• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Hickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
For me, Tierney is not reliable and should be moved to a Squad die. Can't believe we gave him a raise...always on the treatment table.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Quality player. Impressive talent at Hearts and fair play to him making the move to Italy at a young age and more importantly performing. Hopefully it will encourage more young players in Scotland to do the same. The way he's going I don't think it's all that foolish to think he'll possibly be taking Tierney's spot in the national side soon enough.
You had me until the last line.

Very interesting talent who took a brave career move. Im all for another Scots man in the team.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Because Scotland won't be benching Tierney anytime soon.

If Hickey keeps developing at the rate he is and Tierney with his injury history it really isn't that crazy an idea.

If we wanted to go to a back 4 for instance and Ramsey/Patterson don't become the players we hope they will be then Hickey at RB with Robertson at LB becomes a viable option as well. Competition is healthy.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

For me, Tierney is not reliable and should be moved to a Squad die. Can't believe we gave him a raise...always on the treatment table.

His injury record isn’t great but I’d keep him as a back up option tbf especially since Tavares is going to get moved on in the summer.

I haven’t watched Hickey at Bologna but saw his and Doig’s name mentioned a lot at Hearts, both seem like really highly rated talents. If Hickey is good enough to be a starter and nail down that position then I’m all for it as we need to move away from relying on Tierney.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

If Hickey keeps developing at the rate he is and Tierney with his injury history it really isn't that crazy an idea.

If we wanted to go to a back 4 for instance and Ramsey/Patterson don't become the players we hope they will be then Hickey at RB with Robertson at LB becomes a viable option as well. Competition is healthy.
I agree competition is healthy.

But i believe Tierneys injury problems are over stated. If it was a hip reoccurrence id be worried but it hasn't been. Players get injured, his longest injury was the result of a bad fall. A bit of knee trouble and now having surgery which should correct it.

Hickey would be a good signing due to his versatile nature. I know he was highlt rated in the Celtic academy and there was talk of getting him back before leaving Hearts.

Edit.
Obviously another injury in the short term would be a concern.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

But i believe Tierneys injury problems are over stated. If it was a hip reoccurrence id be worried but it hasn't been. Players get injured, his longest injury was the result of a bad fall. A bit of knee trouble and now having surgery which should correct it.

Hickey would be a good signing due to his versatile nature. I know he was highlt rated in the Celtic academy and there was talk of getting him back before leaving Hearts.

Edit.
Obviously another injury in the short term would be a concern.

Who’s further ahead in terms of development, Doig or Hickey?

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Who’s further ahead in terms of development, Doig or Hickey?
Hickey IMO. Although both have played a near similar number of games Hickey has had the experience of two leagues and a senior call up. Doig has yet to be called upto the senior squad.

If we were greedy we'd sign both and loan* Doig out. There is a lot of value to be had in the Scottish markets.

*the new loan rules may impact this strategy.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Let's hope so but they're sure mounting up.

To be clear I'm not remotely suggesting Hickey is a better player than Tierney right now (god forbid) but if he keeps developing in the way he has been it's not crazy to think in 2-3 years time he will be.

Goonger

Can't see us going back to a back 4 as our options in central defence now are far weaker than the full back options. That's why we have a left back in Tierney playing left centre back, & a central midfielder in McTominay playing as a right centre back in a lot of games.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can't see us going back to a back 4 as our options in central defence now are far weaker than the full back options. That's why we have a left back in Tierney playing left centre back, & a central midfielder in McTominay playing as a right centre back in a lot of games.

I think we could although Clarke seems to have a determination to fit McTominay in whichever way he can for some reason. McKenna doing superbly at Forest for instance, the likes of Cooper, Souttar and Hendry as well. Anyway that's a discussion for another thread.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

They are right about one thing. Arsenals policy in buying young and hiding behind how young they are. Just like last season seems like our policy will be young and inexperienced players. Pathetic really

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

They are right about one thing. Arsenals policy in buying young and hiding behind how young they are. Just like last season seems like our policy will be young and inexperienced players. Pathetic really

All part of the plan to keep us in a perpetual rebuild so that Tets job can remain tenable for as long as humanly possible.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

All part of the plan to keep us in a perpetual rebuild so that Tets job can remain tenable for as long as humanly possible.
Arteta Will one day replace saka and Martinelli with younger players to build for the future. The club is sh1t scared to compete and hide behind young players

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I Would rather have young hungry and humble players than late 20's with big wages that make dressing room toxic.

The club doing fantastic job with targeting players and it showed this season. Arteta leading it too if you think otherwise maybe you just have wierd agenda against him that you need to stop it because it's getting silly.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I Would rather have young hungry and humble players than late 20's with big wages that make dressing room toxic.

The club doing fantastic job with targeting players and it showed this season. Arteta leading it too if you think otherwise maybe you just have wierd agenda against him that you need to stop it because it's getting silly.
How about mid/late 20swho don’t make the dressing room toxic? Or do all players of certain age make it toxic? Experience matters and we need more of it in our squad. Having too young squad actually harms your young talents. Saka and Martinelli are huge talented, but should not be carrying a team in their age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom