• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
well, surely this season is proving just how priceless the ljungberg of old is?

calling him the new henry is just media bullshit.

kamikaze80

Established Member
lennon as the giggs replacement? i can see that, tho Sp**s will want to keep their core group of young players together.

anyway, i dont think hes better than what we have, hes not going to come here (he'll be too expensive now) and we need a striker more than a wide midfielder.

choi12911

patrick42uk said:
well, surely this season is proving just how priceless the ljungberg of old is?

calling him the new henry is just media bullshit.

I thought Wenger was the one who said Walcott is a striker in Henry's mould? Media hyped him for sure, but it was Wenger who said that.

pg1989

I really think that Lennon would be a good signing. He would be playing for us for like 10 years. If we could accomodate him and Walcott in the same lineup we would be injecting even moe pace and youth.

Future Midfield and Attack Line with Lennon

RVP Walcott

Lennon Diaby Fabregas Hleb

3 years from now that would be a world class lineup and they would only get better as they will be playing together for at least 8 years. It would be like the Man U generation of Beckham, Neville, Scholes.....

stiiphunn

Established Member
Ribery would be better than Lennon.

Ribery reminds of Pires 3 years ago, when he was just amazing. I really believe that Ribery is the player we need: he's got pace, quick dribbling, good first touch, loves to work for the team.. He's a potential arsenal player, no doubt about that. With him on the left and Hleb on the right, our team would be unbeatable.

pg1989

Yes I agree, I would rather have Ribery than Lennon, he is in a different league and also he is French so maybe Henry could persuade him. As he is French his pricetag wont be as inflated.

G0D

Almighty
I was watching Soccer Sunday earlier, they only had good things to say about Lennon, they went as far to say that in about 2 years he could be the new Henry... :roll:

He does look quite good though, don't see him playing upfront though, he's far more of a winger.

Gurgen

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
He's got fast feet. But it's a shame he's short, he would be a lot dazzling if he was 3-5 inches taller

He would also be a lot less agile.

Nonsensical comment.

seb_afc

Established Member
hes got pace and thats it really. when he comes up against a defender with either pace or experience he cant hack it.

kashif_wattoo

what gives....the english fan will say that lennon (or for that matter any promising english player) is a great player and arsenal shud sign him..foreign fan will say he will be expensive and over-rated so better sign Ribery or any other non-english player with equal attributes but less price-tags..again what gives...a never-ending debate between us gooners.
by the way, he is not even linked with us soo why is this thread here???

cheers

Gurgen

Established Member
Clichy had him covered at the Lane, and he wouldn't have got past Cole once had he been fit. Cashley is a ****, but we could have used him on Saturday.

Tegh

Established Member
Shame asa's not here to get rid of this thread.
We're not going to get him, so it's fuc|<ing pointless.

longrufus

Established Member
Well said Tegh my good man.
Pointless debate, firstly we are not even linked and secondly he is not coming here.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
The thing that bothers me is that why wasn't there any club that were after him since Leeds got relegated? And of all people, Sp**s got his signtaure. Why?

mood

Lennon is a quality player and I've always rated him.

But if Theo Walcott is going to be on that right wing.. whats the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom