just to say as a Southend Shrimper that it is always a joy to watch Arsenal (believe me, Shrimper viewing is not for the faint hearted).

Anyway, reason for the post is that I have just published a book (my first) which I have have written to be of interest to all football fans including Gunners.

After 45 years of footie watching I completed doing the current 92 grounds last month (it took 125 grounds to do it) and to satisfy another goal on my 'bucket list' I have written a book on the journey. It is not a series of match reports (I'm sure that would be quite dull), instead it is a tale of what it was like to be there covering my experiences from 1971 to the present day. I'm sure many of my trials and tribulations will be familiar to your own. I have written it in a 'dry humour' style, my aim is to entertain, though no doubt if you do me the honour of buying it you will be the judge of that.

The book also has a Foreword by ex Southend, Bury, Blackpool and Northern Ireland international Derek Spence.

This is not a money-making exercise, that was never the aim. I have no delusions on being the next JK Rowling, I will simply be pleased to cover my costs on the tiny royalty percentage. Like you I just love talking football.

Although I am a dedicated Shrimper many of my ground visits were with other teams (I have not always lived in East Anglia) or as a neutral. So it is by no means a Southend-centric book.

I have fond memories of Highbury and have since sampled the luxury of your current home. Certainly I count my first visit to Highbury at the end of the '81 season as one of the most memorable occasions I have ever witnessed.

You can buy the book by simply typing 'Roots To the 92' in to Amazon (paperback or kindle) or the publisher (Completely Novel) site (paperback only). Currently the delivery is quicker with the publisher but Amazon will speed up soon as it's only just been set up with them. Or you can learn more about the book, see a video picture montage and access the buy links by visiting a website I've prepared for the book: www.rootstothe92.co.uk

All the best, Andy

PS note to moderators: apologies if I should have sought your permission to post this first, please excuse my excitement in having something published for the first time and also something I'm quite proud of. I genuinely think it will be of interest to all football fans.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Dear All,

First, just to say as a Southend Shrimper that it is always a joy to watch Arsenal (believe me, Shrimper viewing is not for the faint hearted).

Anyway, reason for the post is that I have just published a book (my first) which I have have written to be of interest to all football fans including Gunners.

After 45 years of footie watching I completed doing the current 92 grounds last month (it took 125 grounds to do it) and to satisfy another goal on my 'bucket list' I have written a book on the journey. It is not a series of match reports (I'm sure that would be quite dull), instead it is a tale of what it was like to be there covering my experiences from 1971 to the present day. I'm sure many of my trials and tribulations will be familiar to your own. I have written it in a 'dry humour' style, my aim is to entertain, though no doubt if you do me the honour of buying it you will be the judge of that.

The book also has a Foreword by ex Southend, Bury, Blackpool and Northern Ireland international Derek Spence.

This is not a money-making exercise, that was never the aim. I have no delusions on being the next JK Rowling, I will simply be pleased to cover my costs on the tiny royalty percentage. Like you I just love talking football.

Although I am a dedicated Shrimper many of my ground visits were with other teams (I have not always lived in East Anglia) or as a neutral. So it is by no means a Southend-centric book.

I have fond memories of Highbury and have since sampled the luxury of your current home. Certainly I count my first visit to Highbury at the end of the '81 season as one of the most memorable occasions I have ever witnessed.

You can buy the book by simply typing 'Roots To the 92' in to Amazon (paperback or kindle) or the publisher (Completely Novel) site (paperback only). Currently the delivery is quicker with the publisher but Amazon will speed up soon as it's only just been set up with them. Or you can learn more about the book, see a video picture montage and access the buy links by visiting a website I've prepared for the book: www.rootstothe92.co.uk

All the best, Andy

PS note to moderators: apologies if I should have sought your permission to post this first, please excuse my excitement in having something published for the first time and also something I'm quite proud of. I genuinely think it will be of interest to all football fans.

Wow that's an incredible feat! You are more than likely the only person to ever do this. Do you know of any others? If you had to pick one ground, maybe due to the game, or the occasion or whatever, what ground would you pick and when was it?

God luck with the book sales!

Roots To The 92

Wow that's an incredible feat! You are more than likely the only person to ever do this. Do you know of any others? If you had to pick one ground, maybe due to the game, or the occasion or whatever, what ground would you pick and when was it?

God luck with the book sales!
Thanks Tap In. Ive found a couple of other books on doing the 92 but I would like to think mine is unique! Not sure have a fav - Highbury was top not least because on my first visit Pele did a lap of honour and there were 57000 there (the day Villa won the championship), but do visit my website for a good flavour of the book, you can also read the first few pages for free under the kindle link on Amazon, and if u like please buy and tell others! Cheers

Roots To The 92

Thanks Tap In. Ive found a couple of other books on doing the 92 but I would like to think mine is unique! Not sure have a fav - Highbury was top not least because on my first visit Pele did a lap of honour and there were 57000 there (the day Villa won the championship), but do visit my website for a good flavour of the book, you can also read the first few pages for free under the kindle link on Amazon, and if u like please buy and tell others! Cheers
Many thanks for the 'hits' on my book website so far - I can see from my site counter that plenty are from the North London area. Enjoy a promotion day in the sun with a beer and an immediate kindle download of my book - or if you can wait a few days just order the paperback for a rainy day! Cheers

Latest posts+

Top Bottom