• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Hickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Quality player. Impressive talent at Hearts and fair play to him making the move to Italy at a young age and more importantly performing. Hopefully it will encourage more young players in Scotland to do the same. The way he's going I don't think it's all that foolish to think he'll possibly be taking Tierney's spot in the national side soon enough.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
We need someone to bench Tierney who has been average for ages, this sounds like we are going for another long term project to deputize for Tierney though...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Very good player having great season at Bologna 33 games this season 5 goals will be 20 in june. maybe we could try he have 2 years left in his contract.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Yeah this guy is one to watch, media are comparing him to Robertson. Doing well at the Serie A and is really young. Was actually hoping we'd be in for him but no rumours.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
You know what, fair enough on Arsenal. One of my biggest gripes about us is how we stick with mediocre players in the hope they come good one day. Seems like we’re not gonna mess about with Tavares and move him on. It’s probably best for all parties.

Assuming Tierney is going to miss about 40% of the season, we need someone of almost equal starting quality. Hickey looks like a good talent. I’ve heard his name sprung up a couple of times so he has something about him. Two-footed and clever on the ball gives me hope he’s the Cancelo type to Tomiyasu’s Walker. However, I do have one issue. I don’t think it’s smart to sign a player in a position with the same nationality and playing position as what you already have. It always causes issues and sooner or later one player will try to force a move, imo. It’s not a science so I may be wrong but I remember this sort of thing happening with Sczensy and Fabianski.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Don't know him, but Arsenal needs to sell Tavares and get a serious competitor for Tierney in and he fits that profile. There are other options of course, Malacia, Zinchenko, Cucurella, Grimaldo.

Goonger

Scotland actually producing some very good full backs. Tierney, Robertson & Nathan Patterson already in EPL, Hickey could be coming soon, Josh Doig always linked to moves & Calvin Ramsey looks like joining Liverpool soon to be TAA understudy. How highly do you rate him @AberGooner?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
An attacking full back that can play either side, I’m in. Quite a few links in this position, does look like we’ll be seeing someone come in.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Scotland actually producing some very good full backs. Tierney, Robertson & Nathan Patterson already in EPL, Hickey could be coming soon, Josh Doig always linked to moves & Calvin Ramsey looks like joining Liverpool soon to be TAA understudy. How highly do you rate him @AberGooner?

Ramsey? Best talent I've seen at Aberdeen for years. That's not to say it'll work out for him but I'd be surprised if he doesn't turn out to be the right back Scotland have been looking for.

Before he got injured he was by far the best player in the side but he's came back into a poor team and struggled a bit. Liverpool is to soon for him and I imagine they'd loan him out but can see why they'd be looking at him, similar attributes to Trent but obviously nowhere near that level.

Funnily enough Bologna had a £3.5m bid rejected in January so they must be keeping an eye on the Scottish game after the success of Hickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom