• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A wider perspective 2018/19

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Brilliant player, but again I believe respected rather than feared by opponents.
what a player. touch, dribbling, movement, pace, power and arrogance.....slippery as an eel and sharp as a knife. we lost his last year to the familiar "i wanna go earn more money" and that was just when he was peaking.... the Theo VanNasregas combo was a joy ....dont think we reached that level since.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I wouldn't want a Nasri or Hleb out wide now though. In fairness Bellerin, Monreal and Mkhi have been brilliant in providing cut backs and crosses from the wide areas this year and Auba brilliant at making runs from wide.

Would be nice to have another option though. Iwobi is the closest that we have to a direct wide player.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
For a player who can beat his man at Will he doesn’t score enough. He’s not a great ball striker.

I think our team needs more of a Martial/Mahrez type, admittedly not as good 1v1 as Zaha but considerably better technicians, especially when it comes to shooting off the dribble.

Would still cartwheel around the place if we did sign Wilf though.
I don't think we need that, we have enough players that can score, what we need is someone who can keep possession in tight space and who will make our attack more fluid, let's say Isco or someone like him

vijay

Honorable mention - Serge Gnabry

that was a hard loss to stomach. Marked our decline as a top draw club.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
nasri.

ah samir...what a player he was. It hurt me more to lose him than Cesc or RVP. Still havent replaced him. He was magic.

His goals against Fulham - my God I lost my mind and his setup in the Arshavin goal against Barca - those were special!

Jae

The only person we have in our squad who even resembles a winger is Iwobi, and I still think he's a CM at heart. Probably the only person capable of picking the ball up and running at people though.

I blame Wenger for our lack of Wingers to be honest. Was obsessed with playing like Barcelona and putting midfielders on the wings so we could play tippy-tappy football. It's no wonder we lost players like Gnabry really.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The only person we have in our squad who even resembles a winger is Iwobi, and I still think he's a CM at heart. Probably the only person capable of picking the ball up and running at people though.

I blame Wenger for our lack of Wingers to be honest. Was obsessed with playing like Barcelona and putting midfielders on the wings so we could play tippy-tappy football. It's no wonder we lost players like Gnabry really.
At one point we had like 5 CAMs

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we need that, we have enough players that can score, what we need is someone who can keep possession in tight space and who will make our attack more fluid, let's say Isco or someone like him
I feel like Iwobi is already that guy albeit not at Isco's level, just someone with the technical ability to operate in tight areas. We also have Özil who's decision making in the final third is excellent 99/100 times.

We don't have a player who can create shots off the dribble, this is extremely important. Worst case we get someone who's a 1v1 merchant but can't really shoot, regardless he'll commit defenders and open things up for someone else. Best case we get someone who can beat his man and get a clean shot off (you can never have enough players that can score) but this will be expensive.

Regardless we need the penetration that's a must, the end product would be a welcome bonus.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Iwobi really has excellent feet as well just a shame he doesn't have the natural pace to get away from defenders once he's unbalanced/beat them. It's something he'll never have and yeah I believe his future is as a playmaking winger or CM like you said because of that.

vijay

he usually went for pace on one wing and creativity on the other....

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
At one point we had like 5 CAMs

I remember once Sagna getting to the byline and putting one of those crosses that strikers gobble up between the defence and keeper, we had noone in the box , only hope was an own goal.
They then showed a zoomed out replay of the 'chance' and when the ball was fizzing across the penalty spot we had, I think, Fabregas, Rosicky, Nasri and someone else, possibly RvP or Hleb all stood in a line just outside the box waiting for the cutback.

Summed us up perfectly at the time.

Top Bottom